apparently some of you aren't listening...

seeking

another idea we've been tossing around, is to break up channel zero and create one or possibly two more sections.

one would be for art/design/intelligent conversations, and perhaps another one devoted just to movies and music.

by doing that it would shield alot of people, from alot of the ignorance that swirls around our ankles like a cess pool. i'm afraid it might kind of turn the remaining section of channel zero into a nearly unbearable pit of ignorance, much like the 'yard' but what can you do?

anyone have any feelings on that? ideas?

and tease, as people stated, if you want people to not view you as tease, you need to stop fucking being tease. change your signature. stop signing things as 'teaser' and stop talking about all the same shit that you have become so 'famous' for: brains, mexican girls, brains, mexican girls...whatever else you talk about now. haha. a new name with a fresh start would be a big help too probably. with the amount of turnover on this board, in a month, there would be a whole crop of new kids that have no idea who 'tease' is, ya know.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by seeking

another idea we've been tossing around, is to break up channel zero and create one or possibly two more sections.

one would be for art/design/intelligent conversations, and perhaps another one devoted just to movies and music.

i really like the random and hodgepodge nature of channel zero. i like reading about important news that was uncovered by our media, looking at pics of hot girls, assisting someone with their homework, then learning about which rapper got the most sreet cred.

also, there's a higher chance that these ignorant immature assholes that everyone is complaining about may actually get enightened by reading a thread from someone like browner. the increased likelyhood of thes is slim, but any difference is helpful.

here's a great idea:

intead of threads just piling up and up and up and wasting space and bandwidth or whatever...

why dont yall make it to where they like dissapear or get deleted after they hit like page 4?

but here's the kicker...

ones we want to stay get something placed on them like a "sticky" but its not a sticky, rather something that makes it to where they dont get deleted...

that way shitty threads would dissapear after awhile, you'd save bandwidth, and cut down costs...

:idea:

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

cuz i like what i had to say:

Originally posted by mr.yuck

The one thing that pisses me off more than anything about this board is when someone posts a good toppic that has potential to become a good thread that is followed by 5 or 6 posts that say "too long" or "What?" or some other bullshit. From there the potentially good thread becomes a pissing sword fight for 3 pages which spills into other threads killing them too. The ignorance level here is like cancer. I'm not even excluding myself from any of this. I don't think i have contributed anything ground breaking since i came back here. But i think that everyone needs to just take a deep breath and try to make some kind of concerted effort to make intelligent conversation here.

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

i agree

so what should the crew do? edit out the posts that dont "add" anything intelligent to the discussion? does that scream "censorship"? i dont know. its not a rhetorical question, i am asking all of you...

Re: cuz i like what i had to say:

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

i agree

so what should the crew do? edit out the posts that dont "add" anything intelligent to the discussion? does that scream "censorship"? i dont know. its not a rhetorical question, i am asking all of you...

it's not censorship if you're erasing useless posts such as "this is gay", or "too long", you're just clearing up space to help keep threads high quality. Kind of like when you block pop-ups or spam online, you're merely Improving something. :idea:

Originally posted by Fryre Dekoy

"i admit i fucked up the first few years i was here, and im trying to correct all that." tease

by posting how you think white people are corny for liking their pets and not acting black, get the fuck outta here, not fooling me.

you are one of the people who just hate me so much no matter what i do or say would be enough... youre a lost cause.

because you disagree with my opinions dont make yours right...

i have just finished reading this entire thread from post 1 to what ever post this is and i can say that all the bullshit in ch0 to me personally doesnt affect me one way or another, if i see a topic i like and someone is posting smilies or saying "cool dude yea" its not dificult for me to overlook that post, saying that that post is useless or what ever maybe true, but does that mean you should put them on probation or ban um, someone on the first page said something bout people with the sweep team in thier sig, that they should be put on probation...for what...having a general discussion? but anyway thats not the point, i honestly dont think the mods should have the power to do anything but edit posts such as edit a droped spot or a photo of a member or something...and maybe possibly ban someone if they continue to drop names/spots, but not because they post a lot of useless shit...and makros aint an acception....he really should be first on the probation list if anything, and i dont mean this as a diss or anything but if your thinking about adding this probabtion status to keep useless shit out...whats more useless than photos of random images...10,000+ of them at that? i def see what your talking about though; trying to get shit like that out for the greater good, and this board isnt a democracy ect ect but like you all said its a thin line, and you gotta be careful, because you cant just go around baning and propating people for posting a smilie or quoting someone

i just posted in the screw thread and noticed for the first time that i'm 'member' status. is that good for anything?... fuggit who cares.. as should most people around here...

change the permissions to limit posts for newbies.. the longer you're here, the more you can talk...

