London..and how cops are armed to protect us

se_FOUR

http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2003321227,00.jpg'>

... and how cops are armed to protect us

By SIMON HUGHES

GUNS at the ready, protective shields raised, and cloaked in bullet-proof Kevlar, cops launch a swoop in London yesterday.

The chilling scene shows the extraordinary lengths police must now employ to tackle vicious armed mobsters on the streets of 21st-century Britain.

The officers — from Scotland Yard’s elite SO19 firearms squad — looked more like soldiers as they pounced on suspected Jamaican Yardie gangs.

Each wore a helmet designed to resist bullets and shrapnel, and protected their faces with reinforced Perspex masks and fireproof balaclavas.

All were dressed from head to toe in flame-resistant overalls and also sported bullet-proof and knife-proof vests.

Two suspected Yardie leaders were among 13 people arrested in dawn raids at Harlesden, Kilburn, Wembley and Willesden, in North West London.

More than 400 armed officers swooped at 13 addresses in the blitz on drug and gun crime across the borough of Brent, scene of 56 recent gun attacks.

Met Police Assistant Commissioner Tarique Ghaffur said: “This operation sends out a clear message to those engaged in crime involving firearms.

“We will continue to mount operations against those who bring so much fear and misery to London communities.”

In Oxford, eight men were arrested in dawn raids carried out by more than 100 police.

The operation was part of a co-ordinated crackdown on robbery and assault suspects. All of those held were Asians in their late teens and early 20s.

Meanwhile Scotland Yard claimed it was winning the war on black-on-black crime.

Figures show the number of arrests by officers in Operation Trident, which investigates such incidents, quadrupled in the first two months of this year

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

whatever man, criminals got all that shit too, what do you expect, the cops to run in with billy clubs and harsh language?

cop's do over-do it, and im hardly a fan of the present situation, but dude's are people just trying to protect themselves as well.

the other night im watching this fox special on riots, and in all these instances, there are like 5 cops, surrounded by 100 people rioting, trying to hit the cops with sticks, rocks, etc. and this is over like, football games, and completely un-police related shit....ya know what, if i'm a cop, and there are a hundred dudes trying to fuck me up cause the canucks lost? i'm lighting motherfuckers up. fuck that shit.

hating cops is for 16year suburbanites and amadas dialo's mother.

Guest sneak

ill just be worried, when they start packing heat on the street. untill then i couldnt care less how they go about busting crack dealers or whatnot/

if we didnt have police, as much as alot of people i know and ive heard on hear would like to think, we would all be seriously fuck. sure they can be a painin the ass when the hassle us, but when they dont were glad there there to protect us, by whatever means necessary.

Originally posted by i11igul

if we didnt have police, as much as alot of people i know and ive heard on hear would like to think, we would all be seriously fuck. sure they can be a painin the ass when the hassle us, but when they dont were glad there there to protect us, by whatever means necessary.

this is sooooooo true

Archived