FLORIDA GRAFFITI EVENT : NOVEMBER 8, 2003

Guest Belab

• 2 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hit it over the summer while i was staying at a friends. went up to tallahasse for three days, and passed back through gville on the way homebecause i forgot to take pictures, and it was already dissed. just lines of blue paint through a black and white throwup. luckily it could be mended because i still had cans.

anyway. i might be up there. is it still on though? rumors of cancellation have been around..

someone told me miracle got cancelled. can someone confirm this?

Even if it did you can still go and paint, it's a FREE PUBLIC wall.

you won't see me there, however. You'd be lucky to have a piece run a week. Sometimes you'd be lucky to have it run a day!

So, if you want the event to happen then just show up. Simple as that.

the guy who organizes this event each year recieved an email from g ville pd and was informed that if anyone was painting the wall during gator growl this year they would be arrested.this is what i heard.as far as it being a free public wall i have no idea what that means and do not know where one of those exists.if the city doesnt want you to paint you either dont paint or you goto jail.no passing go no 200 dollars,etc,etc......

the wall gets painted mostly by college kids with rollers and shit...they do murals for birthdays, anniversaries, memorials and shit like that, it's been a legal wall since I can remember, not saying that that arresting thing isn't true but I don't know why all of a sudden they want to make it illegal for gatorgraw weeked.

but I don't know why all of a sudden they want to make it illegal for gatorgraw weeked.

Probably because when all these writers come to town for that "event" each year they bomb the city. The cops know this.

as far as it being a free public wall i have no idea what that means and do not know where one of those exists

Means anyone can paint it at any time.

One exists in Gainesville, unless of course the rumors are true. I think it's a bluff though.

<font color="red">IMPORTANT: MIRACLE ON 34TH HAS BEEN CANCELLED

DO NOT PAINT OR YOU'LL BE ARRESTED.</font>

Since we didn't want to cooperate what-so-ever with the police up in gay Gainesville, they have told me that if anyone paints (graffiti) on the wall during Gator Growl then they will be arrested. Therefore, we have decided not to take a chance with the event and have cancelled it. Spread the word since we don't want anyone to go up there thinking that the event is still going to happen, and then they just end up getting arrested for that peace of shit wall.

Sorry, not our fault....

Lateski......

Originally posted by FrEd BaRnEs

don't know why all of a sudden they want to make it illegal for gatorgraw weeked.

1) Because in previous years everyone came up and bombed the hell out of the city. Trust me, I don't think they really liked that.

2) The 2 HUGE fights that happend last year over writers beef.

3) From what the owners of the wall (Gainesville Transportation Service) told me, they don't want it since they just fixed up the entire 34th street and the middle curb, and they have been already fucked up from writers.

4) I ain't cooperating with no cops just to have this event.

Originally posted by swiss cheese

Even if it did you can still go and paint, it's a FREE PUBLIC wall.

It used to be legal.....

Now according to the Gainesville Transportation Service it is no longer legal to paint, even though I hear that college kids paint that crap all the time.

i lived in g'ville for three years, and saw alot of action on the 34th street wall. the first piece i painted was on this wall...

too bad to hear about the event... was looking forward to it.

heres some flicks of somebody we all know that painted on this wall...

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00365283f00000019.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00365283f00000020.jpg'>

yo keamz i have a legal wall down here in naples...anybody wanna paint

BUMP ONCE AGAIN SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS NOT TO COME OUT THIS WEEKEND....

SORRY NO HOT CHICKS LOVING YOU THIS YEAR...

update2_miracle1.jpg

<font color="red">IMPORTANT: MIRACLE ON 34TH HAS BEEN CANCELLED

DO NOT PAINT OR YOU'LL BE ARRESTED.</font>

Since we didn't want to cooperate what-so-ever with the police up in gay Gainesville, they have told me that if anyone paints (graffiti) on the wall during Gator Growl then they will be arrested. Therefore, we have decided not to take a chance with the event and have cancelled it. Spread the word since we don't want anyone to go up there thinking that the event is still going to happen, and then they just end up getting arrested for that peace of shit wall.

Sorry, not our fault....

Lateski......

IMPORTANT

well, maybe not that important, but can any of you guys hit me up with an email at Pyro1986@aol.com, i need to get in touch with florida writers for one of my boys... he moved down there and needs people to paint with, ill send you guys flicks of his stuff... i would post one or 2 on the thread, but my photo account ran out, so ill hit em' up on tha email, any responses would be much appeciated... peace, and thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived