world musics (non-US)

ubejinxed

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Im pretty much into Latin music for "worldly" music, so most of the groups I know have allready been mentioned here or what not, you should check out this song by Aterciopelados and soda estereo Ciudad de la furia It's pretty cool, and if you havent checked out Manu Chau yet...do it!;)

I have been lisitning to a lot of Dj Cheb i Sabah. its really good calmish asian and arabic techno stuff. Basically techoized folk and local style music. Extremely well produced.

Also I have been listining to SHakira's album Donde Estan Los Ladrones. ITs really good pop music.

Hmm, also this dude named Jorge Palma, cool portugese rock music.

And Melt-Banana a Japanese power-pop grindcore outfit.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

....Also I have been listining to SHakira's album Donde Estan Los Ladrones. ITs really good pop music.....

Yeah, thumbs up, get her live unplugged album, its basically the same set, just unplugged, dope like whoah.

Originally posted by my sweetheart, the drunk

ever hear of "louis attack" or something like that? my ex used to like that shit, but she was french so there you go.

louise attaque

good band, but it get on my nerves

if u want some more french group:

mano negra ( with manu chao)

les negresses vertes

les rita mitsouko

zebda (cool band - more urban than rock)

Any french rap listeners here?

if u americans are interested... here are some classics:

NTM ( the classical rap crew from Paris, ex writers)

IAM ( anoter classic group from Marseilles)

Akhenaton ( solo rapper from IAM)

Fonky Family ( Marseilles)

u cant go wrong with those

try to download some...

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by ubejinxed

the only french rap i've ever heard was MC Solaar, but that was a long time ago. he was pretty cool.

le bien, le mal...the good, the bad!

that song was sick!

Hmm.

Some Latin stuff I really like lately:

Mongo Santamaria

Eumir Deodoto

Those two are really good:lol:

Supreme NTM is really good as said before.

hmm..

If you like rap with live instruments yo should MOS DEF check those two:

Hadag Nahash

Shabak S'

But are really good:idea:

One

-=Listening to 9th Wonder Remixes=-

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by yoink

you should check out this song by Aterciopelados and soda estereo Ciudad de la furia

That song owns my face with a fierceity. It's actually just the girl from Aterciopelados, the song is all from Soda Stereo... they brought her in to do the slow version on their Unplugged show (album name Comfort y Música para Volar) and it came out 1700 times better than the original. The chorus is simply incredible.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

From the "song at your funeral" thread...

Originally posted by El Mamerro

"La Ciudad de la Furia" (Unplugged version), by Soda Stereo and the chick from Aterciopelados.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

That song owns my face with a fierceity. It's actually just the girl from Aterciopelados, the song is all from Soda Stereo... they brought her in to do the slow version on their Unplugged show (album name Comfort y Música para Volar) and it came out 1700 times better than the original. The chorus is simply incredible.

yeah good call, I always feel entranced when listening to that song. It was a good team up.

yes ive heard of molotov, saw them in concert in Guate I enjoyed their first album, not really their second.

Archived