Bicycle photo thread

Joker

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by unknown:

DIBS, what are the specs on that fixed gear?

the frame is a 63cm(from bb to tt)im not sure what the top tube measures to the headset,its a old converted road bike,the wheele set is a 27" with flip flop hub(wich i just recenetly stripped out and is totally useless, so im in the market for a new wheele set)its a 48/14 ratio,i think.

devilush,ill see the bike and collect those zines soon,i know ive been kinda flakin,but well cross paths soon.

Guest HESHIANDET

i saw a sticker once it said "FUCK COASTING".....learn it kiddies. dibs are sure your hub is stripped? i thought i stripped mine once but upon further inspection it was just my lockring being fickle. I brought it to the shop and had them properly tourque and loc-tite it back on. i guess you can only half ass the thing on w/ a flathead and a hammer so many times. why i don't just buy a damn lockring tool is beyond me.

Originally posted by cinnamon toast crunch:

damn joker, nice bike, but i just bought a new Lightspeed Tuscany. That thing is sweet. Joker you do any racing?

A little bit so far this year. I broke my collarbone in a track race a little over a month ago so I've slowly getting back out there. But the key word is slowly. I'll probably continue training for the rest of the year and pick up with racing again next spring. I'd really like to do the Tour of Willamette here in Oregon, but we'll see how my form is come that time.

A Tuscany?!! Damn! You're rich or something. Those are pretty nice bikes. Do you do any racing Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

joker, That sucks!!! sorry to hear about the collarbone. Yeah do some road racing I just go 3rd in the virginia state roadrace for 17/18 year olds. In the winter months I race cyclocross about every weekend. yeah i just picked up the bike today and it is awesome. The bike didn't cost to much i got a nice deal through my sponcers. Hope your collarbone heals soon

unknown....okay on how to stop on a fixed gear, you can have a brake put in...that is if you have a brake hole. but if you don't then you have your leg strength to stop. which is, when you ride a fixie, you are in motion all the time. your bottom bracket is specially made to keep the pedals going so you'll get a work out pretty much. and when you stop, or learn how to stop, you have to shift all your weight forward and start clamping back your pedals. that's when the bottom bracket kinda goes back and helps you stop. you don't stop directly on spot. you kinda do a skid and you control that skid. as for controling your speed, it's kinda up to the gear ratio of the cog. and how you reptition your strides. does that make sense?

Originally posted by HESHIANDET:

i saw a sticker once it said "FUCK COASTING".....learn it kiddies. dibs are sure your hub is stripped? i thought i stripped mine once but upon further inspection it was just my lockring being fickle. I brought it to the shop and had them properly tourque and loc-tite it back on. i guess you can only half ass the thing on w/ a flathead and a hammer so many times. why i don't just buy a damn lockring tool is beyond me.

heshiandet,you could be very right,i know 100% that the lock ring is totaled,so before i buy a wheele im gona get a new lock ring and try once more,but i think that the threads on the hub are gone too.i just started working as a wrench at a shop so ill get it figured out and back on the road in no time.although my shop doesnt carry track parts,i can special order them.woo hoo.

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666:

http://www.wfu.edu/~andrewca/pictures/clagrandaddy.jpg'>

"We like bikes...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

my black friend from oakland asked me.."do you know why white people always have red in thier eyes when they take pictures?"

"no."i replied..."because they're the DEVIL!"

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>

whats up with all the ten speeds...doesnt anybody get down with RAD anymore?

------------------

its better than jacking off!!!!

Archived