= I M P R E S S I O N S =

mr_president

ok, this thread is inspried by the movie "WAKING LIFE"

alright, you know how you are walking around some where, and people are all around you? well lets say you and a buddy are walking down the street, downtown in a busy city, and some female is coming up and about to pass you, if you interact with her in one way or another, depending on what you do/say etc, that single moment will affect her life possibly for the rest of her life.

for example, say she is walking by, and right when she is about to pass, you grab her by the arms and yell "hey lady give me all youre money!!!" and then release and say "i'm sorry, i was just playing with you..."

think about her day after that small interaction.

the rest of the day, possibly even weeks later she might bring up this breif encounter, telling her friends or family or whoever else the very day YOU ran into her and scared her half to death, you are now like a memory in her life or mind rather forever quite possibly.

think about all the possibilites or opportunities rather that you have throughout your day/lifetime to make the impressions on people. its crazy isnt it?

then think about how many times something so weird happened to you, and know its like jogged in your memory forever, it becomes like a best story tale at a party with friends...

ponder amongst yourselves...

:confused:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

good thread

if u grabbed that girl and said that

it would make a big impact

cuz she prolly be shit skared for ages, thinkin that some one actually will do it to her whilst she walkin down the road

bumpski

Originally posted by test pattern

a question:

what does that mean to you? that life isn't as special or important as it seems? or that everyone has the potential to have a strong impact on each other's life with such little effort because human interaction is so powerful?

no none of that, i just find it interesting that certain things, like these breif interactions can play such a big role in our lives without us even thinking about it.

and then im thinking to myself, you could be famous after a few months of scaring the shit out of people, evenatually after you "touched" enough people they would wind up running into each other telling similiar stories about some weirdo that did something to them and now they're telling this other person, but that other person has been touched by you as well. :eek: get it?

sometimes you dont even need interaction to be caught up in the moment and then have a story to tell friends...

for example, say you say someone picking their nose while driving until they had a nose bleed. thats pretty fucking funny/weird etc...

id tell some people i watched that happen...

and so on....

think about all those interactions or stories that are created everyday in different peoples lives, most of them you dont even see because you just happen to miss it.

then think about all the people who arent fortunate enough to be "bumped" into or startled but yet they are just walking along in their lives waiting for something so exciting to happen just so they COULD talk about something that happened to them...

:idea:

Originally posted by mr_president

and then im thinking to myself, you could be famous after a few months of scaring the shit out of people

Interesting point, but wouldn't you rather be remembered in a positive way? I know you were simply using that as an example, and it's a good one, seeing as an action such as that indefinately would create a lasting memory, but i'm sure that positive interactions could leave an equal, if not greater impression on both of the interacted individuals.

Ex: You're walking down the street and you see some hot chick about to pass you walking in the opposite direction. What are you likely to remember more?

a.) She shoots you a cold stare, or

b.) she looks up, gives a warm smile, wink, wave, etc.

Ok, well, maybe that was a bad example to use on a board like this, with all you wierdos around. I know i'm more likely to remember "reaction b", if nothing else due to the fact that a chick who goes around winking at strange guys is probably a slut. Easy lays all around, boys.

Boy, i'm knocked up. :dazed:

...for example, say she is walking by, and right when she is about to pass, you grab her by the arms and yell "hey lady give me all youre money!!!" and then release and say "i'm sorry, i was just playing with you..."

first off, if you did this to me i'd be on my cell calling 911 and filing charges on your dumb ass. since you're probably being facetious, i'll take it as a reference to any sort of happening that would linger in one's mind.

on that note, there's a band in houston that's somewhat notorious for getting incredibly trashed and pulling stupid shit all the time. my girl and i were on a 2 am walk through our neighborhood (a ghetto that turns into a pretty rich neighborhood a couple of blocks away...) and this guy pulls up in this beat up ford truck and sticks his head out the window and shouts "I fuck fucking cats!" my girl looks over at him and says "...Jack?" and he looks at her with one of those stupefied open-mouthed looks and just guns the truck the hell out of there. we fall over laughing knowing damn well he hadn't expected that to happen. so, be careful who you do this to, you might wind up just making an ass of yourself.

Originally posted by caL

im too stupid, that movie confused me alot.

ok. picture this.

your drunk and stoned and its three in the morning and your at the scene when he gets out of the boat car. then all of a sudden your girlfriend straddles you and wants to do the foreplay thing wich is her way of saying she wants to fuck, but you really want to see this movie cause its your first time. so eventually you get to the scene with the guitar player and your goin down on your girl on the couch while straining to see and hear whats going on ( she's a sceamer and hair puller). so you get to the part with the guy at the pinball machine and she wants to go into the bedroom cause she doesnt like the fact that there are so many windows in the living room and wont fuck in there..

what do you do?

stay naw i wanna watch the movie or turn it off and spoil your first impressions of the movie and not see the end until you watch it again after work the next day?

ok well since in a good mood I will add something to this emo bullshit.

Think about all the places you could live...all the different people you could know...all the different friends you would have, if you just went back and moved to a different city at a point in your life. Think about the people who would be your friends now. but dont know it because you never went andmet up with them.

Originally posted by IntangibleFame

ok well since in a good mood I will add something to this emo bullshit.

Think about all the places you could live...all the different people you could know...all the different friends you would have, if you just went back and moved to a different city at a point in your life. Think about the people who would be your friends now. but dont know it because you never went andmet up with them.

:confused:

I could make friends?

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

What's with all these attempts to sound philosophical and profound?

im not trying to, i was inspired by the movie WAKING LIFE, like i mentioned above, and this is what came from it...

why dont you just drop your thoughts on the subject instead of trying to sound cool or be funny? what are ya? stupid?

Archived