'texas is the reason' appreciation thread

seeking

this band is so good, they're almost difficult to listen to. i'll be sitting around and i'll think... yo, put on that texas is the...naw, i dont feel like it. but then a song will magically come on, on its own, and i'll be like...fuck yeah, they rock.

look em up.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the current that i have, is off an LP they put out. i dont know shit about it, other than the cover was black i believe. I got it from a friend. i dont even have song titles. theres about 8 tracks though i think. ive tried to look em up on the web and while i found one site that listed them in something, i dont remember what or why.

and thats my story about current. ive always been looking for more stuff from them, but since im not down with any punk scene, my looking consists of me thinking 'someday i'd love to find more of their stuff'.

yeah, work sucks.

"If It's Here When We Get Back, It's Ours" is such a rad song. I discovered them after they had already broken up, so once I had everything they'd recorded, I felt cheated - a fucking bad ass band, and they won't be putting out anything new.

So, yeah, I agree seeking. They are great.

Originally posted by seeking

the current that i have, is off an LP they put out. i dont know shit about it, other than the cover was black i believe. I got it from a friend. i dont even have song titles. theres about 8 tracks though i think. ive tried to look em up on the web and while i found one site that listed them in something, i dont remember what or why.

and thats my story about current. ive always been looking for more stuff from them, but since im not down with any punk scene, my looking consists of me thinking 'someday i'd love to find more of their stuff'.

yeah, work sucks.

Oh man, definately get do you know who you really are?

It's friggin greatness.

Current

I think that the LP you have is titled "Coliseum" If my memory serves me, that was their only full length LP. I have a 7" called "Current is 4" and i never owned the LP. They later released all their vinyl stuff on one CD, aptly titled "Discography CD" which i own, so i guess i technically own the LP. I don't think i've listened to current in almost 5 years. I'll give it another listen, and if i don't want it, i'll email one of you.

If you like Current, you would like Shotmaker's album "The Crayon Club" the other shotmaker stuff isn't so great, but that album alone was an amazing contribution to the genre.

Re: Current

Originally posted by DripOfAWish

I think that the LP you have is titled "Coliseum" If my memory serves me, that was their only full length LP. I have a 7" called "Current is 4" and i never owned the LP. They later released all their vinyl stuff on one CD, aptly titled "Discography CD" which i own, so i guess i technically own the LP. I don't think i've listened to current in almost 5 years. I'll give it another listen, and if i don't want it, i'll email one of you.

ummm, since i brought them up, aheeem. actually, even if you just wanted to burn me a copy, id send you loot to cover postage and all that shit. i have no particular interest in having the cd itself, just the songs, ya know.

holler.

yes.

Norm Arenas was in TITR. He is now in a band called New End Original with the bassist from TITR. He's also a DJ that spins progressive house, which is weird because i always repected his taste in music, but progressive house is one of the worst genres of electonic music around.

seeking, i'll burn it when i get home from work.

Originally posted by DripOfAWish

The best TITR song was on the split 7" with the Promise Ring. The song was called Blue Boy

i have that 7" on pink and white swirl vinyl. its sooooo fucking good it makes me want to jerk off and then go to sleep

Re: Current

Originally posted by seeking

ummm, since i brought them up, aheeem. actually, even if you just wanted to burn me a copy, id send you loot to cover postage and all that shit. i have no particular interest in having the cd itself, just the songs, ya know.

holler.

i emailed you via this board, check it