Yard Safety

Guest cracked ass

Yeah, I know what you mean, I have the same problem with reading words with more than two syllables or sentences more than six words long. I just go put on some chillin' music and try not to think too much. It gives me a headache. Now I need to go down a forty just so I can cope with how unfair life is.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest eessee

such nonsense from you none reading children. hey i dont read that much either hurts my horrific eyes....... i failed reading in first grade.... im a pitiful bastard......im gonna cry to my room now!!!:D :crazy: :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 768186

click "view" on your browser then click "text size" and make it bigger, so that you can sit further away from your screen and make it easier on your eyes...computer safety thread

Has anyone been in a yard where there's shit spilling out of a train car, and it's not like the usual grains or whatnot? In the yards where I live some of the tankers drop this white powder shit (no, not cocaine) and an assortment of other substances. When you get around certain spilled things, it fucking hurts your lungs. Sometimes I wonder what exactly they're spilling all over the place.

scary shit

i remember the first time i went to a yard, i never noticed that they were humpin trains and all that scary stuff. I didn't have no paint on me, i was just scopin out tha place, so i was walkin between 2 lines and the one on my right just got humped, i didn't hear shit, there was no warning, nuthin. Needless to say, i was on the ground screamin cuz that jus scared the bejesus outta me. But this post helped me a lot, learnin new stuff, keep it up, peace

for fugazi...

that white powdery shit cummin out was lime, i heard they dump that, and on passenger cars, they empty the toilets off the side, and it splashes onto that powder shit. I don't know what a tankers doin wit that, but dont pick it up!! before i was in2 graff, i picked that up walkin home from school, nuthin happened, but they say it can fuck up yo skin if it gets contact with it.

Re: for fugazi...

Originally posted by SALEM

that white powdery shit cummin out was lime, i heard they dump that, and on passenger cars, they empty the toilets off the side, and it splashes onto that powder shit. I don't know what a tankers doin wit that, but dont pick it up!! before i was in2 graff, i picked that up walkin home from school, nuthin happened, but they say it can fuck up yo skin if it gets contact with it.

I try not to get near that stuff. But there's this odorless whitepowder out there that seems to make everyone's lungs ache everytime we're within 10 feet of it...

That could be lime. The dust is somewhat corrosive when wet, so if you breathe it it will irritate your lungs and maybe your throat. It's not scary toxic or anything, just an irritant, you'd need to be wet and covered in the shit to start worrying about some skin damage. Just steer mildly clear.

here's my expierance in getting to know the yards.

i come from a smaller town in southern MN, so there isn't many writers at all, and i can't drive every night to go up to the bigger citiy always to go bomb n whatever. so one day i was out randomally taking flix of shit going by in the afternoon. there are 3 different yards in my town so the pickin is good. while i was taking flix a new line came in so there was a lot of action goin on. one of the workers came up to me while i was taking pics, standing in a parking lot near the line, and he said "Hey you can go up closer to the cars if you want". I thought he was walking over to yell at me or some shit, always paranoid, anyways. So he lets me take all these flix nice n up close, we bullshit a little more, and he says "Hey you wanna go inside the engine?" and i was like hell yeah! so we step up in there, i got to talk with the engineer, i str8 told em i was into graff and all that. they both talked about how they like the good stuff, hate the bad. they even told me all about the secruity at all the local yards, what time they are moving a lot at, and a TON of other shit. pays to be a nice guy and talk with no intentions, thats how you get the most i think. But there is still more than the fair share of assholes out there. keep paintin. word.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

remote controled engines

great info crack dude.......but one thing i still dont know is about remote controled engines

me and my friends found a secret yard out in a secluded area behind some farms it seems no writers know about it because we havent seen anyone nor any toyed out tags on signs or anything anywhere....its the most chillinest yard but the sign there says warning remote controled engines working.....

now this yard is pretty small, it has about 5 lines at the biggest part and it is not very long. there is onely one littlebuilding at the front of the yard...there is no bulls and we havent seen anyone actualy there yet, other than the ocational engine skylining the tracks....what my question is, is what exactly are the remote controled engines and how do they work....do they have cameras to guide them and where do are they being controled from?? we paint day frieghts there and we dont see people there, we want to continue painting there as oftain as possable but i just want to know the sitch on the remote thingies

assaconda: dont sweat the remote control signs. The engines aren't unmaned, it just means that instead of a of a 2 or 3 man crew, theres a 1 or 2 man crew. The remote control device is a little beltpack controller. Its used for switching, so the engineer can get out of the cab, and control the engine from ground level to do switching moves. The engines that are equipped like that usually have some kind of rotating light on top thats used when the beltpac is in use, but thats not on all of them.

bottom line is, stay away and out of sight of the engine and you'll be fine.

