bust it or dust it?

remk

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Scrabble

perhaps you should explore other fields in vandalism

window breaking and crop circles are hot this summer. Keep your options open.

relax im just playing with you.

Thats the funniest thing iv'e heard al day.

I agree.. the k in the sketch does look "busted". I'm working on that.

Can anyone be a little more constructive with their criticism? I didn't post this shit up here to get mindlessly dissed... I want the suggestions and opinions of other writers so that I can learn.

Is the tag too cliche? Are the letters noncomplimentary? Do they not flow right? Is it too simple.. etc.

with the hand, i cant hlep you... jst look at mad hands and see hwo they are and what makes one good or bad. Then try ya own, be creative, think of lots of different stuff until somethin flicks, off one letter you like, base your other letters so it flows nice and the letters have the flow to em.

for the piece thing, go simpleier and without all the weird jaggy shit and the way you connect letters and extra stuff, go to seperate, simple letters and then after you get that down of how they are put them in ya own style, maybe the one you showed... and get them to flow nicely and look good. Then put some 3D or shadow on and practice more until you get better

yea, i aint the best out there really (look at my post to see some stuff ive done), but I tried givin ya better criticism... take it or leave it, jsut my 2 cents, peace.

man i dunno.. i would like to just say stop because i think too many people are trying to get into graffiti without having the criminal mind..

im not pointing fingers, but people without criminal minds dont need to be into graffiti.. graffiti in my eyes is an illegal art form.. you have the letter structure that shows the base of someones imagination, then you have the fills that are either ana dded bonus or tells a lot about someones imagination..

and when you see these letters that have weird ass shit on them...

take the R for example on your..outline.. the left part of the R has that random bar sticking out and kinking... now, where it first comes off the basic part of the R its not the same width as when it bends, but it doesnt bend.. it just has a sudden change in direction, and then the other side of the same bar has that rigged kink, like someone took a triangle stencil and drew around it.. it looks like shit when people do that..

this isnt supposed to be mindlessly dissing or whatever, i mean i use to do the same shit.. just do bar letters, and at the same time talk to some writers who are nice enough to let you in on the graffiti writers frame of mind as far as going out and getting up goes.. unless you just want to doodle in your book forever.. there is a lot to learn, buddy, i recomend starting over and while working on your letters talk to someone who knows whats goin down outside of your pencil and black book.. thats basically what i did... and if you dont want slop shit, go get some paint and practice on shitty plywood.. and try as much as you can to cut clean lines.. in my opinion plywood is the shittiest surface ever, or old fence surface... but if you get good control on those surfaces, you should do better on metal and walls... just dont go out and get up on trains unless you know whats goin on, the last thing we need is a heated out spot due to someone who thinks graffiti is cool.

hope that wasnt too long or harsh or lame.. ;o) goodluck buddy:crazy: :p :p

tales? not the ugliest shit ive ever seen, but not the prettiest either.. i kind of like that weird coloring shit that you did on the first one but it looks like water colors that bled through... meh whatever i think that would make a pretty rockin fill...

but it looks like you tried to make all your letters have some wierd shit sticking out the top of them haha.. but whatever

and the latest one is kind of weird, all i see is t, a and l..

fucking new people always trying to make shit look cool... :heated:

but youre probably starting out with a more attractive style then i started out with.. you may see some good ass writers with bars and shit, but it all goes with style.. you cant pick up paper and pencil and start doing some nice arrows and extra bars, you HAVE to learn that shit first.

maybe im being an asshole, but im warmed up from my last post...

just understand styles more, and keep trying... dont paint the shit youre drawing quite yet, get a little more background info on what it is youre doing..

yea what shor said or read what my psot says also...

but like scrabble said ya simple tales on the top of the wirnkled paper one, it looks alright, stick with simple stuff like that and simple straight letters and get the feel for shit, thena dd ya own style and flow to it, it takes steps to get better... trust me, i know i aint the greatest but you gotta start easy and work your way up.

yeah, all you noobies out there listen when people say go simpler.. it really starts to have an annoying ring to hear it so much.. but i SWEAR TO GOD you will NEVER learn letter structure by trying to do cool shit... you will just get hated on bad, then youll change your name and still have that same weak ass toy style, and then it will be one big cycle.. and by the time you understand anyhting, its too late... youve either gotten your ass beat to where you dont want anything to do with graffiti, or you'll have lost interest... or maybe even just too fuckin old..

