hey im just getting into this help me out.

not_a_slave

hello all. i have been an avid art fan for years.being a rollerblader has thrown me into the hip hop culture an di have found my place in it.i am wanting to get into graf. could you guys give me some tips on technique and such,and what kind of stuff i nedd to buy?this would help me a lot. thanx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

your just another kid who wants to be shown the way through and become good through the internet, theyre all going to give you shit, and you deserve it, dont expect anybody to hold your fucking hand, you want to learn, learn, on this board as a matter of fact, everything you could possibly need to know is on the board in seperate sections everything from picking a name to getting out of tough situations, read everything and shut the fuck up, if something isnt covered, find it out on your own.

1.No one can do it for you.

2.Learn the history.

3.Learn your areas specific history.

4.Sketch every chance you get. Get started on paper instead of hopping out to local spots right away. This will lessen the humiliation of your first few times painting.

5.You can't learn to write by sitting on your computer, go out and do stuff yourself. You can get info from the internet but you can't get style,can controle,etc. without experience. Get up and sketch,bomb,piece,tag,etc. (WORK!!)

6.YOU SUCK UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

get a pencil and a paper and sketch. read old threads here. surround yourself with people who have the same interest as you (graff). read the stickies. before ever taking anything to a wall, make sure you have the sketch down. read this forum; ever essential question has already been asked and answered here.

heres what will happen. it is inevidible. dont fight it.

you will spend alot of time with sketchbooks. get used to it.

if youre not an artist, the concept of becoming a better artist by repeatedly doing a bad job on paper sounds ridiculous. i thought the same shit. it will work. believe me. myself and everyone on here went through at least, literally, 20-30 notebooks worth of just tags before we got to 'adequate' level. no substitute for time.

you will then feel like youre tags are so dope they must be shared with the world. and that you are now ready to take the city by storm.

you will grab a sharpie or a magnum marker and tag bathroom walls, park benches and when feeling especially risky..a pay phone. by the way youll get butterflies everytime you do it - but if you were meant for this - youll get a rush too.

im too tired to go on. i just bought 'do the right thing' on dvd and must go watch.

those two steps will take about 6 months..so come back then.