Originally posted by RY@N

here's my expierance in getting to know the yards.

i come from a smaller town in southern MN, so there isn't many writers at all, and i can't drive every night to go up to the bigger citiy always to go bomb n whatever. so one day i was out randomally taking flix of shit going by in the afternoon. there are 3 different yards in my town so the pickin is good. while i was taking flix a new line came in so there was a lot of action goin on. one of the workers came up to me while i was taking pics, standing in a parking lot near the line, and he said "Hey you can go up closer to the cars if you want". I thought he was walking over to yell at me or some shit, always paranoid, anyways. So he lets me take all these flix nice n up close, we bullshit a little more, and he says "Hey you wanna go inside the engine?" and i was like hell yeah! so we step up in there, i got to talk with the engineer, i str8 told em i was into graff and all that. they both talked about how they like the good stuff, hate the bad. they even told me all about the secruity at all the local yards, what time they are moving a lot at, and a TON of other shit. pays to be a nice guy and talk with no intentions, thats how you get the most i think. But there is still more than the fair share of assholes out there. keep paintin. word.

i emailed you.. if you get it email me back, if you dont get it jsut email me....i wanna ask you somthing....

after the other night, this thread is a MUST READ for anyone new to freights.

id seen humping in videos and in bigger yards, but i was out at a layup or sorts and they started humping lines. the thing is, its right next to a neighborhood, and im pretty sure they arent supposed to be doing this type of thing outside the yards. but, it was late at night.....so i guess since no one can tell the difference because no one can really see whats going on, they go ahead and do it to it.

it was kinda funny to see the switchmans flashlight panning all over the numbers, then stopping and looking at the new pieces....

i wonder if he realized the paint was still wet, it should have smelled pretty strong.

the point is, even if you know your shit, expect the unexpected.

weird shit goes down on the tracks, dont get caught up by it.

Originally posted by chozer

id seen humping in videos and in bigger yards, but i was out at a layup or sorts and they started humping lines. the thing is, its right next to a neighborhood, and im pretty sure they arent supposed to be doing this type of thing outside the yards.

Bullshit. It's railroad property. They can and will do whatever they please, and you are not supposed to be there. This is why I say, treat every line as if it was about to move violently at any second.

I just wanna stress this again....PLEASE BE CAREFUL. I watched about 18 people cross a stopped line over a 20 minute period the other day....I was certain I was about to watch somone get maimed. One girl about 13 crawled under real quick, and about 5 seconds after she did the whole line slammed into motion. She half looked back, but didnt seem the least bit bothered....I dont think she had any idea how fucking close she came to loosing a limb. Age is no restriction either...some middle aged guy crawled under a hopper with his fucking BIKE after waiting 2 minutes.

And the scary part was they were slamming this line REAL HARD. I swear I thought I was going to see a coupler knuckle rip off in front of me....hardest slack action I've ever seen.

be smart....be safe. stay alive....please....

ese cracked, anyone else, i have been reading this thread since it was made, way back in the day, one of the greatest threads ever started on here and trust me everyone who reads this learns alot, i thought i knew alot about trains, tell you the truth i didnt know shit until this was started last year...

keep it up guys...i wish my boy matt had read this, he would still be around.

Originally posted by guise

I looked at that rotten site, those guys are real sickos! they had pictures of this dead bum from every angle, I'm surprised they didn't have a quicktime 3d virtual environment for it to, you know, TO REALLY GET THE EFFECT!

hahaha thas great.. yeah those guys are sickos fo sho

heat

also something to keep in mind, not really safety wise, but to not heat out the yard.. Dont paint autoracks unless their empty. We've got tones of car plants around here and Im sure theyll be asking for more security at the yards if they find alot of their vehicles have paint all over them.

Guest toyeraser

thank god for trainworkers

my ass got saved by a trainworker a couple weeks ago. he got about 3 cars down from me when i seen him and he told me they already called the cops and which way to run. i still got sweated by the cops on the way back to the ride, but i was clean by then because that worker had warned me and i ditched my shit. he was walking down the whole line looking at what we had done and i'm sure he knew who i was.

alot of times i write good things about trainworkers on trains to like make them not hate us. i write viva the name of the union local or something like "trainworkers get more blowjobs". i think that helps them like us more.

witnessed more line crossing stupidity today. While watching a line at a neighborhood shortcut it slowed to a stop. The section in front of me was about 8 or 9 long wood decked flats with the old looking vertical brakewheels at the end. Very unsafe for climbing over cause above the stirrup is only one hold at waist level, meaning you gotta lean over on to the deck to get up. While I was looking down the line to see the signal (two track, both were double reds) out of nowhere this 8-9 year old kid pops up and scurries over the car. Stupid, but I dont expect much more from kids that age.

Then from the side I'm on some chick about 16 walks past me and starts very akwardly climbing onto the flat. Now, from this side you cant see either direction of the other mainline track (2-track mainline) so even assuming she makes it over without the line starting up, she could be comming down on the other side to find a train flying towards her on the open track. stupid stupid stupid.

I wasn't about to give lectures cause I could see the double reds, but I was tempted. Next time I will, cause even with those double reds the line still lurched to life when I wasn't expecting it. I saw the slack coming and plugged my ears (I was about 2 feet from the line) but it suprised me. Turns out I was looking at the closest signals, when the front end had already passed and was waiting on the next set. That being the case, the signals I could see would always be double red....and not a good judge of what the line will do.

stay safe

these thug kids were playing on the trains when i was at a siding in the woods taking flicks. they called me over and started bullshitting. these idiots were playing on some of the container garbage cars. i know this siding pretty well and those things don't sit still for long. i was just waiting to that shit jump and one of them fall.

ok, that crossing I was talking about at the top of the page....guess what was in the paper today? not a pedestrian, but some idiot in a van tryed to beat the train, which according to the guy behind him was "right there, theres no way he could have made it" and eneded up getting hospitalized after the train mashed the fuck out of the back end of his van. stupid motherfucker.

another depressing cover story on the paper this morning. a 9 year old girl on a bike tried to beat the train at a controlled crossing and got dragged a good distance and had her foot severed. She's lucky to be alive. Shit happens all the time out here it seems...