PRAIRIE GAZETTE

brown twinkie

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Twinkie stuff...good stuff,

That post reminded me of a movie called "thin red line" have you seen it?

wow....thanks tesseract....

.....i'm a pretty big fan of terence malick....

.he's amazing.....some of thin red line is the most amazing

shit i've ever seen.......the one scene that

really sticks out in my mind is in the

middle of the ridge battle part, he suddenly cuts to a

baby bird on the ground struggling to stay alive...just amazing shit..and

a few other scenes....he's incredible...

on a side note....you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find reasonable size

pictures of particular countryside geographics on the net....

bump for my crazy prarie storm/painting experience tonight.

I was out tonight in what was without question the biggest thunderstorm I have ever wittnessed. Its been really hot (by prarie standards) and humid and everyone was just waiting for this...

It started out really nice...I was painting a spot right on the edge of town and off to the north and north west was lots of lightning, with only the occasional thunderclap. Every 10-30 seconds a flash would occur...sometimes the big ones lit up the sky so much youd think somone was standing behind you with a floodlight. I got in a few fr8s and moved on to another spot.

As I was filling in my piece there were a few real bright flashes and loud thunderclaps so I sped up a bit. Then It was that eeerie calm before the storm....the wind started gusting and you could hear the birds getting spooked. It was spitting as I finished up my 3-d and then it poured as I threw my shell on (only about 10% adhered to the surface but I had to try). Then it went from pouring to monsoon and I couldnt see the end of the block as I ran back to my car. I drove home at a crawl but 2/3rds of the way I decided to pull into a parking lot and wait things out because the storm was just insane.

I picked the parking lot I bench from and just shut the car off and reclined to watch. the sky just flashed and flickered with lots of lightning that never touched down, it was like a strobe light. Then there was a flash that lit everything up like it was daytime and afterwards total darkness. a lightning strike must have took out the power. after a minute a few emergency lights came on at nearby businesses....then 5 minutes later the grid came back online. after about 30 minutes I gave up waiting and just drove the rest of the way home doing a max of about 20km/h the whole damn way. The drains are all backed up at the curb so I went through puddles that were up to my calfs just to get to the sidewalk....

so...yeah....nice flix....I hate the praries but they are unique...

"brown twinkie.

holding it down.

step into his class, take a seat, pay attention."-T.

...present, attentive, pencil sharpened, always a pleasure for the eyes and mind....the first praire reminds me of christina's world by andrew wyeth...the blues and greens of the setting sun sky relecting off the black mirrored lake, wow, then the same lake, and i assume the same sunset, moments before, exploding into the idea of universal orange, skies on fire, unbelievably distinct colors captured within the same spot...i love it...and the os gemeos is simply brilliant in colors, those wings, oh my....and i think i remember twinkie you saying something awhile ago about picasso and os gemeos, and its subliminal similartities, could be wrong, but yep i thought the same thing when i first saw their work...brilliant styles...

expanded......rOe

Archived