Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

MORE GRAFFITI RELATED WORK. I mean drips and all get a lil mediocre butyou have street art and then art which is inspired by what a writer knows which could be reffered to as street art. And I have yet to meet a writer which was not a bit esoteric, so with that in mind I am eager to see more work. If it is not utterly or half assed liked, well one can start a thread opposite of what is being posted. What cooler thing than to see a writers painting style techniques and letters on a canvas but with out the letters.

CHARACTERS, LETTERS ETC. ETC. post post....

thanx a lot fatalist

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

seyno,

i give my opinion when and how i think it will be constructive. sometimes that might seem harsh, but some people can't be told any other way. if you can't handle watching such a thing taking place, i suggest you get off the internet ASAP and head down to your local special olympic training camp, where everyone is a 'winner'. you might think everything is equally beautiful, but i have no use for bullshit like that. in my world (which, incidently, is the same world that 99.999999% of the rest of the population lives in), there is 'good' art and there is 'bad' art. i'm not so dissillusioned as to think that my opinion holds true for everyone, but there are some instances that are just too blatent to ignore. when someone asks, or when i think it's appropriate i'll share my opinion. if they don't want to listen thats there perogative.

bottom line is that i really dont give a shit what you think about me. i have the respect of my 'super friends', i have no use for your bumbaclot candy ass hippy love jam bullshit. thanks, but no thanks.

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 31 2005, 10:10 PM

bottom line is that i really dont give a shit what you think about me. i have the respect of my 'super friends', i have no use for your bumbaclot candy ass hippy love jam bullshit. thanks, but no thanks.

I love watching/reading Seeking's arguements.

Also, madcapa, I think you're trying "too hard" on your canvases. Resembles a poorly done mixed media. But your girl's canvas and that "I will eat you alive" canvas is pretty decent. I think I would've liked it more if you actually filled in that "bear-like" character. But instead you left it hollow and that whole splash/drips with the spray paint... shits played out like yo mama jokes and shit. But yeah, it does look like you don't have much to use. Blahbiddy blahbiddy blah.

I just got back from work. More later.

edit*

la grammar

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 31 2005, 09:10 PM

seyno,

i give my opinion when and how i think it will be constructive. sometimes that might seem harsh, but some people can't be told any other way.  if you can't handle watching such a thing taking place, i suggest you get off the internet ASAP and head down to your local special olympic training camp, where everyone is a 'winner'. you might think everything is equally beautiful, but i have no use for bullshit like that. in my world (which, incidently, is the same world that 99.999999% of the rest of the population lives in), there is 'good' art and there is 'bad' art. i'm not so dissillusioned as to think that my opinion holds true for everyone, but there are some instances that are just too blatent to ignore. when someone asks, or when i think it's appropriate i'll share my opinion. if they don't want to listen thats there perogative.

Though I do agree largely with what you are saying, but if I feel something sucks I wont waste any more time on it by typing my psyche. Please do not speak for me as i have not done for you.

when you classify something as bad art, where does your's place @ the moment you make such a comment. to know bad you have to know good, and if your comments are always coming @ the bad sector you are inderectly saying, look i am in the good side of art, otherwise you would not critique as much as you do.

If i call some one ugly where do i place myself @ the moment i say it. It's like a snobby kid who knows his car is a lil better and he drives around saying, thats bad car, because he classifies all cars in the good car or bad car section. The minute you make such a comment, one is being made right @ you.

it is the auto anti-thesis theory.. do not agree with it but register what it means and think to yourself what you are truly saying when you call something bad art.

i think to many kids are doing canvases...its like the whole nike dunk craze where ''everyone'' wants to be down...i rather have kids put slop up on a canvas in their parents garage rather than a wall out side, but u should all stop just drilling everything into the ground and playing it out...when something is done 1000 times, what makes u think its gunna be fresh just becuase you made it...you need to think about colors-plan out a theam, do a lil and come back to it, in the long run you will have a nice peice of art....people are going spraypaint backgrounds with a 5 sec splash and doing someweird outline with a deco with no meaning behind it, and calling it graffiti art and then slaping it on e-bay...it has to stop you guys are clowning yourselfs and makeing a fool out of your own art form and also a bad name for others...im not trying to down anyone...but ppl its just gross !... i come on here to see whats new and i see like 15 canvases that flood the whole page, and thos 15 canvaes put together prolly took 30 mins to do...its just a waste...then after that treat i get to look forward to haveing to lissen to someone argue just cuzs someone they dont even know from butt fuck china land, said they wernt feeling that...

