michael savage gets canned(finally)

Guest BROWNer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

MSNBC fires Savage on anti-gay remarks

DAVID BAUDER

Associated Press

NEW YORK - MSNBC on Monday fired Michael Savage for anti-gay comments.

The popular radio talk show host who did a weekend TV show for the cable channel referred to an unidentified caller to his show Saturday as a "sodomite" and said he should "get AIDS and die."

"His comments were extremely inappropriate and the decision was an easy one," MSNBC spokesman Jeremy Gaines said.

There was no immediate comment from Savage, according to a spokesman at his office in California.

The brash, tough-talking Savage is one of radio's hottest jocks. His Paul Revere Society advocates closing borders, deporting illegal immigrants, mandating health tests for immigrants and eliminating entitlement programs.

The televised version of "The Savage Nation" began March 8 despite the protests of such advocacy groups as the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

Aired at 5 p.m. EDT Saturday, Savage didn't translate into a television hit. He increased the ratings for the time slot marginally, according to MSNBC.

The incident that resulted in his firing began innocently enough. Savage was taking viewer phone calls about airline horror stories, and a male caller began talking about smoking in the bathroom.

"Half an hour into the flight, I need to suggest that Don and Mike take your ..." the caller said, before he was cut off and his words became unintelligible.

"So you're one of those sodomists. Are you a sodomite?" Savage asked.

The caller replied: "Yes, I am."

"Oh, you're one of the sodomites," Savage said. "You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. How's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig. You got nothing better than to put me down, you piece of garbage. You have got nothing to do today, go eat a sausage and choke on it."

He asked for another phone caller who "didn't have a nice night in the bathhouse who's angry at me today."

These bums "mean nothing to me," he said.

GLAAD spokeswoman Cathy Renna said of Savage's firing: "It's about time.

"This latest attack made the clearest case for why Savage has no place on any reputable news network. MSNBC witnessed firsthand exactly the kind of verbal assaults GLAAD's been warning them about for the past five months, and to their credit, they backed up their promises to hold Savage accountable."

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/enter...ent/6251351.htm

Originally posted by Kilo7-

Does anyone else know of the syndicated columnist Dan Savage?

I dont suppose they're related, all though that would be funny as hell.

I usually read his weekly column, and I've read Skipping Towards Gomorrah, which was a real good read. I recommend it.

Here's Amazon's description:

Someone has to speak up for the sinners, and syndicated sex columnist Savage thinks he's the man to do it. Irritated by proselytizing from "virtuecrats" conservative pundits like Bill O'Reilly and Dr. Laura, Savage argues that whatever consenting adults want to do in the privacy of their own homes is their own business. Smoke pot? Fine. Host an S&M fetish party? Sure. Savage organizes his book into seven chapters, each devoted to one of the deadly sins: greed, lust, sloth, gluttony, envy, pride and anger. Some of these, of course, are more interesting than others. Who wouldn't rather read about lust than sloth? But Savage dutifully does a nice bit of "undercover reporting" for each sin, checking out a swinger's party for "Lust," visiting Las Vegas for "Greed," attending a fat acceptance convention for "Gluttony." He reports that, unsurprisingly, most Americans who indulge their vices are in fact nice, normal people who believe in God, care for their children and pay their mortgage. Therefore, Savage says, the government and the virtuecrats should leave them alone. So far so good. But Savage tends to underestimate the problems raised by overindulgence in the seven deadly sins. "Yes, fat kills people, but we all gotta go sometime," he writes blissfully from the fat acceptance convention, where 600-pound women complain that dieting suggestions are "sizeist." And he doesn't fully recognize the seriousness of gambling addictions: the intense rush he felt after losing $3,000 at blackjack was "worth it." On the whole, however, Savage hits the mark and gives advocates of personal and sexual liberty the hippest, sassiest voice they've had in a long time.

Originally posted by BROWNer

"Oh, you're one of the sodomites," Savage said. "You should only get AIDS and die, you pig. How's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig. You got nothing better than to put me down, you piece of garbage. You have got nothing to do today, go eat a sausage and choke on it."

:lol:

anyone who says this on national tv is ok in my book

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

No, no, no .. that's DAN Savage.

This prick is MICHAEL Savage.

Z, that's not "light-hearted" humor. That's bigotry and intolerance.

What about the dude is on point?

the poop dood comes through again. not only witty and humorous, but intelligent as well. interesting.

Originally posted by T.T Boy

he looks like he smokes alot of pole for an anti gay man.

haha, do any of you guys remember when randy and mr.leahey dressed up as a bumble bee and indiana jones?

that was hilarious. It's too bad Michael Savage got booted. I never got around to watchng him. My bro used to force me to watch Limbaugh, and I grew to love him in a bad way.

Guest BROWNer

dude's havin' some bad luck, recently he tried,

unsuccessfully, to sue a bunch of website owners

becuz their sites made fun of him..

and o'reilly..i can't wait to see his ass gone.. just look at the dude..

..he looks so fucking arrogant with that werewolf hand...

o'reilly recently got sonned by al franken in front

of a live audience..franken totally smashed his azz.

word up. peace out ya biatch.