Let Me Cook What's In Your Fridge aka You Hungy, Me Bored

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You know, Gordon Elliot, used to have a place on Current Affairs that show with Maury Povich on Fox5, you know the show?

No seriously, tell me what's in you're fridge, I'll try to make something of it with stuff that's in my cupboards and quite probably your cupboards. Waste nothing people. Primarily looking for fresh or slightly spoiled ingredients that you don't know what to do with, don't give me ketchup, fish sauce, mustard, mayo, dog food, etc.

And I think retinue means a people who happen to be around a certian entity such we to the 12oz.

Guest WebsterUno

eggs, 4 tamales, 3 pudding cups, 1 crush orange soda,

lettuce, 1 chicken bowl (frozen), left over bar-b-q

(steak, rice, and chicken) corn on the cobb, Tamarind

soda, 2 pale ales (I hope, I havent gone home yet!)

and the usual condiments. Oh, and 1 bottle of banana ketchup!

Guest WebsterUno

its good on white rice..they have a spicy one too.

Its good for egg rolls. Good on most asian foods.

It tastes somewhat like it sounds. Sweet, not salty.

But not too sweet, just good. try it!

Originally posted by WebsterUno

eggs, 4 tamales, 3 pudding cups, 1 crush orange soda,

lettuce, 1 chicken bowl (frozen), left over bar-b-q

(steak, rice, and chicken) corn on the cobb, Tamarind

soda, 2 pale ales (I hope, I havent gone home yet!)

and the usual condiments. Oh, and 1 bottle of banana ketchup!

What the fuck...let me come over...

i11igul-I would say we could make a pizza, but you knew that. cheese souffle (butter, not the fake kind works best here), mock souffle (same problem), apple pie (if you have some flour and crisco. . .again you didn't say butter that would make a better pie), quiche, any of that sound good?

Web-banana ketchup? I'm not sure you'd like to part with the tamales or the bbq, so I may leave the tamales alone, I wouldn't know that I could convince you that tamales would be good in something else anyhow. I don't know what the chicken bowl is, and that's probably premade as well. . .you could also have quiche perhaps, salad (duh), a nice rum punch maybe;) , and it sounds like you have the ingredients for a nice mex. soup with tamales.

Originally posted by WebsterUno

Egg pie?

basically

You can substitute for the milk, powdered milk, or some stock perhaps or slightly salted water (i think sea salt works best but don't quote me here) and some scrapings from your corn cob; and since you don't have an onion use some powder for flavor. http://www.virtualcities.com/ons/pa/r/para5011.htm

if you don't have the bisquick there are mad other quiche recipes on that sight. happy baking.

I almost forgot, I don't know quite how yet but I'd try to make those tamales into the crust maybe instead, and you can use parmasean for cheese almost anytime by halving? the requirement, this depends on the quality of the parm tho.

Originally posted by Scrabble

frozen pizza, is good. I live off of it.

Oh "it's not delivery, it's diGourno", but homemade pizza is so much better. I do like some Tony's once in a while, like once every year, though. Just Ghetto like that.

i have

[*]grapenuts

[*]spoiled milk

[*]half a head of escarole

[*]some german beer

[*]a bagel (wheat i think)

[*]orange juice

[*]wheat thins

[*]cherries

[/list=1]

we might need to throw some one elses shit in with that too.

Who wants smoothies?:yum:

mmm, cherry+oj smoothie=yum, mr. yuck. When I was little I took baths, and anything unidentifiable in the bath with I called a yuckle. Yuckles freaked me the fuck out. I really don't know what to do with you're ingredients yuck, if anyone else can help mr. yuck feel free too. Drink beer, and eat wheat thins, make some croutons with the bagel and eat them with the escarole. And, dare I say, throw that milk out.

ill bring some peanut butter, and we can have grapenut and peanut butter bagels as an entree before websters quiche. and for dessert? did i hear someone say pudding cup?

its like a 12oz "guess whos coming to dinner".

Originally posted by nak

milk, egg, n watermellon

All that is definately good advice, however I would argue that knowing the science a bit, as you do, would definately help one get MORE creative with their recipes.

Here is a kick ass recipe, and quick if you have a blender, if not try it anyhow but you have to make sure you get that lemon color (stick with me, i explain later): German Breakfast Pancake.

Tools and Dishes:

blender

1/4 cup measuring cup

zester

ceramic baking dish thingy

Preheat oven to 475.

one egg

1/4 cup milk

1/4 cup flour

dash almond extract

1/2 tsp. zest of a lemon

dash salt

2 Tb butter

confectioner's sugar for sprinkling over the top

2 Tb lemon juice (juice from half a lemon)

in a blender blend the egg until lemony colored, a few seconds, careful, too much blending will cook food esp. eggs. combine milk, almond extract, lemon zest and salt in same (pulse till homogenous-the same consistancy throughout). put butter in a small baking dish, and place dish in the oven until it's nice and hot and the butter is melted but not burnt. remove dish from the oven and pour in your batter (should come halfway up the ceramic dish). place back in the oven for 12 minutes or till risen and golden on top. turn out on a plate, flip back over, and serve with lemon juice and then a dusting of the sugar on top.

kick ass recipe for that special morning with a loved one.

Last edited by 23578 on 03-03-2002 at 09:30 PM