this is....i mean ''WAS'' one of my few fav threads here on 12oz and now its crud...im sorta dissapointed that ppl dont share on here cuz of the mess this thread has gotten into...but hey i cant blame them, im going to make a new thread where its gunna be called ''Grown up canvas thread'' where only ppl which put thought and time in there work can post...and where ppl that can talk and speak coments with out any childish arguements....where ppl dont fly off the bat just cuzs someone dosent like what u posted....give me 2 days to collocet decent work from well known artists, and i will have the thread up soon...along with rules and gide lines....all you lil kids can stay in here learn nothing and argue with each other....

thank you

thank fucking god some people are still about posting canvases and not about taking part in the arguing and bullshit.

i don't give a flying fuck if the content is graffiti related or not. jesus h christ on a popsicle stick....it's the interweb.

madcapa, you interested in trading canvases? holla at me.

syno,

what are you trying to accomplish? to make yourself sound like a total tampon? i dont need to be banging jessica alba to know that girls with down syndrome are not attractive to me. i do not need to be driving a corvette to know that a festiva is a shitty car. i don't need to be shaq to tell you that mini me is short as fuck, and i dont need to be michelangelo to tell you that some kid who spends 15 minutes slapping paint onto a canvas with no rhyme or reason is making some bullshit ass art. again, maybe in your world every time a candy wrapper blows down the street it's some beautiful example of the perfection of creation, but in my world it's called litter and it get's caught in the drain pipes, causes back ups which overtime leads to a massive hemorage in the sewer systems causing piss and shit to explode all over the city. maybe you want to be floating in a river of people-poop, but i sure as hell don't.

ever hear of the golden ratio? ever hear of 'math' for that matter? what about 'color theory'? 'principles of design'?! there are things that are proven to be pretty much universally pleasing to the eye, that apparently you, in all your infinate wisdom, are somehow failing to grasp. all of those things are factored in when i 'critique' someones work. now i dont give a flying fuck if you understand, believe or care what i think, but if it bothers you as much as it appears to, i'd suggest packing up camp and moving along to a nice watercolor board populated by blue haired old ladies that are just happy to still be alive and give you candy every time they see you.

please, stop trying to 'enlighten' me.

Originally posted by Coffie Crave@Feb 1 2005, 02:52 AM

i think to many kids are doing canvases...its like the whole nike dunk craze where ''everyone'' wants to be down...i rather have kids put slop up on a canvas in their parents garage rather than a wall out side, but u should all stop just drilling everything into the ground and playing it out...when something is done 1000 times, what makes u think its gunna be fresh just becuase you made it...you need to think about colors-plan out a theam, do a lil and come back to it, in the long run you will have a nice peice of art....people are going spraypaint backgrounds with a 5 sec splash and doing someweird outline with a deco with no meaning behind it, and calling it graffiti art and then slaping it on e-bay...it has to stop you guys are clowning yourselfs and makeing a fool out of your own art form and also a bad name for others...im not trying to down anyone...but ppl its just gross !... i come on here to see whats new and i see like 15 canvases that flood the whole page, and thos 15 canvaes put together prolly took 30 mins to do...its just a waste...then after that treat i get to look forward to haveing to lissen to someone argue just cuzs someone they dont even know from butt fuck china land, said they wernt feeling that...

this is....i mean ''WAS'' one of my few fav threads here on 12oz and now its crud...im sorta dissapointed that ppl dont share on here cuz of the mess this thread has gotten into...but hey i cant blame them, im going to make a new thread where its gunna be called ''Grown up canvas thread'' where only ppl which put thought and time in there work can post...and where ppl that can talk and speak coments with out any childish arguements....where ppl dont fly off the bat just cuzs someone dosent like what u posted....give me 2 days to collocet decent work from well known artists, and i will have the thread up soon...along with rules and gide lines....all you lil kids can stay in here learn nothing and argue with each other....

