cohabitation extrication

ubejinxed

ever have one of those messy messy situations where u lived with someone you were dating and it was time to move on?

like the financial issues: that's mine, or you owe me this for this bill, or i did that for you so we're not even etc...

or just the emotional drama leading up to this and the aftermath?

sigh. week three and it's still going.

i guess 2 yrs and a ring don't die easily.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you're better off ubeski.

Just think of the doors opening for you right now.

I know it's hard to look past the pain of a failed relationship,

but you know there's much more for you. Maybe a little time to

yourself without having to (emotionaly) support another person

is what you need to break down some of the other things in your

life you dont like. Do you think you'd have the nerve to leave the

cube and try a new direction if the ground wasn't 'pulled out from under you'?

Originally posted by ubejinxed

note to others, never buy cars for your boyfriend

*note to single girls... she's clearly not talking about me.

I actually recommend buying cars! nice ones!

damn ube... he's got absolutely no legal ground to stand on.

If he doesn't have the right paperwork the only thing keeping him

from geting deported was you. And now he's going to go and mess with that?

fool.

Originally posted by ubejinxed

i should just turn his ass in to the INS.

my ex's friend had to do this to get rid of her ex. dude was psychotic. second he walked out of jail...INS picked him up.

yeah, it really sucks. moving on is always difficult. when my relationships end...I try and get all my shit in one nice fell swoop. after that there is no reason to talk to one another and I never answer the phone if they call. easier said that done I realize. don't let things linger and spend tons of time with friends. tequila helps as well.

I'd also like to point out that kilo is exactly correct about the car and...just for the record of course...I think a mid to late 60's 911 could buy...er I mean earn...a lot of respect from me.

Guest i7531p

Rough times. I'v come soo close to that situation a few times. I never wish it upon anyone. It's really hard to leave someone that you have a strong emotional bond with and then to have to see them everyday and continue to share financial responsibilities. Sometimes I think it would be easier just pack up what ever you have and walk away and never look back. It's much easier said than done or maybe it's just a cowardly way out...I don't know.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

you're better off ubeski.

Just think of the doors opening for you right now.

I know it's hard to look past the pain of a failed relationship,

but you know there's much more for you. Maybe a little time to

yourself without having to (emotionaly) support another person

is what you need to break down some of the other things in your

life you dont like. Do you think you'd have the nerve to leave the

cube and try a new direction if the ground wasn't 'pulled out from under you'?

really true.

my friend had a really good piece of advice for me when i got out of a longterm relationship.. he said the one thing you don't want to do is idealize the person or the relationship, it makes it that much harder to get on with your life. maybe that's kind of intuitive, but it seems like a good thing to keep in mind, it definitely helped me.

no doubt....i wish someone gave me that advice...getting over someone you believe to love is probably one of the hardest things to do...i guess stay optimistic and focus on the things you can now have as opposed to the things you had....being americas most elligible bachellor/ette definetly has its perks...and for the future, at least you now know some of the things you DONT want yknow? the world is yours...im saying, if you give me his car, ill take care of him for you....you can live happily ever after ;)

Guest TEARZ

i feel for you. i went through the process a while back and it can be long and arduous.

it's cliche, but dividing up the record collection was war. i ended up surrendering or forgetting shit that she had no business having. she's got my original cactus album, original juggaknots and numerous classic 12 inches.... whatever, she can keep them, i don't really need them. but haha, i've got your SWV "right here" 12 inch, and that's your favorite song of all time! and sometimes i play it out at the club, and girls go crazy haha. but damn if it doesn't make me think of you sometimes... but still i wouldn't go back dammit.

i feel you pain. find new avenues for yourself, a new hobby (or obsession) is perfect for getting the job done. strictly forward motion. best of luck, keep moving.

Ubejinxed

Two years? And a ring? Dude, you are married. Common law married, but married all the same. To be on the safe side, I would get her to sign a no-fault divorce packet. If not, ten years from now she may sue you to get HALF OF ALL YOUR ASSETS, and sue your new wife for "alienation of affection" and demand that you pay BACK CHILD SUPPORT for the nine-year-old kid fathered by her new crack head boyfriend who has YOUR LAST NAME ON HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

Fucking GET A LAWYER, Ubejinxed. I'm not kidding.

