Possibly a Good Hip Hop Thread

BAMBOOZLED

To tell you the truth I'm starting this thread for my own benifit but you could pick up a thing or two. But rather than list off what i play (in the off chance that your going to download or pick up a copy), I'll tell you what I have AND why it's good.

If your just looking to sample I'll put some good tracks in parenthasies. That's these things> ( )

FREESTYLE FELLOWSHIP- (Hip hop, Inner city boundaries) Slick lyrics, slick Jazz loops. One of the most original set's i've ever listened to. Aceyalone, nuff said.

TRIBE CALLED QUEST- (El Segundo, Youthful Expressions, Award Tour, Keep it rollin') Peoples Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm is probably the most solid hip hop album i've ever owned. Most of tribe's tracks are up-beat and there about day to day stuff.

TYPICAL CATS- (Qweloquiallisms, Snake oil, The manhatten project)

Heavy lyrics over mellow jazz loops. I havn't found a single track I don't like.

If I didn't cover them enough feel free to add to what I wrote.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

eh.

Looptroop (good revolutionists from sweden)- always dope production. Look for solo projects by Promoe.

Anything by Natural Elements (where the fuck did these guys go???)

Typical cats = dope.

but...id rather hear Prime ( mostly punchline stuff- most of his shit you can get your hands on will be molemen production)if im listenin to Chicago shit or All Natural( "conscious" rap)

Jean Grae - i dont know what to say about her or how to describe her shes just fresh.

and anyone sleeping on Crooked I should be hurt. (long as you can get past the sometimes annoying delivery and horrible ear for beats- but what can you expect from deathrow - but yes HES REALLY DOPE)

thats enough for now.

Originally posted by SenorSeven

and anyone sleeping on Crooked I should be hurt. (long as you can get past the sometimes annoying delivery and horrible ear for beats- but what can you expect from deathrow - but yes HES REALLY DOPE)

did dude used to be down with saafir? there was a cat, either crooked i, or eye Q, or some shit...all i know is that he had a track where it sampled someone rapping about 'crooked I(d's)'. it was dope.

C-Rayz Walz

kool g rap

percee p

people under the stairs

apathy

big l

brooklyn academy

cunninlynguists

Mr.Lif

Heiroglyphics

Juice

Dynospectrum

Freddie Foxxx

Godfather Don

Illogic

Vakill

Juggaknots

Lord Finesse

And Yeah D.I.T.C.

Kurupt

Yak Ballz

Copywrite

MudKids

NON PHIXION

People Under The Stairs

RAKIM

REKS

BRAND NUBAIN

THE COUP

lazerus jackson

disflex6

lip service

tony da skitzo

99th demention

nitrous ox

the pedestrian

andre nickatina

lolo swift

vixin

noah 23

supreme being unit

penny

frek sho

gruf the druid

inner soul flow

myls and lucas

pumpkinhead

controller 7

creature box

alaskan fishermen

creepazoids

i hate music

Atleast this thread is still running. But it's just as bland as every other hip hop ever started. Give me some essence to the music, not just a name. That way I can sift through shit and find stuff I like. If I was going to sample one song from each MC(s), which one whould you recommend.

If your a Tribe Called Quest enthusiest you'll dig the full length songs tribe sampled from. So here's a couple I can think of off the top of my head:

Fourty Days- Billy Brooks (Luck of Lucien)

Funky- The Chamber Brothers (El Segundo)

Inner City Blues- Ruben Wilson (Youthfull Expressions)

Dirty Old Bassa Nova- Howard Roberts Quartet (Jam)

These are all Jazz tracks but I HIGHLY recommend Fourty Days and Dirty Old Bassa Nova.