i just got a new kitty

Guest 7126

well i just got a new kitty, just a couple of weeks old and its all black with a white spot on the chest.....soooo cute

well i neva had a pet before...so u ppl that did, give me some tips and advice

:p

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

make it shit/piss out side cuz cat piss is lethal in large quantities, dont buy stuff with catnip or your cat will become nerotic, dont let him play with your feet or he/she will continually atack said feet, and what ever you do dont tie a mouse to a string and hang it from your fan.

Originally posted by i11igul

make it shit/piss out side cuz cat piss is lethal in large quantities, dont buy stuff with catnip or your cat will become nerotic, dont let him play with your feet or he/she will continually atack said feet, and what ever you do dont tie a mouse to a string and hang it from your fan.

wats catnip?? and nerotic?? and wat if i buy a litter box and y not tie a mouse to a string at hang it on a fan

get a pik for us...

as far as training and shit go...

i always petted(sp?) my cat a lot, holded it... haha...

and i used to put my finger in her mouth when she would try to bite me or gnaw on me... that way when you kind of gag it they learn not to try to bite... atleast mine did...

r.i.p snoopy :cry2:

A movie showing all of us why cats and overhead fans don't mix

A really important thing is to play with your cat a lot. show it a lot of attention. the more you do that, the friendlier it will be in later life

also, talk to your cat. maybe not as important, but I have a cat, and whenever i say something to him like, "what's up, buick" he'll meow back like he's talking to me, it's the tightest thing i've ever seen

Originally posted by Kyuzo

also, talk to your cat. maybe not as important, but I have a cat, and whenever i say something to him like, "what's up, buick" he'll meow back like he's talking to me, it's the tightest thing i've ever seen

word. i love my cat. lucy knows whats up. im getting a new puppy today!!!!!! i want to name her gracie.

cat tips:

if its still super young like how its head it bigger than its body, put it in the little box every hour or if you think it needs to go. then it will know where to potty. if its that young, it may still need kitten milk which you can buy a powder for and mix with water like baby formula. it will have directions for feeding on the container. every few hours and after it goes potty, take a damp wash cloth and clean it like a momma kitty so it knows how to clean itself, short strokes down the body like when cats use their tongue. make sure there is always clean water for it to drink. keep the litter box suuuper clean so the kitty will actually go potty in it, and not be disgusted with the piss everywhere and go on your carpet or bed.:)

Originally posted by test pattern

hahahahaah

i laughed aloud

im dead serious.;)

well now i know y not to do that thing with the string and the fan....still dont know wat catnip is and nerotic

pot for cats ay.....anyway i dont wana smoke my cat up yet im gona wait till it throws down five or wants to match me...hahah...jk its just a couple of weeks old i dont want it to die or sumtin like that if i get it high.

ps: all great tips tanx alot

any more????

catnip is like some powder shit that they put on some cat toys and it makes the cats neurotic which means stay up ALL night and drag the toy around and whine like a bitch, at least that what my cat does, but im sure you can prevent this by doing some of the above.

Guest 40ozProphet
Originally posted by 7126

still dont know wat catnip is

Catnip is a plant, not some powdered shit. Although if you dry the leaves and grind them up, you could make it into a powder. It doesn't usually affect very young or very old cats. It also usually lasts about 15 minutes and then the cat get used to it (build up a tolerance:lol: ). If you take it away, it should affect the cat in something like half an hour.

As mentioned above, catnip's this dank smelling plant that affects some gland (forgot the name) on the inner cheek-region of a cat's face. They get really frisky and energetic, which can be good AND bad. If yer pussy is hyperactive, don't let em wallow in that stuff all day long, they're more likely to shread and destroy stuff.

Taking care of cats is pretty basic. Feed them both soft (meat-based) and hard (biscuit-based) cat food. Only feeding one of the other can lead to a number of problems. Handle it lots, especially when it's young. Cats are attention whores - but don't spoil it completely. Any kind of animal can develope "Separation-Anxiety", which arises from far too much, or way too little interaction. It causes em to get destructive when you're not around, as they miss the social interaction that your presence provides. Well, something along those lines, at least.

If it's gonna be an outdoor cat, start it off in increments; don't just toss it out the door and forget about it. All cats (and dogs, and other animals) have natural instincts which can allow them to trace their way home, even if they do end up lost. (you always hear stories about how some family moved to another state, left their cat behind, and a month later, it showed up at their new home, blah blah blah). Take it outside in the yard for a while each day, and let it explore on it's own as time progresses. Outdoor cats are, in general, usually less destructive/crabby than purely indoor cats. (note, usually). Cats still have natural habits and instincts that your apartment/house can't adequately satisfy.

The plus to having an outdoor cat is that you never have to clean up it's shit/piss. Cat urine (as mentioned above) is nasty stuff. If a cat takes a whizz on yer carpet, good luck EVER getting the stain and/or rank smell out. It's good to train yer kitty in a litter-box while it's young, even if they never end up using it. It's a lot easier to scoop out some clumped up litter than to get yer carpet replaced.

Cats are the bee's knee's, love them damn things.

i witnessed a cat getting shot out of a tree and then clubbed to death with the butt of the rifle a couple of years ago. recently i saw one hit get hit by a car and thrash madly on the road, needless to say both events made my day. I hate cats they are scum, also i know a guy who raped a cat on a trampoline, true story