Infamous sporting moments

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Mr. ABC

[b [b]switch (for those that don't know.....backwards basically) [/b][/b]

no, nollie is rolling forward and popping your tricks off the nose instead of the tail. switch is the opposite to your natural stance

maybe it's just me, but 'backwards' (as in your first post) means the opposite to forwards.

i.e nollie if your in natural stance, or fakie if youre in switch stance.

i spent my rent.

Originally posted by avils

maybe it's just me, but 'backwards' (as in your first post) means the opposite to forwards.

i.e nollie if your in natural stance, or fakie if youre in switch stance.

i spent my rent.

i was trying to put it in lamans terms for the unenlightened.

here's the breakdown:

nollie-you are going forwad, but pop your trick off the nose of the board.

fakie-you're rolling backwards and pop your tricks off the tail of the board

switch-you're rolling backwards, and are doing your tricks the opposite to your natural stance, for example:

switch kickflip: you're rolling backwards, you pop off the nose (which when rolling switch should be at the back) and flip the board with your front foot.

i hope that was oxford enough for yis

i was trying to put it in lamans terms for the unenlightened.

here's the breakdown:

nollie-you are going forwad, but pop your trick off the nose of the board.

fakie-you're rolling backwards and pop your tricks off the tail of the board

switch-you're rolling backwards, and are doing your tricks the opposite to your natural stance, for example:

switch kickflip: you're rolling backwards, you pop off the nose (which when rolling switch should be at the back) and flip the board with your front foot.

i hope that was oxford enough for yis

i dont get why you have to be rolling backwards and popping tricks off the nose... i skate switch off the tail all the time.

could it just be defined as - skating forwards (off the tail) but youre on the opposite side i.e right side instead of left, with your normal stance front foot now kicking the tail ?

:o

ABC is right.....

simply put lets say you skate reg. (right foot on tail)

a nollie would be the opposite of the ollie....instead of jumping (popping the tail with your right foot)) you would pop the nose with your left foot.

its the name of the trick...just like ollie, kick flip etc....just the name...

god damn I want to buy a board again so bad.

i dont get why you have to be rolling backwards and popping tricks off the nose... i skate switch off the tail all the time.

could it just be defined as - skating forwards (off the tail) but youre on the opposite side i.e right side instead of left, with your normal stance front foot now kicking the tail ?

:o

well, you could be skating switch and have the board the correct way around, but i've noticed most people will roll with the tail to the front cos it feels more comfortable

Originally posted by yoink

ABC is right.....

simply put lets say you skate reg. (right foot on tail)

a nollie would be the opposite of the ollie....instead of jumping (popping the tail with your right foot)) you would pop the nose with your left foot.

its the name of the trick...just like ollie, kick flip etc....just the name...

god damn I want to buy a board again so bad.

umm we're talking about 'switch' not 'nollie'. and uh nollie is used to describe any trick done in that stance...

am i the only one who understands the difference between nollie and switchstance ???

When Canada beat America in both men's and women's hockey in 2002(I think 2002) seeing Wayne Gretzky yell "fuck Ya" was pretty funny, Ross Rebliati for having his Medal taken away for smoking marijuana. Canadian figure skaters coming in second when French judge scored them low.........but it's just figure skating so who cares

umm we're talking about 'switch' not 'nollie'. and uh nollie is used to describe any trick done in that stance...

am i the only one who understands the difference between nollie and switchstance ???

well exsqueeze me for reading into the convo wrong...I didnt realize the concept of skating with your weak foot was such a toughie...;)

http://www.yazoocity.k12.ms.us/highschool/USHistory/classqt.gif'>

ill leave it at that.

Originally posted by yoink

well exsqueeze me for reading into the convo wrong...I didnt realize the concept of skating with your weak foot was such a toughie...;)

[

the concept is tough, but the practical side is fucking easy...cept maybe for those switch big spin tre flips ;)

Re: Who could forget the infamous "Hand of God".....

FUCK him.

. JETS WIN SUPER BOWL III, 1969

“I guarantee it,” said Broadway Joe.

2. METS WIN WORLD SERIES, 1969

Seven years from worst to champs: As Shea Stadium went wild, the ghosts of the Polo Grounds at Coogan’s Bluff silently cheered.

3. WILLIS REED LIMPS OUT FOR THE SEVENTH GAME, 1970

The ultimate warrior moment wins Knicks their first championship.

4. ALI-FRAZIER I, AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, 1971

The toughest ticket in New York sports history. Ali tried to tell everyone he won, but the Mouth did not roar. Smokin’ Joe almost had him out in the eleventh.

5. SECRETARIAT WINS TRIPLE CROWN, 1973

Even in the mile-and-a-half Belmont, 31 lengths is a lot. Then again, Affirmed vs. Alydar in 1978 wasn’t too shabby, either.

6. REGGIE JACKSON IN GAME SIX OF THE WORLD SERIES, 1977

Three swings, three homers: “When nobody was looking, I applauded in my glove,” said Dodger Steve Garvey.

7. METS–RED SOX WORLD SERIES, GAME SIX, 1986

Hey, Bill, it’s behind you.

8. GIANTS WIN SUPER BOWL XXI, 1987

Parcells, LT, Simms, Banks, etc.: New York’s greatest football team?

9. “THE DUNK”: STARKS OVER JORDAN, PLAYOFFS, 1993

Even better in the replay.

10. RANGERS WIN STANLEY CUP, 1994

No more “1940 . . . 1940 . . . ”

11. SUBWAY SERIES, 2000

No, not Benitez! Still, two New York teams in the series is better than one. Way better than none.

Guest imported_Europe

fuck having a whinge about gay ch zero shit.

i can only read so many posts about soccer before i want to smash someones face in anyway. :idea:

Go ollie somewhere else sk8rboi... This is a thread about sports, not hobbies...

Originally posted by S@T@N

Have you forgotten that you're crew? Delete those posts.

yeah, but europe wouldn't delete my posts cos me and him are homeboys and shit. we bro down on the regs yo. word. i hooked a brother up with his own room when he came and stayed with me. we's efil 4 zaggin

Guest imported_Europe

Its all good in the hood ABCeeya.

I could actually be going back to D-town for a semester next year, looking into possibities at the moment.

Lemond on the final stage of the 1989 Tour De France. In second place, he ends up beating the leader by eight seconds and wins the Tour... for the third time. The win is said to be owed to his use of the, then, unconventional aero handlebars and helmet.

• 1 year later...
Guest imported_Europe

Bring in it back with a football bump

Last week, Paulo Diogo's finger with his ring got stuck in a fence during a goal celebration.

Result, no more finger...

1102421772.70294.jpg

Archived