Yard Safety

Guest cracked ass

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8archism

[canadian pacific conrail is serious as

fuck here in detroit...they just cracked

down 5 of my boys...they didnt even run...

they had no paint...but they still drew

their guns..]

Detroit has always been no joke, the hoboes call it the "ho chi min trail" or something like that. Too many rough areas,theft and the like i guess.

running is a good Idea only if you need to as in they've seen you and are coming after you. otherwise when you see/hear a worker coming your way you should just walk quickly and quietly hop over some lines and find a place to chill. If you run they will be able to hear you over their own foot steps. Always keep your inside voices on fellas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i dont know too much about trains but near my neighborhood there is this tressel back in some tree's above "a nice fishing hole" [says the fishers we see everyday] and me and a few of my freinds were looking for a chill spot and we found it.. when you walk down the tracks about 25 ft. into the water there is this BIG concrete thing that holds the trackz/tressel up.. is it safe to be under the tracks on that concrete when a train is going down the tracks? i have been under it at least once a day for about a week now and a train has went over everyday and i get havent got hurt yet.. unless a bean comes flying down real fast and hits me =] lemme know yer opionion's

Guest i'mlost

wow. this is really informative shit. everyone should take the time to read this cuz it's shit you need to know if you're hitting freights. thanks. bump.

Guest cracked ass
Originally posted by VaTo WiTh StYlE:

i dont know too much about trains but near my neighborhood there is this tressel back in some tree's above "a nice fishing hole" [says the fishers we see everyday] and me and a few of my freinds were looking for a chill spot and we found it.. when you walk down the tracks about 25 ft. into the water there is this BIG concrete thing that holds the trackz/tressel up.. is it safe to be under the tracks on that concrete when a train is going down the tracks? i have been under it at least once a day for about a week now and a train has went over everyday and i get havent got hurt yet.. unless a bean comes flying down real fast and hits me =] lemme know yer opionion's

Unless a car is leaking, the train derails, or the bridge collapses, don't worry about it. I would worry about walking on a trestle, people do it all the time and get caught up there and killed by passing trains.

The only problem I can see with being under the train bridge is how the hell are you going to bench the trains frome there?

Guest fr8lover

one of the scariest moments in my life was when i ran and ducked under a centerflow hopper to flick the other side of the train and as i was going under they put the air in and the train started moving not 30 seconds later...i got my flicks but i still remember that day, really really fucked up.

Originally posted by cracked ass:

Unless a car is leaking, the train derails, or the bridge collapses, don't worry about it. I would worry about walking on a trestle, people do it all the time and get caught up there and killed by passing trains.

The only problem I can see with being under the train bridge is how the hell are you going to bench the trains frome there?

im not really talking about a place to bench, we use it for a place to practise and a place to chill when no one has anywhere to go,thanks for the advice tho =]

yo...cracked that shit was real helpful. yesterday me and my boy were at our local yd and they started humping and shit and if i wouldnt have read this i woulda had no clue what the hell was up...anyways thanx and peace.

oh yeah i have the deadtrainbums.com stuff

username:dead

password:bums

i dont know half of a quarter of the shit the rest of you guys do but try working out hand signals with your boys avoid talking and always watch out. and you know the gravel on the tracks isnt as loud as you think (its louder when youre doing the running) you can only hear it about ten feet away

• 1 month later...

xero-

whereas lots of people are in the position to paint in the daytime (lucky bastards) this post is just about general yard etiquette. i know that lots of heads hang out at or around the yards in the daytime- taking flicks, scoping trains, whatever. the term for this is basically benching.

there's usually some workers or running engines in my tiny yard. they mostly recognize me and my camera, but we stay out of each others way.

realize that many yards and layups are different- some are always moving and busy all the time and some trains only get moved at 1 am once every 2 weeks. but if you're gonna venture over the tracks, all of this information is crucial. easy to get your ass killed out there.

Originally posted by Xeroshoes:

alright i dont know jack shit about trains....but from reading this it sounds like you paint in the day, because why the fuck would workers be humpin trains and all in the middle of the night? Is it chill to paint in the day?

the railroad never sleeps. they move shit 24/7

Guest cracked ass

Railroads run 24/7, as was just stated. Most yards are PLENTY active at night, sometimes just as much as in the day. Do NOT take the liberty of assuming you can paint in the day. It is rare to be able to paint trains in the day, anywhere, and it's always riskier without the cover of darkness. Xeroshoes, it sounds like you need lot more knowledge and yard watching under your belt before you get into trains.

last time as was at my local yard, some workers drove up to my friend and i as we were leaving and asked what we were doing, we told him we were just taking pictures and he started asking if my friend was a model, anyways, there is this big tower sort of thing in the middle of the yard, and he said if you go there you can get written permission to be in the yards, i was just wondering if anyone has done this?

THANK YOU SO MUCH cracked...

this sheit makes me appreciate graffiti artists more.. i mean, LOOK, we go thru all sorts of risks jus to paint....haha..i love you guys and much respect.!

i too love joker, i wish he will marry me...

------------------

-=etar}i{rate=-

I had a similar situation to fr8lover's above occur just last month. In the local yard with (of all things) a culture documentarian (read:younger kid with video camera), I peek under a boxcar to make sure the coast is clear--while warning so-called documentarian never to go under a train.

Damn thing started moving less than a minute later.

With that in mind, thanks to cracked, ese, all who contributed knowledge, all who bumped, and all with that peculiar but particular affinity for aestheticizing large moving objects.

Bee Aware.

rewire

-------------

"I wouldn't be caught dead underneath a train."

• 4 weeks later...