Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest cracked ass

Yard Safety

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i found a quiet yard in my area and i sat and watched everything that was going on...humping...moving stuff around...i was wondering is there anyway that you can track and/or tell just by looking where the cars go?

Originally posted by THE OMEN@Dec 18 2004, 01:58 AM

i found a quiet yard in my area and i sat and watched everything that was going on...humping...moving stuff around...i was wondering is there anyway that you can track and/or tell just by looking where the cars go?

Most yards I have been to have a set schedule, but that doesn't mean the random line wont come in un-expected. Them moving stuff around has no schedule. Every day is different. Due to the terrorist alerts and whatnot most tracking sites aren't online anymore. If you are in your yard enough you will notice the workers like to drop things. I've been able to track several cars (unfortunately just for a limited amount of time, usually just until it gets to the next yard) by papers they drop. Keep in mind most of the time they are old papers and wont do you any good.

i was in between lines and there was a long metal pole about as thick as a coat hanger stuck in a door,and if you were hit by it while the train was moving it cut your leg up pretty damn bad..im sure the workers discovered it before they moved it,but that would suck if you were close to a moving train and a long metal pole hit you in the face....

Originally posted by Cracked Ass@Oct 22 2003, 01:03 PM

beestur: already answered earlier in the thread, read the whole thing again.

ckit: you're living the good life. 'layup' is anywhere a train parks besides a yard.

YO CRACKED, THANKS FOR THE HELP.........

DO YOU HAVE A FEW DIAGRAMS OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF CARS AND WHICH NUMBERS TO STAY OFF??? GOOD LOOKS..........

bumps for the info. I've been writing for about five years, but this will be my rookie season in the yards.

Wow, this is a real good threat! :king:

The place where I go to take flix is real cool. It is only about 3 tracks, and it is fairly secluded.(no people to bother you) It is not a true train "yard" but there are always a lot new cars parked there everyday. The best thing is there are no bulls or yard workers.

Originally posted by hashy@Aug 31 2003, 05:42 AM

might sound dumb but iv only like been on a train like 5 times in my life and i wondering which rail is dangerous

all tracks are dangerous.... u are made of soft breakable bones.... the trains are made of tons and tons of steel and wont even budge after running u over... so any rail is dangerous... avoid standing on the rails..