Kobe & That Overdosing Lying Slut/CHARGES ARE FILED

mapo returns

Originally posted by MOOGLE?

but you gotta admit sir president has a point......to an extent

just think of how many girls that have been paid off to keep their silence by so many other atheletes..

Are you saying this only happens with black atheletes? come on now.

Ignorance gets the hammer.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by mapo returns

thats straight fucked up.

she doesnt deserve that.

why does everyone accuse her of lying? nobody has any evidence of what went down. the prosecutor does, and after reviewing the evidence he came to the conclusion that he could prove beyond a reasonable doubt. kobe will get his day in court.

most people say shit like 'kobe wouldnt do that'. how the fuck do you know? you dont fucking know him! you know his public image. most of the time a public image is straight bullshit made for marketing purposes and doesnt reflect on their life behind closed doors. companies like sprite, nike, like its endorsers to have clean-cut nice guy image. on the other hand, if kobe were a rapper signed to death row, they would project him as a thug off the street. the endorsing personality is like a clean piece of paper..and death row records would take it and paint a picture of 'thug'. while pepsi and nike would paint a picture of 'mr. smiley'. in the basketball world, kobe is boy-next-door and allen iverson is the tough guy thug. if this was iverson being accused you'd say he probably did it. because you believe the hype and the marketing machine. its all bullshit. dont buy into it. dont be a fuckin sheep.

is it the way he dribbles a basketball, or is it the way he smiles in his sprite and mcdonalds commercials that make you think he wouldnt do it?

everyone said 'oh how fucking beautiful hes wearing his daughters hospital bracelet during a game. what a family man'. yeah kobe is more like a families man. according to reports kobe had just met the girl and already summoned her up to his room within an hour. that tells me this is protocol in his life. she didnt even seduce his ass.

i would bet it went down like this. kobe sees girl. kobe has sexual desire for girl. kobe summons girl to room. girl is impressed because kobe is basketball player. things start to get hot. girl undresses. kobe undresses.

as for what happened next. i dont know. if the girl at anytime said to stop, even if they had already been bangin for 10 minutes..if kobe goes in her one more time that is rape. maybe that happened. nobody knows except those two, so dont pretend like you do.

the girl isnt even going after money, unlike the boy in the jackson case.

girls already go through enough shit when they report a rape, thats why alot of rapes go unreported. and its a damn shame. she doesnt deserve this.

its true yknow

Originally posted by nomadawhat

ESPN Story

The Register quoted legal experts as saying the news of the overdose will be a major advantage for Bryant's defense team.

"This is powerful evidence and the answer to the defense's prayers," Robert Pugsley, a criminal law professor at Southwestern University School of Law in Los Angeles, said. Pugsley added that this kind of evidence, if exploited by the defense, could be enough to shut down the case before it reaches trial.

"[Defense attorneys are] looking for a way to demonstrate that this woman is hysterical and over-reactive," Pugsley said. "This is literally dynamite evidence, a bonanza for the defense and a landmine for prosecution."

Fox Sports story, written by a lawyer.

The “big news” Sunday was that Kobe Bryant’s accuser overdosed — perhaps intentionally — on some kind of pills two months before her encounter with Bryant. But big news is all it is — I believe it’s irrelevant to Bryant’s sexual assault charge and therefore inadmissible evidence.

A piece of evidence is legally relevant if it makes a fact that’s at issue in the case more or less likely. There are only two ways the reported overdose could be relevant.

First, it arguably could be used to show that Bryant's accuser is lying about whether the sex was consensual. But the fact that a woman overdosed when she found out her boyfriend was dating someone else — which is what apparently happened here — doesn’t mean she’s a liar. It just means she was extremely bummed out.

Second, this evidence arguably could show that on the fateful night, the woman was unable to accurately perceive or remember what happened, so her testimony should not be believed. But the fact that she was under the influence of a drug two months beforehand tells us nothing about whether she was under the influence on the night of June 30.

There has been no allegation — at least so far — that this woman has a pattern of drug abuse. If such evidence existed, it would be relevant and admissible to show her mind was affected on June 30, but one event — particularly in response to the unusual circumstance of discovering your boyfriend is no longer your boyfriend — is not a valid basis to believe that she was under the influence of a drug two months later. We don’t even know if this is the type of drug that affected her ability to perceive or remember her experiences.

So if the defense wants to establish that she was on drugs that night, they’ll need specific evidence relating to that night.

.. snip ..

The only way the overdose would be relevant to the young woman’s account would be if it gave the jury a reason to believe that her description of what she and Bryant actually said and did on June 30 was inaccurate. And overdosing on pills two months earlier because her boyfriend left her simply doesn’t do that.

There is another reason to believe the trial judge in Colorado — whoever he or she turns out to be — will rule the overdose evidence inadmissible. (Given that it appears almost everyone in her town knows her or knows of her, I think a change of venue to another town in Colorado is very likely.)