thank you

correct me if i'm wrong ...but don't you write take? Weren't you one the ones who jumped on the dunk craze? and your canvasses have had things that have been done over and over in the past....I don't mean to come off like such a dick I just read your argument and thought you to be a bit hypocritical

Originally posted by ENO ELPMIS+Jan 27 2005, 05:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ENO ELPMIS - Jan 27 2005, 05:30 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Joker@Jan 26 2005, 11:35 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-ENO ELPMIS@Jan 25 2005, 07:52 AM

FUCK alot of this shit

Care to elaborate?

well im not hating on anything specific, i just think its ridiculous that people start writing like last year and start doing canvasses when they couldnt paint a canvass that looked good period with or without graffiti lettering. and yes i know everybody starts somewhere but take your time post pictures when you got somthing genuine and good. just thinking tho, i was waching style wars (the gallery part) and alot of the stuff i would never rock on my wall...anyway the point is just cause its graff dont mean it look good in canvass its how its done and the colors and the craftsmanship.i dunno ive never done a canvass that i liked, just cause a 16 year old chick you know from class likes it doesnt mean its good. whatever im retarded, and hungry and pissed im in class

[/b]

your a fuckin joke kid.. your talkin shit about kids startin up last year, what? two years at it makes you any better? your a fuckin new jack. shut up. take your own advise "take your time post pictures when you got somthing genuine and good." you suck kid.

Originally posted by sect one+Feb 1 2005, 07:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sect one - Feb 1 2005, 07:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Coffie Crave@Feb 1 2005, 02:52 AM

thank you

correct me if i'm wrong ...but don't you write take? Weren't you one the ones who jumped on the dunk craze? and your canvasses have had things that have been done over and over in the past....I don't mean to come off like such a dick I just read your argument and thought you to be a bit hypocritical

[/b]

I thought the same but also thought maybe he was projecting with out realizing it. His work has progressed quite a bit over the time this thread has been around. But seems to still be looking for the stamp of aproval from the heavy hitters by showing the same opinions. I did this myself for a week or two last year, only to realize how bitch made it is.

Most people in this forum will jump on the thoughts that more senior people here have. Seeking for example has a better understanding of art theory than 75% of the kids that come here do, that has 2 effects on his comments (in my view) 1 He can see and understand things others cant, therfore has more input than most, 2 He is more critical than most can be, to be helpful in part, and who knows maybe he feels good being a dick to people he dosent know. A desire to see quality work isnt a bad thing.

wasting bandwidth, like i am, is not good for the thread .... however we dont need a new one we just need peeople to post some canvas. If its got letters and characters on it so fucking what, if it dosent whatever, just post work and share thoughts. we all get to learn that way, we waste time and energy bickering over something so pointless !!!

e-fame oner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think to many kids are doing canvases...its like the whole nike dunk craze where ''everyone'' wants to be down...i rather have kids put slop up on a canvas in their parents garage rather than a wall out side, but u should all stop just drilling everything into the ground and playing it out...when something is done 1000 times, what makes u think its gunna be fresh just becuase you made it...you need to think about colors-plan out a theam, do a lil and come back to it, in the long run you will have a nice peice of art....people are going spraypaint backgrounds with a 5 sec splash and doing someweird outline with a deco with no meaning behind it, and calling it graffiti art and then slaping it on e-bay...it has to stop you guys are clowning yourselfs and makeing a fool out of your own art form and also a bad name for others...im not trying to down anyone...but ppl its just gross !... i come on here to see whats new an

damn it haha, you cought me yes i colloect senakers im a dork like that, but the whole craze jump off ruined it for all the real heads...if ur into kicks u know what i mean, but ill stay on topic...yes i do use the ''splash'' backgorund affect once in a while, its sorta a trade mark and also a thing i love...if done right,with the right angel & with the right colors it looks good, themo was the one who put me on the splashes...

there is tons of trends and tricks and trades...i rember when ct kids where makeing a letter fade into the background and almost looking like its blowing up or something...this was hot and fresh...alot of ppl jumped on it some chouldent pull it off, but some did.

everyone is gunna get ideas from one another, its art..heck its graffiti...but its all about how u use them and applie them,

and sorry i dont know who take is but i herd that kids a real homo