--Edit

fucking cant find that picture that dork did... with the hand then the progress of going crazy and shit not... i think its a good example on how to progress... anyone mind posting it??

Originally posted by UnknownTale

shor i hope you werent talking to me

:mad:

not directly, and im not saying the whole toy style thing about you.. just some people in general

but you need a mentor.. dont take this offensively, just take a few steps back, its not good to jump ahead of yourself and see people say its good... they could have been comparing it to the worst one you posted. you know what patronizing someone means?? maybe they are doing that, dont think youre good, dont ever think youre good until you can pull shit off like dream or bates... then be as cocky as you want.

I'm gonna through in my two cents, as I continue to get trashed. I am not the greatest, I've got a lot to learn, and only 2 years under my belt. But, I can say that handstyles will change over time. The REMK hand seems a little basic like you said Remk, but as time goes on you will find new ways to alter it. Like others have said, study handstyles. The tag is an art all its own in my opinion. Certain characteristics are used by many, but eventually you will discover your own. Recently i have been putting two lines that look like eyes in the final S in STYLUS. Mediums of your tag will take their effect on your style, (this is all my opinion, some people will find what they like and never alter it for their entire writing career). For example, making your own marker that drips like mad, you might discover that bending a few letters different ways will hit up drips that look real nice. Another example, dropping a tag next to a piece, you might be going for that handstyle that just says to other writers "that was me motherfuckers, i did that". I don't know, its all up to you. don't beat yourself up if your hand looks typical, - bending it, dots, arrows, extra lines, halos, may all find their way into it as you get older. As for the piece, all i can say like everyone else said, start really simple with bar letters. Give yourself a blank cavas like that, so you can find where you like to bend, connect, and add to the letters. I am drunker now than when i started typing this post - :krunk:

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by shor

man i dunno.. i would like to just say stop because i think too many people are trying to get into graffiti without having the criminal mind..

im not pointing fingers, but people without criminal minds dont need to be into graffiti.. graffiti in my eyes is an illegal art form.. you have the letter structure that shows the base of someones imagination, then you have the fills that are either ana dded bonus or tells a lot about someones imagination..

and when you see these letters that have weird ass shit on them...

take the R for example on your..outline.. the left part of the R has that random bar sticking out and kinking... now, where it first comes off the basic part of the R its not the same width as when it bends, but it doesnt bend.. it just has a sudden change in direction, and then the other side of the same bar has that rigged kink, like someone took a triangle stencil and drew around it.. it looks like shit when people do that..

this isnt supposed to be mindlessly dissing or whatever, i mean i use to do the same shit.. just do bar letters, and at the same time talk to some writers who are nice enough to let you in on the graffiti writers frame of mind as far as going out and getting up goes.. unless you just want to doodle in your book forever.. there is a lot to learn, buddy, i recomend starting over and while working on your letters talk to someone who knows whats goin down outside of your pencil and black book.. thats basically what i did... and if you dont want slop shit, go get some paint and practice on shitty plywood.. and try as much as you can to cut clean lines.. in my opinion plywood is the shittiest surface ever, or old fence surface... but if you get good control on those surfaces, you should do better on metal and walls... just dont go out and get up on trains unless you know whats goin on, the last thing we need is a heated out spot due to someone who thinks graffiti is cool.

hope that wasnt too long or harsh or lame.. ;o) goodluck buddy:crazy: :p :p

buddy, you're a toy who should start over...