*SFBayArea Tags Only*

tpek

• 3 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remembrance of things past

Cheesy bathroom tags and 'dope styles' are all part of our history. They both influence us. Many 'dope styles' from well publicized writers are contrived and over done. As a Bay Area local I relish the shitty tag on a bus, van or wall, simply for the act of vandalism. Every time someone writes on something they say "Fuck your property, I am here". This thread is about the vandals, good and bad that we all love or love to hate.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

Re: Bitch, Bitch

Originally posted by tpek

DotTkBattle.jpg</p>

HAHAHA fuckin rock shit

i hate when people hate on the one flows....they look fucking mean and destructive, fuck that pretty shit

this thread is dope.

i like those old setup tags. his new unite inspired ones are pretty fresh as well.

got any unite flicks? boss scribes.

twist and alert scarily influential writers. graffiti definately could be split into a post twist era as far as tagging goes.

good shit

-jerk182

i'm liking this thread... both "downtown" style and "bushopper". i feel that both these styles are extremely influential in SF. most writers should have 2 tag styles, one to hit on bus panels and one for the street. people hate on flow tags, because 75% of bushoppers are toys. but i still appreciate the destruction. i still miss the old muni, but every once in a while you get on a bus that has stained panels and rocked windows. if people took the time to look at real good flow shit, they'd appreciate it more. there are some people that have great flow shit that they spent years perfecting, but most of the stuff you see on muni is kinda wack. people need to stop being pussies about rocking panels, the cameras only serve as evidence, so just don't get caught. if you think about it, it's still easy to kill muni...

-a tip for anyone rocking muni, don't hit the new grey buses, they've got people watching the cameras. my friend hit a panel on one, and then like 15 min. later, the bus stops and some cops get on and arrest him. when he asked how they knew he hit up, they said that they saw him through the camera.

Re: ahh, history...

Originally posted by shai hulud

i just have a bias againt the whole bushopper/one flow thing since i had it shoved down my throat for years. 90% of what i remember seeing on muni was uneven, unreadable crap- every now and then one dude would come correct but they would just inspire garbage from ten imitators.

what are you doing posting on this thread anyway? You ain't from the fo'-one-five. go back to the east bay thread. Watch what you say about bus hoppers- that shits dangerous!:dazed: Coma is kinging muni right now. Bump to this thread

anyone have any JOLT (kmh) tags from around '98 and on? him and grey used to get up together.. dude is SOOOO slept on. (not jolt 168 from denver)

i was in the bay area around '99 and i saw kraft up with a black mop a little bit.

also- does anyone remember 2FACE? he was there around 95ish, was down with twist, kr, sope (rip) etc... totally slept on as well

Originally posted by Jerk182

this thread is dope.

i like those old setup tags. his new unite inspired ones are pretty fresh as well.

twist and alert scarily influential writers. graffiti definately could be split into a post twist era as far as tagging goes.

good shit

-jerk182

You mean as far as frisco is concerned??

yeaah boyy... bst is crushin muni right now. fuckin etch shots on those old 14's! that fool lafer and phine have that flow shit locked...

jolt and kraft are definetly slept on... jolt had some really nice simple pieces, i don't think any are still runnin though. and kraft still has hella shots runnin, even though he got wrapped a while back.i remember seeing hella his throws on trucks and walls downtown a couple years ago. keep this thread alive, keep the pics coming... if it wasn't so hard to post flix (and if i figure out how to use my scanner), i'd post my collection.

Re: Re: ahh, history...

Originally posted by pirate

what are you doing posting on this thread anyway? You ain't from the fo'-one-five. go back to the east bay thread. Watch what you say about bus hoppers- that shits dangerous!:dazed: Coma is kinging muni right now. Bump to this thread

hey, coma, how long have you been around for? i'm not scared of bushoppers or sf- they're both about as dangerous as disneyland. try walking routes at 3 am on international or san pablo and then i'll respect you. and, i was born at children's hospital in the richmond- i've got native status and shit talking rights come with that. and since i pay rent and don't live at home with my mom, all i can afford is the east bay- and i feel blessed. i've been staying in sf for the past two weeks and 99 % of the fools i meet are like you- all front and flash and no substance. and, this isn't exclusively sf tags either, last i checked, so chiiiilllll.....

Guest -MOE LESTER-
Originally posted by diepig

-a tip for anyone rocking muni, don't hit the new grey buses, they've got people watching the cameras. my friend hit a panel on one, and then like 15 min. later, the bus stops and some cops get on and arrest him. when he asked how they knew he hit up, they said that they saw him through the camera.

i seen a grey 38 get stopped by a few narcs and tehy stormed the bus...but just do your damage and get off......muni is still pretty easy to rock...its just more of wether these kids wanna spend the time hoppin from bus to bus to bus when you can just be chilling

Guest -MOE LESTER-

if it wasn't so hard to post flix (and if i figure out how to use my scanner), i'd post my collection.

it aint that hard man...all you need is a photohost...scanning is fucking easy...just scan...then edit the picture size..then load into photohost..then put on here

Originally posted by -MOE LESTER-

i seen a grey 38 get stopped by a few narcs and tehy stormed the bus...but just do your damage and get off......muni is still pretty easy to rock...its just more of wether these kids wanna spend the time hoppin from bus to bus to bus when you can just be chilling

damn mother fucker where was this at?

i gotta stop getting up on muni shit is hot

don't worry about hitting up on the normal muni busses with cameras, they only use the cameras so they can compile evidence against you if you get caught. if you're gonna hit the new grey busses, hit em right before you get off...

also, don't fuck around with BART, i knew a cat who scribed a train that had cameras, and like a year later they busted into his school and arrested him, plus they raided his house. the funniest part of the story is that the kid didn't really write anymore, but they eventually caught up to him. damn, BART doesn't fuck around...

no bueno....

don't worry about hitting up on the normal muni busses with cameras, they only use the cameras so they can compile evidence against you if you get caught. if you're gonna hit the new grey busses, hit em right before you get off...

also, don't fuck around with BART, i knew a cat who scribed a train that had cameras, and like a year later they busted into his school and arrested him, plus they raided his house. the funniest part of the story is that the kid didn't really write anymore, but they eventually caught up to him. damn, BART doesn't fuck around...

BART is insanely hot- just ask KUK. actually, i don't even want to discuss that. forget i said anything.

ZEROXNSTNYC quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Jerk182

this thread is dope.

good shit

-jerk182

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iginally posted by ZEROXNSTNYC [/i]

You mean as far as frisco is concerned??

the bay and the rest of the country as well i would say. twist came out right about when magazines really started blowing up as well as the freight scene. shit got spread around. remember magazines that would run all pieces and along all the full color shit there would be 1 crispy twist tag. thats how standout and dope that shit was. hadnt seen much like it before him. all the calligraphy and sign painting references tossed into a real clean basic nyc tag style can still be seen im most the tags you see today.

-jerk182

Archived