Guest KING BLING

I feel it...but to devide it up too much would take away from constant movement of it all...just devide it into 2 groups:

section 1) Arts and culture - music, movies, design, art, photography, current events, books, and other intellectual persuits

section 2) All things other

I got in on this way late

But I really don't have any complaint. I've probably posted a few things while a couple of shots too far into a gallon of paisano that I shouldn't have posted, but that's part of the charm of both 12 Oz. and Channel Zero in particular. If you go too far, people will bring you up short. Then you can contemplate whether or not you are right, or whether your opinion is as wack as your detractors seem to think it is (I love that word, LOL.)

Yeah, there are a few people that abuse the privelege of posting on here. Usually, they are young and immature. Oh well. That's how people learn. You can't progress without taking a few risks. You can't take risks without making mistakes. If you screw up, you get your hand spanked and told to straighten up.

By and large, both 12 Oz. itself and 99% of the people on here just rock it. Yeah, we need the mods to slam dunk a few of the worst offenders. But for most posters, a simple "Hey, knock it off, asshole," is a word to the wise.

As for five-star systems, etc.--"Whatever." As long as it still floats my boat, I'll be here. I enjoy this place too much to quit. And also too much to abuse the privelege.

Originally posted by KING BLING

I feel it...but to devide it up too much would take away from constant movement of it all...just devide it into 2 groups:

section 1) Arts and culture - music, movies, design, art, photography, current events, books, and other intellectual persuits

section 2) All things other

:lol: thats like telling kids to either be smart and go into section 1, or go play i section 2 to with the other retards....

the only thing you left out of section 1 was sexual stuff and thats about all i can think of thats not in section 1...

this board costs 100's of dollars a month to run, and not a penny of it comes from advertising or pop ups. it comes directly ot of raven's pocket.

if people cant respect his time, effort and money, then they dont deserve to be here, period.

aww, man, i didnt know all this was out of raven pocket! thats dedication. thank you misteraven, for real. so much love from you, im gonna show it back.

PS in regards to this thread, for real, i havent even really posted like the last week or two cause nothings been worth it. enforce what is needed.

Originally posted by mr_president

you are one of the people who just hate me so much no matter what i do or say would be enough... youre a lost cause.

because you disagree with my opinions dont make yours right...

nah man, i really dont hate you, alot of the stuff you post just bugs the shit out of me.

it's like that annoying kid in class, you dont hate him, you just wish he would shut the fuck up sometimes, sometimes he has valid points, and brings good fresh jokes in, and even then people still hate cause he's the annoying guy, and when you call him on it, he just gets more annoying stammering on defending himself, when in reality, the entire reason half the class dropped hints here and there for him to maybe, i dont know, change his attitude.

me constantly hating on you is fun, and most of the time i cant quite put in to words what im trying to make you understand when i post, so the best thing to do is just ignore you. unless you have pictures of hot females :D :D

Originally posted by krie

Misteraven, id love to help out with some $$$ and plus get something that i want anyways (plus the free goods:king: ), though FourTheHardWay doesnt ship out to Aus :( , hopefully it will soon!!

If you still want to go above and beyond to help us out, then spread the word. Link us up if you have a site, or let your friends know about the board and online store if they don't already. If you're ever visiting another board or have an opportunity come up, let people know and post a link.

Sorry we dont ship international quite yet, but we are working on it. However, in the meantime, just spreading the word and enjoying/respecting the site is thanks enough.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

looks like something from the fourthehardway.com thread

on a side note, not like my opinion matters, but i think hiding post count would be a good idea.

oh and seeking, when people (or i should just say me, because im not gonna talk for anyone else) refers to you as 'nazi seeking' , its like the old men sitting on the stoop recalling the glory days. its almost a term of endearment.

intangfame,

yeah, that was mine. why?

I remember seeing that and thinking holy fuck thats hot...but then i thought seeks is all artsy fartsy abstract poopy pants stuff...i wonder who painted that. You were mentioning about getting better and people liking your stuff...it jsut clicked that in my mind.

Archived