How much you willing to pay to floss?

misteraven

With the graff on clothing thread going pretty strong, I figured I'd kick off another related topic that has me interested these days (Especially after missing out on an opportunity to score some Heineken Dunks).

Anyhow, any of you people serious sneaker or clothing collectors? How much is too much to spend to out shine everybody when you go out an floss?

Not even counting gear like Prada, Chanel, etc, it's getting pretty costly if you want to rock some exclusive, limited edition joints that you can be almost sure to not see on every clown you bump into. Brands like Supreme, Bathing Ape, and even some of the small run collabo sneakers Nike's doing all seem to be costing a paycheck or three to get your hands on. Personally, I dig the fact that fashion and art are starting to blur, and that a t-shirt can be as collectable as the latest underground artist made vinyl toy. Though I rarely indulge myself, it's pretty fun to watch the hype some of this stuff generates, as well as the interesting partnerships - ie Nike vs Heineken, Bathing Ape vs Futura2000, etc. Much of it seems to be rooted in graff culture, even if it's not 'graff clothing' as discussed in the other thread. Regardless, nobody twisting anybody else's arm to buy it - as amatter of fact kids seem to be tripping over themselves to get their hands on it. Either way, I think it's cool to see people doing cool stuff, and I really like the fact that many of them are/were writers that have broadened their horizons and found creative ways to flex their talent while making some scratch.

Just curious where many of you guys stand on the issue?

===================

Limited Edition Stash Dunks (37/50)

USD $1,055.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...0&category=1262

http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_bba2cc6d4d2911c8e6ec72ccd8a84e88/i-1.JPG'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have etnies that I've probably had for close to two years. And some Globe shoes i think. Not to mention my boat shoes, or mocasins(sp?) to you regular folk. Whatever shirts I like I buy. But I would never fucking spend more than $25 for a T shirt especially when I normally get shirts for free or around the $8 range. Shorts, Khakis, and Jeans cost no more than 50$ a pair. Sa'll good for me. Hoodies are usually free or around $30-60. It doesn't matter what under graments I rock, just aslong as I get support and breathing room. My boxerbriefs do me and my junk right.

Guest imported_Tesseract

I have those dunks, minus the drips...next time my marker fucks up i'll be saving 970$

:dazed:

naw, seriously...i agree with you that its enjoyable to see cool shit happening, however i'd never pay that kind of money just for design, my most expensive clothes are ussualy very plain and classic shit that just fit in perfectly and have superior quality that shines, i'd never pay that kind of money for a tshirt with a drawing on it (any drawing) nor did i even cared if some clown wears the same shit i do...on a sidenote, my latest obsession is clothes made for climbers, hikers etc....the technology and functionality on that stuff is fuckin crazy.

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

I dont trip on clothing too much myself.

I wear a lot of dickies, and plain clothes.

Im not too big on fashions, and trends.

My homie on the other hand..is a big Jordan head.

He has a rack full of jordans he wears,

and a bunch of boxes of Jordans for collection,

and possible sale/trade. He bought four

of these when they frist came out..he still

has 3 pairs, that have never been worn.

http://www.23.pl/pix/do_kupienia/air17.jpg'>

I know he has a lot of old ones too. He bought

them years ago, and they are still spanking new.

He has some he purchased years ago, and those

are still new too! We crack on him at times cuzz he

has all these shoes, but no car...lolz.

:lol:

I have 5 pairs of shoes. :(

I hear you. Personally I usually keep my brands incognito, but there's still something to be said about the feeling you get wearing some $300 sneakers that are limited to only 100 pairs worldwide. I guess it's amatter of how deep your pockets are, and where your priorities lay. Regardless, I'm not sure where people are getting sub-$22 shirts. Most t-shirts I see these days are at least $24, but tend to be more in the $26 - $32 range.

i floss nice shit....if im all dressed up my fit is maybe two g's with accessorys...well i guess the ink and paint stains kill the resale value...

but personally im not feeling the style on some of the flossables pictured. if they were 15 or 1500 i dont think you would catch me flossin that style....but thats just me.

edit-dont get me wrong though....those first nikes are sick....if i was pulling bread enough i would buy em but i fuck shoes up hella quick.

Originally posted by Tesseract

I...on a sidenote, my latest obsession is clothes made for climbers, hikers etc....the technology and functionality on that stuff is fuckin crazy.

yeah, if i'm spending my money, it's got to be quality products that will last. i do not really floss (except my teeth, once in a while), anyone i would care to meet wouldn't care about that shit anyhow. it's always good to see art in any form however, makes life interesting.

Guest WebsterUno

I do spend $$ on clothes made

by homies, or mags I support.

I have a clout shirt I bought off Smog.

I also have a shirt I bought off my

homie that reads:

EDF-WARSAI

its a platoon of soldiers from Eritrea

that are at war with Ethiopia. Money

from each shirt goes in a fund that supports

the soldiers efforts. My friend was in that

war at the age of 15.

I wear shirts like that..or shirts with prints.

I have a black shirt that says

POLICE

in big bold white letters on the front and back.

I also have a shirt that reads:

-----------------------------

"you must be this tall to ride this ride"

another shirt, I have..

says ADDICTED

and has a big p*t leaf that looks like

an Addidas logo.

:lol:

Originally posted by Misteraven

I'm not sure where people are getting sub-$22 shirts. Most t-shirts I see these days are at least $24, but tend to be more in the $26 - $32 range.

I can pick up t-shirts at the mall or marshalls for like 20$. Or if I go to shows I can pick up shirts for $10 a pop. Or if a friend is playing i get free merch. Or get things silk screened for me.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

i value every dollar i make. and although i do also find it interesting and exciting to see mainstream products become....corrupted (for lack of a better word) by artsy thinkers, i dont see or feel a need to spend ridiculous amounts of my hard earned money on it. if i had that kind of easy spending money, shit id buy it just to support the artists/movement.

i dont floss. i dont want to stand out.