Under Colorado’s rape shield law, evidence of a victim’s sexual conduct with anyone besides the defendant is presumed to be inadmissible. If the defense wants to introduce such evidence, it has to make a motion for a hearing before the judge (but not the jury) where the defense can try to convince the judge that there is something special about the victim’s sexual conduct with someone else that makes it relevant to the alleged sexual assault.

Only if the judge finds that the presumption against admissibility of this type of evidence has been overcome by the particular relevance of the accuser’s past sexual conduct will the judge allow the jury to hear about it. And that still won’t make the rest of her sexual experiences admissible.

Now I realize that overdosing on pills isn’t sexual conduct at all, and that the rape shield law doesn’t actually apply here. But what the rape shield law tells us is that a judge in Colorado will be very solicitous of the privacy of the accused, and will allow embarrassing details about her past to be put before the jury only if the judge finds — after scrutinizing them very carefully — that they really are relevant to the alleged rape.

So when the defense tries to get the overdose into evidence — and you can be sure they’ll try their hardest — don’t expect the judge to reply: “Sure, no problem.”

But even if the judge keeps this evidence out, there is still a real possibility that Bryant’s lawyers will be able to argue successfully to the jury that there was a sexual misunderstanding between Bryant and his accuser — that she thought she had made it clear to Bryant that he should go no further, but that a reasonable man in his position would not have understood that she wanted him to stop ...

Originally posted by mapo returns

thats straight fucked up.

she doesnt deserve that.

why does everyone accuse her of lying? nobody has any evidence of what went down. the prosecutor does, and after reviewing the evidence he came to the conclusion that he could prove beyond a reasonable doubt. kobe will get his day in court.

most people say shit like 'kobe wouldnt do that'. how the fuck do you know? you dont fucking know him! you know his public image. most of the time a public image is straight bullshit made for marketing purposes and doesnt reflect on their life behind closed doors. companies like sprite, nike, like its endorsers to have clean-cut nice guy image. on the other hand, if kobe were a rapper signed to death row, they would project him as a thug off the street. the endorsing personality is like a clean piece of paper..and death row records would take it and paint a picture of 'thug'. while pepsi and nike would paint a picture of 'mr. smiley'. in the basketball world, kobe is boy-next-door and allen iverson is the tough guy thug. if this was iverson being accused you'd say he probably did it. because you believe the hype and the marketing machine. its all bullshit. dont buy into it. dont be a fuckin sheep.

is it the way he dribbles a basketball, or is it the way he smiles in his sprite and mcdonalds commercials that make you think he wouldnt do it?

everyone said 'oh how fucking beautiful hes wearing his daughters hospital bracelet during a game. what a family man'. yeah kobe is more like a families man. according to reports kobe had just met the girl and already summoned her up to his room within an hour. that tells me this is protocol in his life. she didnt even seduce his ass.

i would bet it went down like this. kobe sees girl. kobe has sexual desire for girl. kobe summons girl to room. girl is impressed because kobe is basketball player. things start to get hot. girl undresses. kobe undresses.

as for what happened next. i dont know. if the girl at anytime said to stop, even if they had already been bangin for 10 minutes..if kobe goes in her one more time that is rape. maybe that happened. nobody knows except those two, so dont pretend like you do.

the girl isnt even going after money, unlike the boy in the jackson case.

girls already go through enough shit when they report a rape, thats why alot of rapes go unreported. and its a damn shame. she doesnt deserve this.

the man has a point, a few of them...

i was at my bosses house watching wrestling on the tv and some people had signs up that said "free KOBE" or KOBE'S innocent" i was like WTF? i dont watch the news its too depressing so i had no clue. 12 oz news forum got all that cleared up.:king: but seriously hes not even in jail yet, wtf?

PMB.. good read, i don't think it should have anything to do with the case, but isn't that what some lawyers get payed for, to flip the script and get the jurors to think in ways they may not usually? you study law , right? so you know much more about the technicatlites(i hope) than i do.

I am not taking sides in this, i don't know either of the involed parties, who knows what happened, there is still alot to be revealed. but Mapo, maybe she is doing it for money...maybe not off the bat or directly, but this type of press in today's society will lead to all kinds of opportunities to capitalize on, regaurdless of the verdict. maybe...

kobe has already lied to the public and his wife, he didn't admit too the adultery until he was forced...this makes me go hmmm..and question if he's doing it again.. but maybe he told his wife...

Even though i think its silly for someone to hold up a kobe's innocent sign, hey its true, innocent until proven guilty. but its just stupid to hold up or wear a free kobe shirt/sign... fool will not see the inside of a jail.

blah..bah...i don't get on 12oz wasted hardly ever..sorry if i'm rambling...

shaq is the man...

the guy is talented, but damn the people who think he's the next jordan, the man has a 7-2 360 pound monster...imagine this shaq with the old jordan or even better my boy t-mac with shaq....but whatever that bitch is flaw she could of ran out of the room and i dont believe he locked the door and forced him self on her....they need to send malone to jail instead.

Guest KING BLING

Re: shaq is the man...

