just some stupid shit im going to ask anyways

shor

1) when trains are just sitting there.. chill spot or not.. where exactly do the rail workers go?? do they just get off the train and walk around or go home or what?

well i guess any of my other questions might have answers that would give info that is unwanted to give out.. if anyone has AIM and wouldnt mind me asking some shit about hitting trains let me know.. HowdyBillyBobJoe <--my AIM name..

im just a pussy and dont want to get the shit kicked out of me, or get caught.. so i dont know, if anyone would help me with some questions that'd be cool

noooooo im not a cop!! ive posted some shit ive painted in the metal heads section ;o)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

it all depends where your at, time of day etc. i added you to my aim list, ill holler when you get on, i once had questions like you, only i waited it out and spotted the area for days. eventually i just figured it out and flowed with it,a half year later im invincible in my spot. if you really gonna paint freights, just get in and do it once like anything else. if youre in a big city, or somewhere with senior heads, dont even bother trying to show them you know what your doing, just stay away. your time will come.

Trains and Train Crews

Train movement and periods spent "standing" (not moving) are governed by a lot of different things. If it's a unit train (all one kind of car--like thirty-five grainers, or auto racks) then it might be standing waiting for the customer to make room for delivery. If it's a mixed consist, like some boxcars, some gondolas, some tankers, some lumber cars, etc., then it may be standing because of a traffic tie-up, or damage to the track ahead, or inclement weather (floods, snow, etc.) somewhere up ahead, or because of union rules.

Train crews may only work for twelve hours at a time, or less, unless there's a national emergency or something like that. If we were to be attacked with nuclear weapons, or impacted by a massive epidemic of disease, train crews would be permitted to work longer than the union contract says, but anything short of a disaster, and they must halt the train at the nearest road or yard or siding and stand down. In most states, how long train crews can work is also limited to twelve hours. Any longer, and they have to shut down. (This is called "dying on the law.") This is coordinated through the train control system. The dispatchers are very aware of how many hours each crew has been working--they try not to ever let a crew get stranded out in the middle of Nevada or Utah, etc.

They are met by a crew change van, who either picks them up and takes them to a motel, or brings a relief crew, who takes the place of the original crew, and the fresh crew takes the train on to it's next crew change. Most train crews operate in the same division week in and week out. They mostly do not go way off across the country and stay gone for days at a time.

If the layover is going to be brief (four or five hours) they leave the unit running, to keep pressure up in the brake system and everything operating. It's cheaper than shutting it down and having to re-start, which is a fairly complicated procedure.

IF YOU FIND A TRAIN WITH THE UNIT RUNNING, LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE. Do NOT mess with a running unit, unless you want to go to prison for years and years. Hitting the train cars, sure, no problem. But stay away from the unit. Don't touch any hoses, cut levers, or connections of any kind. Fucking around with the safety of the train constitutes "Interfering with railroad operations." It's a major ass felony, like arson or terrorism. In today's political climate, if you get busted for fucking up railroad equipment the Courts will crucify you. All law enforcement people (especially railroad special agents) are hot to bust somebody (anybody) for terrorism. Don't be stupid.

Keep in mind, if it's a "hot cargo" train (automobiles, merchandise cargo, stacked containers, military cargo, chemicals) most likely the bulls will be all over it. Watch for video surveillance cameras, usually up on high poles in a yard, or mounted on light poles or the corners of buildings. Resist the urge to go under a train if you see bulls or railroad workers. If the train moves you are FUCKED. Don't do it. If you need to cross over the string, climb the ladders, cross over the catwalk, then down the ladders on the other side. Move like a railroad worker. At a distance, they may even mistake you for one of their own guys. Watch the spot. Dress like the guys that work there.

Guest rob deer

round here sometimes the crewchanges take hours to happen and they side track trains on mainlines around the yard. This is good. The longest they sit is about 3 hours though and they always start up with the scheduled start of the day. I figure if they don't notice that you did anything you've gotten over cause it would be hard to prove where the cars were done. yay. and nothing...NOTHING fucks up your spot more than when some knucklehead steals stuff off of engines.

Racking Railroad Gear

I am the last person an EARTH to encourage anybody to fuck around with a train, but there are some things that piss off the railroad guys more than others. For instance, I have had UP train crews throw blue bottles of distilled water to us when we were on foot in Texas. It was summer, it was hot as hell and they felt sorry for us.

Once, up in Montana, in the late spring, when it was wet, cold and rainy, a train crewman gave us a couple of fusees to help us get a fire started. They bring a whole bunch of supplies with them when they come to crew up and train, like a case of bottled water, boxes of fusees, food, their extra work clothes and stuff, etc.

So if you vandalized a train, yeah, it would totally blow up the spot, and you would have the bulls all over you, trying to make arrests to show that they "did something" about the dickhead that fucked up the train.

But if someone racked a couple of fusees out of the fusee locker, but didn't take them all , they might not even notice.

"Leave no trace, do no damage, make no disturbance."

Guest schick1

this is good info! anyone intrested in painting frieght should take notes............I have a nice little spot with four line one goes into a near by yard and the other three are for trains passing by. trains stop there for anywhere inbetween 5 min to 3 hours and the crew usely just chills in the engine some times there walk out on to the cat walk to smoke or whatever but ive never seen them get out and walk the lines, I just make shure when a train rolls in that im out of sight, and when i paint i stay away from the engine and paint cars futher down the line.

yeah thats why i think it depends where your at, where im at, they can be laid up for days at a time, in the main yard, i mean youll hear them blowing the engine horn, and sometimes rolling, but ill get up and check that afternoon and theyll all be in the same place. ive got a spot i call the lucky day, because it doesnt lay up there very often, but when it does its fucking picnic time. its all about just scoping out the entire area, buildings?main streets? trees? escape routes, and all.

• 2 weeks later...

They are met by a crew change van, who either picks them up and takes them to a motel, or brings a relief crew, who takes the place of the original crew, and the fresh crew takes the train on to it's next crew change. Most train crews operate in the same division week in and week out. They mostly do not go way off across the country and stay gone for days at a time

i got a lil chill spot that i've been rocking since 7th grade and every once and awhile a white van would be cruising down this gravel road that takes you to the spot......and i thought the van was r&r cops

If you paint fr8s while their idling on a mainline waiting for a signal, be alert. The train could move at anytime. Watch for workers walking the train checking the brakelines and looking for anything else that could affect the operations of the train. If you know the line and know a train will chill on the mainline for a while just stay out of sight of the engines and do your business.

If its a layup, just watch it, know when their are workers there and when their arent. Theirs a spot around my way that gets about 5 lines of empty autoracks every 3 months. Theirs another that gets a new line of mixed cars every Sat. night. Just learn everything you can about the area and any escape routes.

Watch for people, anyone. Ive seen homeless people, fr8 riders, nosey railfans, and railroad workers all pop out of no where around trains.

Always be aware! Its better to be paranoid than be in jail!

We had an undercover cop with a prostitute at the bench spot here, when we pulled up the car looked empty, but while we were chilling all of sudden 2 people pop up, and the guy gets out and goes to his trunk and pulls out his belt with gun,ammo, and hand cuffs...thats when we left.