Half-Life & Counter-Strike for FREE (not juarez)

Dirty_habiT

FilePlanet and Founder's Club Subscribers are invited to beta test Steam 2.0, the streaming technology being developed by Valve Software. Some of the perks include free access to Half-Life, Counter-Strike 1.6, Opposing Force, Team Fortress Classic, and Ricochet! Play gaming masterpieces for the first time, or relive these classic, timeless games for FREE. Half-Life is a great primer for HL2, and this is the only way to play CS 1.6 currently.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/steam/

Or, you can click the link, saving you the registration for Fileplanet because it's a link directly to some mirrors.

Steam2Install.zip - (4.11M)

Using the Steam Beta is not recommended for 56ks'rz, else prepare for a long download.:lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ARCEL

hey dirty, how long does it usually say "preparing to play" ?

For a minute or two. If you've played cs the normal way before, you'd know it takes a couple minutes. If all else fails, just sign up for a membership at FilePlanet. I have one, it allows me to download new things right when they come out, like demos and patches.

The file works, it works for me. I am proof of this concept. If it doesn't work for you, keep trying or sign up..... you could always just give up too, but that's llama like.