Originally posted by king kong

the guy is talented, but damn the people who think he's the next jordan, the man has a 7-2 360 pound monster...imagine this shaq with the old jordan or even better my boy t-mac with shaq....but whatever that bitch is flaw she could of ran out of the room and i dont believe he locked the door and forced him self on her....they need to send malone to jail instead.

shhhhhh, no need to prove that you're dim

i heard of a million dollar ring...but 4 million damn

thats more then rediculous...

i usually dont give a rats ass about starving countries and homeless bums but damn that could of helped alot of people and make his reputation a little better if he donated that instead of looking like a dog trying to get back in to the house.

Matt Drudge reports on his radio show that Kobe Bryant case involves anal sex

http://sportsbybrooks.com/mattdrudge.html

LOS ANGELES - Sunday night Matt Drudge reported on his nationally syndicated radio show (heard at 7:15 p.m. Pacific time on KFI-AM in Los Angeles) the most provocative "dirty sex details" of the Kobe Bryant sexual assualt case so far.

Excerpt: "I've decided to reveal some of the dirty sex details of the case. I have been told it's anal sex. ... My sources have been telling me.

"That's why it's going to be controversial when it goes to trial. It's what is causing people a lot of uncomfortable feelings.

"Some of the details (of the case) are explosive. Dateline (NBC) had some of this information and decided not to air it. ... This speculation is quite solid from where I sit."

Drudge's revelation is nothing new to people frequenting message boards and newsgroups on the internet - but it does mark the first time someone has reported it (anal sex) via a mainstream media outlet.

Apparently the pictures everyone's been posting aren't of the accuser.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/US/GMA0...identified.html

http://a.abcnews.com/media/GMA/images/abc_gma_lovell_030730_nh.jpg'>

Katie Lovell says her picture ended up on dozens of Web sites that were falsely identifying her as Kobe Bryant's accuser.

The Wrong Girl’

Teen Feels ‘Violated’ After Being Wrongly ID’d as Kobe Bryant’s Accuser

July 30— After news broke that basketball star Kobe Bryant had been accused of rape, Katie Lovell found herself in the spotlight, depicted as the accuser. There was just one problem: they had the wrong girl.

The 18-year-old, who graduated this spring with honors from a Colorado high school, found out from a friend two weeks ago that her photo had been posted on numerous Web sites that were misidentifying her as Bryant's accuser.

Chat room users on the sites were calling her obscene names, and some sites showed bogus images in which her face was superimposed over another body, and doctored images depicted her in sexual positions with Bryant. Some sites asked users to rate Lovell's looks on a scale of one to 10.

"I was really upset by the whole situation," Lovell said on ABCNEWS' Good Morning America. "Like many other girls my age, I am self-conscious about myself. Going on Web sites and seeing hundreds of people rate my pictures one through 10 magnified that by 10," she said.

Lovell says she wants to get the message out to Web sites that have inaccurately posted her picture and wrongly indicated she is the alleged victim.

"I want to say, take my pictures off. You've got the wrong girl," Lovell said.

Hoping It Would Go Away

Lovell's mother, Beth Matthews, is equally upset. "I was furious," Mattews said. "I'm a helpless mother and my daughter is smeared all over the Internet," she said.

Lovell said her family initially thought her photo was only on one Web site describing her as Bryant's accuser, so they shrugged it off. Both Lovell and the actual accuser are blondes who are close in age and attended Eagle County High School in a small town of just 3,700 people.

"It didn't really hit me that hard, just because it was one site," Lovell said. "So I thought, you know, we live in the same town so maybe people just mix up the girls or whatever. But, after a couple of days it wasn't just on one site anymore," Lovell said.

The identity of the real Bryant accuser has not been released by most news organizations, including ABCNEWS, because they do not generally identify accusers in sexual assault cases.

But interest in the accuser is high, and there has been rampant speculation about her on some Web sites.

Lovell said it took just a few days for her picture to spread to dozens of other sites.

Bryant is accused of raping a 19-year-old Eagle woman on June 30 at the hotel where the woman worked. Bryant, who is married and the father of a young child, has denied the charge, saying he is guilty only of adultery.

Considering Action Against the Web Sites

Lovell, a former prom queen who made excellent grades in school and was active in community service and sports, found herself being labeled a whore by people who never even met her. One of her prom pictures appeared on several Internet sites with nasty comments posted around it.

Lovell's mother wrote e-mails to the various Web sites, saying that she is the young woman's mother and that they had the wrong person. Though most took Lovell's name and photo down, and some even explained the mistake online, others refused. Matthews has since hired an attorney.

"This is a travesty," said attorney Sienna LaRene. "She was violated in the worst ways," she said.

LaRene said she continuing to investigate the case, but on the face of it, she says it looks as if the Web sites were negligent. If so, the family may pursue legal options.

Lawsuits on material sent over the Internet is new legal territory, and few cases have made it to judgment. But LaRene says she is determined to try to get Lovell's case heard.

"In this country, America, where there's a wrong, there's a remedy," LaRene said. "If the remedy doesn't exist in law now, it will be created because in this country, we find remedies for wrong."

Archived