Air Conditioning (or lack thereof)

Ski Mask

arrrrrrghghghghg. The AC in our building is out and its fucking killing me. I work on a floor with no opening windows, direct sunlight, and a couple hundred computers that are on 24/7. Its getting stank in here. On a positive note....some of the Managers just went out and bought us all DQ ice cream for our troubles. too bad it was a melted mess by the time I got mine :o

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I work in one of the exact same buildings...its a POS, windows won't open and the ac unit was always too small for the building size. At least I'm on the "good" side of the building. Its been working fairly well this year so far...of course I probably just doomed us by typing that. oh well....I've got sick days.

yesterday it was 95F in my apartment

luckily i grew up without a/c

i kinda couldnt care less

if it gets to 100 i'll put in my window unit so i can get to sleep

now i'm still ok with the fan

take it easy

buy ice cream

take a cold shower

drink stuff

twas hot down there! boston is so much cooler, glad for that one thing.

i don't know how you can sleep in that heat.

i'd live in the shower, but then when u get out it doesn't matter that you took the shower in the first place.

it's interesting to notice how many people drive around with their windows up. more on my "isolation" observations

a/c makes you spoiled. like me. no sleep last night because i had no a/c or a fan. if i had a fan, i would be alright. i grew up without a/c but last year i had an appartment with a/c, now all i have are some ice cubes and the basement floor.:(

the ac is directly in front of my face (behind the monitor...) blasting niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice cold air at me. it might be 150 out right now. i dont know. i havent been outside. luckily, in my world, its currently 60 and im sporting a sweatshirt because its getting a bit nippy in here. time for some soup.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

word...only time I use the ac in my car is when I have one of those fine ass ladies that melt when it gets too hot.

yyyyyyyyeah me too. i dont really mind sweating it out myself but as soon as someone else gets in the car the a/c goes on.:rolleyes:

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I've grown up with AC, but I don't mind heat half as much as I mind the cold during wintertime. Last summer I survived with a fan and a bowl of ice sitting in front of it.

And this week I've been back up in Providence, sleeping on my friend's couch, and I have woken up in a puddle of sweat three days in a row now. It's really odd, PR is this hot all year round, yet the heat feels refreshing no matter how hot it gets; over here it's just suffocating. I think I'm gonna switch my sleeping quarters to their halfpipe deck tonight... it might be plywood surface, but at least they have a fan up there.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Haha, no, didn't occur to me at the moment, but that's a good idea actually...

What I did do was take the concept to the limits of ghettoness a few times at first.. I filled up the ice trays, and while still liquid, dipped a strand of kite string along each row of the mold spaces, then put it in the freezer... a few hours later, BOOM, ice on a string. Hang the string right across the front face of the fan, and you got Mega AC blingstyles ZX200. For like, 6 minutes, and then the ice melts and makes a huge mess. Decided to go back to basics with the bowl.

Edit: Zee Zee, yeah, we had a show in the US, which sucked, but it's been cancelled for a while... having been here 5 years now, I can tell you straight up that there's absolutely nothing worthy of making a show about here.

why not just wear the ice cube string around your neck?

Last summer before the a/c I used this little baby....

Get a spray bottle with a mist nozzle and keep it in the fridge.

Then pop it into the freezer for a few minutes or maybe in a cooler

filled with ice water and then spray! A few shots on the neck and arms

and your breaking the fever.

Originally posted by Zee_Zee

You're damn right it sucked...... but i dunno it still looked like a nice place.....if it was made in providence but yeah kinda boring maybe? Like a country town sort of...maybe i got the wrong idea anyway no big deal

hahahahaha theres no city anywhere that looks like that.

i only have a fan, and it gets fucking hot in my room at night

i'm into the homemade a/c

since i work in a lab i have access to dry ice..i've taken huge blocks home before and just sat them in the middle of the room..they vaporize, so no mess

growing up without a/c was a lucky thing

i think that shit skews the bodies perception of heat..maybe it's just psychosomatic..i dunno

plus i love fresh air..

even if the 'fresh' air around here is polluted

i'm doing a ok this summer though..it rained so goddamn much already i feel like we got off easy..june was calm and cool

i kind of detest blasting a/c in the summer..it's fucking summer! it's supposed to be hot.

fools setting the heat at 78 in the winter and the a/c at 65 in the summer. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Originally posted by ese

arrrrrrghghghghg. The AC in our building is out and its fucking killing me. I work on a floor with no opening windows, direct sunlight, and a couple hundred computers that are on 24/7. Its getting stank in here. On a positive note....some of the Managers just went out and bought us all DQ ice cream for our troubles. too bad it was a melted mess by the time I got mine :o

niggah stop your bitching...I sat in my hot ass room doing nothing all day...geez the nerve of some people:rolleyes: