How much you willing to pay to floss?

misteraven

I refuse to buy gear at a mall. I cant stand mass market stuff, and off brand retailers like marshalls and tj max are especially not spots I'd ever consider getting gear at.

not to be all snobby, but it's just lame to go out and catch every other kid wearing the same stuff. at the very least, i'll take the time to shop at a stand alone shop, so I know I'm not sporting the same crap parents buy, wnem they take the kids back to school shopping.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe its different for kids that dont live in major cities. either way, there's always mailorder, but to shop at the mall just seems like 8th grade revisited to me.

i see off brand shops as a step below that since their selling last seasons mass market crap. lots of it is cheaper constructed versions of mall brands that big brands use to make a quick buck and build margins and brand recognition with.

lame.

my six hundred dollar leather with matching gloves has paint on it.

im not in anyway trying to discourage people from buying small labels, but at this point in my life, if im going to suport somthing like that, it would be myself....till im rich anyway.....then its on with the custom wardrobe.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Misteraven

I refuse to buy gear at a mall. I cant stand mass market stuff, and off brand retailers like marshalls and tj max are especially not spots I'd ever consider getting gear at.

not to be all snobby, but it's just lame to go out and catch every other kid wearing the same stuff. at the very least, i'll take the time to shop at a stand alone shop

I totally hear that, even for a 10$ thing the pleasure of buying shit you select out of a wide variety is the whole pleasure. Same goes for pretty much everything one buys.

Guest imported_Tesseract

What i find even more funny with clothing is that depending on where you stand things differ so much. For example, were i am, wearing a giant tshirt 15$ guarantees that i might even be the only person in the whole damn country that wears that, while at the same time something totally flashy for the us like prada or some euro stuff in general..could be affordable and quite common...that idea is totally amusing.

i wear what i feel comfortable in. and it usually doesn't cost to much and usually its not too fancy. and i'm usually not too concerned with what others are wearing.

though i did get the hook up on a one of a kind dope ass blue marlin shirt from a sweetheart!! now thats' flossin'!!

I collect vintage coats from the early to the late 70's......Pendelton,Montgomery Ward,Sears work jackets,old leather jackets with the "pop" collar.....I buy them for next to nothin....because I switch the tags....makes it nice,because if they get paint on 'em..I don't care.

It might just be me, but I hate nike! I don't like jordan at all, and I won't buy any other nike clothing or shoes... I did think about buying a pair of the nike shoes that looked like the reeboks posted earlier, but I couldn't do it.

I really just don't see what is so great about jordans

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/24432/p/404833_1162886073660215802_v.jpg'>

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/24432/p/404834_1674663598268747671_vl.jpg'>

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/24432/p/404840_7957699895477139699_v.jpg'>

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/24432/p/404841_8829281385324172857_v.jpg'>

savier is making some baller shit, they also have LE velvet jumpsuits...yeah word.

raven, I am going to be making more shirts, they will be done professionally, could i talk to you about the design and such?, i am interested in what you think. Ill shoot you an email when the artwork is ready.

i try to limit myself as to how much i spend to get some exclusive type shit. for the most part i try to catch stuff that hasn't exactly hit the mainstream yet. for example when echo was ecko and only t-shirts i had that shit before anyone i knew. some shit out today is just way too expensive for my taste. and most times for me, subtle is better anyhow.

so i guess we have no serious sneaker/t-shirt collector's in here?

c'mon, I know not all you people shop at marshall's and the local footlocker at the mall up the street?!

kinda ironic when writing is focused around an eye for aesthetics & detail, while centering on ego, yet not many of you are willing to pay more than $18 for a t-shirt, or go beyond the local mall to shop for gear?

I know funds the economy is tight and funds are scarce, but it doesnt take all that much effort to scrounge the loot it takes to get some limited kicks, and a premium shirt.

once again, those are my 2 cents...

I can appreciate the fact that maybe design is being integrated (art) into fashio like you said, whatever tickles their pickle, but for me clothes are about serving their purpose, to wear. I would never spend money on a three hundred dollar pair of shoes, then go run in them, like wise I doubt I would buy them, then put them on display as to say look at me I have money and Im awesome.

I wear plain normal cheap shit, today its a white t shirt, and a pair of old khakis. Which are probably at a combined cost of about 30 dollars.

I am willing to pay for limited t-shirts, but most of the people are usually selling it for 20 bucks, with is fine with me as long as its really dope. Im not much of a sneaker person, i am getting those pictured above in tan and white, but i will wear them and use them, not floss with them. I really like this places t-shirts: www.thequitelife.com

And i get alot of exclusive joints at my work, that will only be made once, because i made them. So if there is something i want on a t-shirt, I will make it myself.

-slightly agreeing with raven on that ego/eye for detail thing, very on point.

another thing i might mention, is that while many of us are writers and do look to be original, we dont want to buy a ty-shirt with a handstyle or drips on it. some nice/clever graphics without being too loud or aggresive is something i think would do well.

Archived