Getting published...

mr_president

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KING BLING

I worte the below in responce to another thread but it seems to work here as well

(1) Crap Poetry Thread

(2) Crap Poetry Thread

(3) A Novel Idea - Haiku thread

Re: Love fucking hurts...

Though well intended, creative struggle and originality serves to further your healing and the unique expression of your ideas.

Avoid words like: soul, heart, forever, love, dead [ or any derivitive there of], pain, dark, light, alone.......

They serve to over simplify and make your attempts seem generic/bland to everyone but you. You could retort that it is only for you but than why post it, and even than if it for you why not push your personal limits.

Another point is that you might want to almost entirely eliminate anything that is not an image. Given, poems should know few if any limits. However, poems without imagery that can be used as road markers for the uninvolved reader leaves your ideas bland and often completely out of the readers grasp to become involved. Imagery should be your primary focus, don't tell me you're sad, show me...

...poetry class has served me for the first time

Originally posted by NOBODY

i feel bad for the guy because everything he sais gets quoted and laughed at.i mean sure he sais some pretty dumb shit and whatnot but im begining to notice 12oz is like a fucking highschool.you got your little popular users and all the little guys are all on the dick and wouldnt dare to go against something they say.like look at this thread.teaser wants to publish a poem hes wrote because he thinks its worthy of being published.as usual everybody points the fucking finger and makes their usual rude ass comments.im not saying thats a terrible thing to do but i mean this time the guy is serious about something he wants to accomplish. then seeking comes around and sticks up for him and all of a sudden almost all of the clowning on tease stops.i find that pretty funny in itself.just an observation.

alrite tease im gonna give you my honest opinion on this poem you wrote.its a little too simple and you really need to learn how to write poetry a little better.just take your time with this.seriously get a journal and start writing everyday.look up good poems.and look for a good poetry forum.post your poems there and see what they think.i think thats the best thing you could do to improve.

the bashing doesnt affect me to much, unless its people who dont know me and keep talking shit about me thats untrue, it just gets annoying ya know. i mean for fucks sake, how many times are the SAME PEOPLE going to say the same stupid shit about me...

about the poem man, i just posted it to show the people who didnt see it, no shame in my game.

and i wasnt necessarily meaning i wanted it published, i was asking in general about books and poems etc....

Guest blame

Its easy to judge a book by its cover

Its very easy to judge people on the internet, its the most inaccurate description of them though. The thing is people feel that sence of anonyminity and theres no confrontation, its just words on a screen so its almost like all sides of there personality come out at once and expressions, tones, and emmotions are hard to perceive simply using "smileys" and exclamation marks that dont really allow you to feel what they are saying.

The other thing is that it bothers me that people think you have to live in a ghetto and be poor etc to have real problems. one of my friends from school had parents who were virtually millionaires and i always count my blessings after a 5 minute conversation with him about whats going on in his life. but naturally when people see his upset they are so quick to assume "ahhh poor little rich kid, daddy bought you a 2002 mercedes benz, instead of a 2003 blah blah blah".

there are problems in that come along with all aspects of life being poor, average, and rich all come with different sets of tests and diffcuties. these are what help us grow. its easier said than done but for fucks sake dont judge somone as a person by what you know of their posts and post status.

*edit, cause mammero is an anal fuck!:spin:

Re: Its easy to judge a book by its cover

Originally posted by blame

Its very easy to judge people on the internet, its the most inaccurate description of them though. The thing is people feel that sence of anonyminity and theres no confrontation, its just words on a screen so its almost like all sides of there personality come out at once and expressions, tones, and emmotions are hard to perceive simply using "smileys" and exclamation marks that dont really allow you to feel what they are saying.

The other thing is that it bothers me that people think you have to live in a ghetto and be poor etc to have real problems. one of my friends from school had parents who were virtually millionaires and i always count my blessings after a 5 minute conversation with him about whats going on in his life. but naturally when people see his upset they are so quick to assume "ahhh poor little rich kid, daddy bought you a 2002 mercedes benz, instead of a 2003 blah blah blah".

there are problems in that come along with all aspects of life being poor, average, and rick all come with different sets of tests and diffcuties. these are what help us grow. its easier said than done but for fucks sake dont judge somone as a person by what you know of their posts and post status

exactly.

im not rich by anymeans, but i have been pretty fortunate until recently. my problems arent really financial type bullshit, until recently... but its other shit like friends and people etc...

Originally posted by NOBODY

i feel bad for the guy because everything he sais gets quoted and laughed at.i mean sure he sais some pretty dumb shit and whatnot but im begining to notice 12oz is like a fucking highschool.you got your little popular users and all the little guys are all on the dick and wouldnt dare to go against something they say.like look at this thread.teaser wants to publish a poem hes wrote because he thinks its worthy of being published.as usual everybody points the fucking finger and makes their usual rude ass comments.im not saying thats a terrible thing to do but i mean this time the guy is serious about something he wants to accomplish. then seeking comes around and sticks up for him and all of a sudden almost all of the clowning on tease stops.i find that pretty funny in itself.just an observation.

He says some REALLY stupid shit. Those that just jump on the bandwagon and try and kick him when he's down are of dubious value, but when he says something dumb I don't see the harm in someone calling him on it... wasn't he the one who thought girls could get pregnant by giving a blow job? :confused:

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Re: Its easy to judge a book by its cover

Originally posted by blame

being poor, average, and rick all come with different sets of tests and diffcuties.

Agreed. I'm glad I'm not Rick.

Originally posted by mr_president

its just something i think would be cool to do. i have a lot of goals like that, id like to write a book one day, not sure about what, get a poem published, and even write a screenplay for a movie someday.

ok so you want to do these things because their cool.

I understand where you're coming from but it usually

takes way more than just a passing interest to really

create something worth reading. I knew a 'professional'

poet who sold tons of books and lived of her writing,

but I wouldn't wish her lifestyle on anyone. Pure fucking hell.

Poetry is generally not something you want to do but

something you feel that you have to do. You follow?

Originally posted by Kilo7-

ok so you want to do these things because their cool.

I understand where you're coming from but it usually

takes way more than just a passing interest to really

create something worth reading. I knew a 'professional'

poet who sold tons of books and lived of her writing,

but I wouldn't wish her lifestyle on anyone. Pure fucking hell.

Poetry is generally not something you want to do but

something you feel that you have to do. You follow?

i realise my persona and past on this board doesnt say much about me thats good anyways, but maybe you dont know me well enough to know whether im good at writing or not?

do you follow?

what's all this about artists and writers must suffer in order to be successful. in my opinion it's the opposite. how many successful writers you think come from the tunnels? or a third world nation? or even the ghetto? not many hello! being successful is about having connections assface.

Archived