THE PICTURES YOU REQUESTED

Smallie Bigs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Smallie Bigs

DOWNTOWN BEVERLY HILLS, COURTESY OF Smart

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/23831/p/390973_2340020671299622230_vl.jpg'>

GOLD'S GYM IN VENICE COURTESY OF Smart... yeah Smart I know you were thinking of the old Gold's Gym with the old WCA production from 1991 ('90??)... but they tore all the walls off and all you can see is the steel skeleton... but that production lasted a good 11-12 years..

well, I was actually looking for a picture of the actual orange juicer machine but... well done with the info I gave you... I remember it was right down the street from a bookstore I had to stop in... I'll try to find their address in my files and then you'll know what the street is... this machine is crazy ass, so, trust me it will make a sweet piece to flick...

And, yep, that was exactly what I was thinking about the Venice Gold's... is that one wall with the huge spraycan 'Starry Night' still up next to the boardwalk?

Re: Re: THE PICTURES YOU REQUESTED

Originally posted by Smart

well, I was actually looking for a picture of the actual orange juicer machine but... well done with the info I gave you... I remember it was right down the street from a bookstore I had to stop in... I'll try to find their address in my files and then you'll know what the street is... this machine is crazy ass, so, trust me it will make a sweet piece to flick...

And, yep, that was exactly what I was thinking about the Venice Gold's... is that one wall with the huge spraycan 'Starry Night' still up next to the boardwalk?

Yep... I was just standing in front of it today eating a slice of pizza.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

Haha a city like L.A. is so fucking huge it doesnt even make sence to me. You could drive around for your whole life and still discover new neighborhoods. I remember i drove across it, seemed like an endless shithole.

Yeah L.A. is spread out. It's really just a mesh of cities that grew and connected with each other... that's why it's so never-endering. There's parts of L.A. that I've never been too and hoods I never seen before and I've lived here all my life... that's why no one walks and you need a car here and freeways exist. To get across this endless urban monster.

Originally posted by .highborn

what exactly are the watts towers? ?? a work of art or something?

Taken from a website:

Located in south Los Angeles, in a community known as Watts, stands a monument to one man's spirit, ingenuity, and determination. Built single-handedly by Simon Rodia over a period of 33 years, the Watts Towers consists of nine major sculptural forms made of steel and covered with mortar embedded with pieces of ceramic tile, pottery shards, sea shells, and broken glass. The tallest tower is nearly 100 feet high and contains the longest slender column of reinforced concrete in the world.

Simon Rodia, also known as Sabato "Sam" Rodia and "Don Simon" by some of his neighbors and visitors, was born in 1879 in the town of Campania in southern Italy. He was sent to America around the age of 12. While growing up in America, Rodia worked in the coal mines of Pennsylvania and eventually moved to the west coast where he married and had two children.

While moving around on the west coast, Rodia worked in rock quarries, logging, and railroad camps as a construction worker. In 1921, he purchased a wedge-shaped plot of land with a house in Watts and began to construct his masterpiece, which he called "Nuestro Pueblo" (meaning "our town").

Without benefit of special equipment, scaffolding, or drawing board designs, Rodia worked alone on his towers using simple tile-setter's tools and a window washer's belt and buckle. From 1921 to 1954, Rodia surrounded his house with three tall sendor towers; a patio; a gazebo containing a circular bench, 3 bird baths, and a spire 38 feet tall; and a structure he called the "Ship of Marco Polo" which has a 28-foot tall spire. All of this is enclosed in walls build by Rodia and decorated with an assortment of embedded objects and materials.

LA is a huge fucking monster of a city.

When I was they we stayed at Sepulveda and Venice

and it took hours to get anywhere. I had to go out to the Ontario Airport

and that took like 3 hours. Plus the city never really broke up. It just

changed names. I really did like the lush valleys to the North of San Benardino (sp).

Now get my picture of that Fredericks Billboard!

Originally posted by Kilo7-

LA is a huge fucking monster of a city.

When I was they we stayed at Sepulveda and Venice

(sp).

HA...thats my hood, ....... but i think for LA its nice and centrally located (beach, downtown, hollywood, airport, etc..) and not hot as fuck like inland and the valley and not all bourgeoied (sp?) out ,i never have to deal w/ too much traffic and long drives but i don't know where the hell you were going to or when ....and you should of flown from lax its only 15 min from there (on a good day).

very cool thread, thats a hell of alot of getting around....

i would like to request.hmmmm....

1. a plate of roscoe's chicken and waffle's w/ syrup!

2.the smog from the getty center....

Guest blame

smallie bigs for president

thanks so much for that man!

i was in la around this time last year and the 0.001pc i saw of it was awesome, its by far the best place i have ever been in my entire life the culture, the people, the endless things to do,unpredictibility, all the elements of suprise... if i had the money i swear id live there anything beats crappy old perth.

anyways man a part two of this would be awesome!

iam gonna get in on part2 nice and early

ralphs grocery on the corner of doheny (my late night food spot)

inside the beverly centre mall foodcourt, stores etc (i love this place so much cause i spentthe best days of my la trip there)

some photos of sunset blvd "the no cruising sighn i found hillarious"

some celebrities and maybe some hookers if you spot em i saw tori spelling and melissa joan hart on the same day i also saw vanna white doing an infomercial which i later saw on tv a few months later

GOD BLESS THE LOST ANGELES! and thankyou smallie bigs

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my homie was fuckin with a girl from "the jungle" around this time last year...

he was tellin me he went to go pick her up from that spot but had to go around "back" or whatever...and he saw a christmas tree in the trash...

2 minutes later after he picks up the chick ..busts a U turn...drives by the same christmas tree...and that shit's on fire...

Archived