who likes ska?????

telefuzz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i havent heard anybody talk about ska since i was in 7th grade. That was a long time ago. When they asked me if i liked ska i thought they said do you like scott and i was like "yeah, i love scott. He's cool as shit." Boy i bet they thought i was cool. Hahaha to be young and foolish/

Originally posted by mr.pescado

if u like reggae....which most people do...and/or if u like dance hall and or rocksteady...which a good number of people do as well....u shouold know that ska is where these music styles originated from...so just as graff heads show respect to their "elders"...so should those in music...and yeah less than jake does suck....ska is dope...listen to it...

so that would make less then jake the 3d style compaired to the early 80s subways{the specials},philly hands{ bob marley peter tosh} and taki 183 and cornbread{desmond dekker}

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

what are sharps and rudeboys?

well iloveboxcars

sharp means skinheads against racial prejudice . there are lot of them not only in the ska scene but many scenes of music most are affiliated with anti racism movements againts the kkk and other racialy oppresive groups...but dont get the wrong impression .they are still just as violent as their racist counter parts, more so torward bigots

and a rudeboy...was/is in jamaica a thug,gangster,stick up kid.

in america they are....people that play dress up, or genuine rowdy people that dont give a fuck at the party and wanna have fun.

the term rudeboy is still used in dancehall , ragga, jungle DnB, dubstyle, and reggae.

fishbone

nyc ska jazz ensemble

jump with joey

cherry poppin daddies=posers that jumped ship to swing

see spot

hepcat

pharmacutical bandits

aquabats

operation ivy

skatalites

izralites

early bob marley

specials........fuck neville staples and his son daren staples .assholes shysted me out of a pound of urb and had the bouncers kick us out of the glasshouse..i want my money

toasters

mustard plug

toots and the maytals

derek morigan

lee scratch perry

jimmy cliff

and no i didnt forget no doubt,mighty mighty bostones,sublime,reel big fish,and goldfinger

.....................moonska,hellcat records

WHO HERE LISTENED TO THE SKA PARADE WITH TAZY PHILLIPS AND ALBINO BROWN?

and rolond alphonzo the greatest ska,mento saxaphonist ever R.I.P

and it goes in order like this.

mento/calypso

ska

rocksteady

two tone

reggae

dubstyle

dancehall

third wave

world music

ragga