motorcycles

WISE

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Put me on the list of people who might be getting bikes this summer... and as mentioned, it'll either be the Suzuki SV-650, or a Yamaha V-Star 650 (my dad's ride and the one I'm currently taking out for spins regularly). I'm leaning to the Yamaha cause I will probably want to deck it out like crazy, and cruisers are just a much more comfortable ride.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by SteveAustin

2004 Honda 599.

$7100 MSRP and has a seat height of 31.1".

thanks for all the info, but i think that one is a bit above my price range! i'm looking for something that i won't cry about when i drop it!!

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Holy crap uberhotpantz...you're not playing around.

What size is it?

I was just thinking about motorcycles the other day. It looks like I might get out of my little problem cheaper than I anticipated...so I'll have some cash burning a 180 mph hole in my pocket.

Oh yeah...congratsi...now go buy some good gloves and a helmet. If I see you riding in shorts and flip flops...I personally will kick it over.

it's a 750 and i'm going to get it lowered. the bike was only $1000 from a friend so that's why i ended up with this one. it's a 95 and seemed like a good deal.

i'll be going around the block many times before anywhere else.

it's only $24 a month insure vs the $170 for my car....

i took the driver safety course and i'm not an idiot. helmet, long pants and long sleeved shirt for me. thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Mr. Wet Blanket

I love motorcycles and I always have. In 1963-64 when I was learning how to ride, traffic was a great deal less crowded, but the real difference was the attitude of the automobile drivers. They were a shitload more concerned about not killing anybody on a motorcycle than people are today. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe it's the prevalent "Me first, fuck everybody else" attitude that most people have today, I don't know.

Traffic is a whole lot denser, and most people on their way to work or whatever could not possibly care less if you get killed, just so long as they are not delayed for ten seconds in their oh-so-important commute to their office. They drive like insane people.

One reason I stopped riding my Harley to work is that I came VER-R-Y close to getting killed by some idiot kid in a Honda Civic. What really scared me is that I completely lost my temper, chased the kid through traffic and caught him at a red light, and then came within a fraction of dragging his ass out through the window of that fucking Civic and beating his ass to death.

I sort of came to my senses just as I was about to commence beating the shit out of him, and thought "What the fuck are you doing? This kid can't be a day over sixteen years old, he's just another dumb sixteen-year-old with lousy judgement. WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE?"

I turned loose of the kid (he was fucking terrified, and I can't say as I blame him) and snarled "WATCH YOUR DRIVING, NUMB NUTS." But I was more angry at myself than at him. I put myself in that position. The kid was a poor driver, but my judgement was even worse than his.

So, when I started nursing school, I mothballed the scooter.

Ube: What is that ? Looks from the pic to be a older model GSX-R ? Long pants and a long shirt isnt going to save you, or your skin. I ride with a Dainese leather jacket all the time im on my bike. My skin is worth a lot to me. I ride in denims all the time too. I was going to buy a summer jacket, but summer has just finished here, so ill wait till next season.

Im actually looking to sell my bike in the next week or two, looking into ethier buying a 02-03 Honda CBR600RR, or a Suzuki GSX-R750. Not 100% though yet. Ill just test ride a few, see what i find more comfrotable. I have ridden a Yamaha R1 for a test, i didnt like it too much.

krie it's a 1995 GSX-R.

steve austin, it has about 20K miles on it.

after trying to use this bike i have decided that it is much too big for me. i'm going to let the boy keep using it, since he's much taller, stronger and experienced. sooo i'm back to square one and need to find a smaller one.

Archived