I explained this already

I changed ISPs and 12 oz. won't let me change ISPs and still keep my old handle. I hassled with it various ways for a couple of hours and finally just said "Fuck it," and added a "2." Okay? I'm no computer genius, and I couldn't figure out how to unfuck it.

Re: Ubejinxed

Originally posted by KaBar2

Two years? And a ring? Dude, you are married. Common law married, but married all the same. To be on the safe side, I would get her to sign a no-fault divorce packet. If not, ten years from now she may sue you to get HALF OF ALL YOUR ASSETS, and sue your new wife for "alienation of affection" and demand that you pay BACK CHILD SUPPORT for the nine-year-old kid fathered by her new crack head boyfriend who has YOUR LAST NAME ON HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

Fucking GET A LAWYER, Ubejinxed. I'm not kidding.

ubejinxed is damn lucky SHE'S a GIRL

poor kabar seems to know all too well how much this sucks.

i think common law marriage is different in different states..fuck, i hope so

ube, keep your head up

that fool has no idea

and fuck him anyway

i know you can do better, and i don't even know him

we're doin girls weekend out in august..i hope;)

i think it's like 5 yrs common law here.

i hope he doesn't come after me for the children he's had, i know they're not mine. ahah

yah he's all calling me up now and asking for money, cuz i turned off his phone and unregistered the car, the plates, and took insurance off it. he says he was here when i needed him, and he needs me now. guess he should've thought of that before he left the house and ended up on his parents floor with no car to drive and no phone.

he haw i know i can do better. this past weekend was madness including, going to the beach, some strange party, a soccer player from england and being awake until 8am. phew. athletic foreign hotties make good rebounds. tasty cakes.

ibe back in effect fo sho.

* kabar - he doesn't have any possibility of retribution since he's not supposed to be here anyways. according to the US government he doesn't exist. deportation imminent in september

i feel you ubej.

i think i was pretty prolific with my 7.5 year divorce that went through last month. that and my COMPLETE LOSS OF SANITY AND BASE OF REALITY..well the 4 days in jail put things in perspective and that was for writing..common law like you we started living together on a back porch for seventy bucks a month and came up to a joint income of around 70 grand and a nice house in the nice part of the state.

anyway...i outright went crazy..but my life was crazy and besides like her suicide attempt on my 22nd birthday wasn't some passive aggressive bullshit.

of the 7 years or so at least 3 were spent fighting but miraculously we remain close and talk a lot which is a miracle considering i owe her like 7500 and she left a week early cause she thought i was gonna stab her to death, WHICH COULDNT BE FARTHER FROM THE TRUTH.

but if that motherfucker did you real wrong then by all means seek retribution....

my ex is straight up my family you know? we came up from 18 to 25together and it got to the point where i wanted to drink and write and she was not having that. but when i was working 60 hours a week making mad money all she wanted to do was hang out with yuppies..fuck that shit. fuck petty pussy dick drama and cheating to. biggest waste of time enery and emotions ever.

but lemme tellyah....i have seen it all in those three years of fighting. i know how much it can completely fuck with your head, so stay strong change your number and call up that soccer player.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

it's good to have someone to sleep with when you break up with someone. not to fuck.. but to sleep with.. to hold and stuff like that. that way you can think about the person you are holding and not think about the person you are no longer dating. it works for me.

agreed, but where do u find boys that are down with just cuddling when u take them to your bed? you're way more apt to find females for that role. i try not to take dudes to my bed unless i'm ok with something more, if not then it's to the couch or the spare room with them.

self restraint is a bitch and it's better not to be tempted.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

it's good to have someone to sleep with when you break up with someone. not to fuck.. but to sleep with.. to hold and stuff like that. that way you can think about the person you are holding and not think about the person you are no longer dating. it works for me.

that's so close to hitting the undertones thread.