Enduring your own existance: Why?

ball & chain

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

youll get alot of dumb answers like 'to smoke weed!', etc.

but when you think about it its a good question.

all the showering, teeth brushing, eating, drinking, sleeping, working, etc..what does it all add up to? is life really 'worth it' ?

when you think about only a small fraction of your life is thoroughly enjoyed.

ive thought about this alot..good post.

mapo- me and you are pretty damn similiar... i liked your response...

im going to goto florida i think for that one paint jam in november or whenever it is, and we are going to kick it...

more serious answer to this thread:

i think about this shit all the time to, is life really worth it, seems like money owns everything, without it life sucks majorly. i hate how people try to be "cool" or how shit on tv gets so trendy and whatever else, its like nobody can just be cool being them...

i dont know though, i need to find some more things that are worth doing in life so it is more meaningful...

If you haven't found a meaning for your life, what's your purpose? Your born to die, it's unavoidable...your whole life you're just prepairing yourself to die. If you've found no purpose or meaning in your life, is it really worth your time living it? I feel sometimes, not that the world would be better of without me, but that i'd be better off without the world...if that makes any sense.

Some people exist because they decide too, some exist out of habit.

"I think, therefore I exist"

So once you realize your own existance, do you live consciously or do you return to a habit ridden consciousness?

Originally posted by mr_president

i dont know though, i need to find some more things that are worth doing in life so it is more meaningful...

you dont need to find anything, you need to take a look at the little things in life that you already have, and realize how meaningful they are to your everyday life.

To understand our place in life we must first understand life itself. The world is full of stuff. You can break it down into good, bad stuff, you can break it down into religions, nations, cultures... Ultimately what is good and bad is the same basically though despite these divisions. The law is simple, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." But people make it complicated. There is an unfair balance of power so you cannot always do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This leads into things like mind control, oppression, killing sprees etc. etc. The list goes on and on. You could spend you're whole life trying to explain this. So the world is unfair and cruel right? Should we do anything about it? Wouldn't you want someone to do something about it? Of course. But what the hell can I do? Many things we can do. Anything we can do if you beleive in it strongly enough. heh, thats tough. Do what you can, but make it worthwhile. If you live for yourself, then you are going to lose yourself. Not only that but you become a tool for the purposes of others which may or may not be a good thing. Even worse you may not even know.

The most important thing is to reach out to peoples hearts and minds. Love is the law. This is the greatest of all the Passions. If you do things out of love, you cannot regret it.

I've puzzled over this stuff my whole life and still there is such a long way to go.... The journey may never end. At least in this lifetime.

i feel like i got a few ideas of what im going to do with my life, but i just havent dove into any of them... i will be remembered by all when i go though...

i like helping people, making them laugh, etc.

im going to write a book one day, and a movie...

then take over the world...

for the little emotional here-and-theres

that's about all i can give you. if you don't appreciate what you create in life and don't get a euphoric feeling while doing it then you are just another cog in the machine, working hard in school so you can get a good job and work hard later. then die.

Originally posted by $360

every day i die a little more, which means that everyday should be spent living a little more.

*post inspired by crave*

dont know why but i really feel this answer.

i question this shit all the time, especially if there is no afterlife of any sort then why bother doin anything right now. if it doesnt add up to shit in the end i dont see a point. that could just be a really negative point of view though.

Originally posted by ball & chain

Quiet simply put, why exist?

i dont think theres any reason to exist..life is horrible and every bit of happiness is overshadowed by a thousand other things..some people are just able to cope. when i get down i just think of one of many funny quotes from the Cope2 video including "I just like to do a rainbow of colors..shit that girls like."-Ovie

Good question. And I’ve always asked myself this. And for some reason, most of the time, I come up with “is it all worth it?”

I’m young. And I have so much of my life ahead of me that I don’t know what my purpose is or will be. All I know is that I have some kind of purpose on this earth and everyday I learn more about my purpose.

I know that I want to learn how to be a kindhearted person.

Guest willy.wonka

i feel like one of them humans that was taken by some evil scientist and mutated for the world to hate...then the scientist died and my will was my way...

im still a monster, im trying to find my humanity

sometimes i wonder, but my existance is my answer

I think maybe Shakespeare wrote it best...

To be, or not to be ... that is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,

Or to take up arms against a sea of troubles - and by opposing them end them?

To die... To sleep... no more...

And by a sleep to say we end the heartache, and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to..

Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished!

To die... To sleep...

To sleep? Perchance to dream!

Ay there's the rub! For in that sleep of death what dreams may come when we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause...

There's the respect that makes calamity of so long life.

For who would bear the whips and scorns of time, the oppressors wrong, the proud man's contumely?

The pangs of despised love, the law's delay?

The insolence of office,

And the spurns that patient merit of the unworthy takes,

When he himself might his quietus make - with a bare bodkin?

i think that everyone is put on this earth to leave a mark...some choose to leave a good one, some choose to leave a bad one...but some ppl...those who dont follow their hearts or dont do their bests just dont leave a mark

wow i sound sooooo corny:lol:

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by mapo returns

when you think about only a small fraction of your life is thoroughly enjoyed.

Speak for yourself.

I simply don't think we can know. Even if we did, human nature would lead us to question whether or not the "it"- that turned out to be the absolute reason for it all- is all there really is.

So to answer the original question, because we already do. The real question is "what the fuck do I do now?"

Archived