dee-jays [ digital multi-track recorders] S.O.S.

One_in_Ten

Okay so i need to get some sort of digital multi-track recorder to make better cds.

really its just an excuse to buy a new toy.

heres the problem, even with the same needle

all my mixes end up with loud and soft ares i need to be able to even it out.

suggestions?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yo, umm..pro-tools...as far as software. if you can't afford that, i suggest sonic foundry sound forge 6...

as far as hardware, check out turtle beach. they have a great line of soundcards.

fruity tracks is another great piece of software....plug for fruity loops...i used this shit in the production of mariah carey's last album

i'm joking about mariah carey.

are you using shitty needles? iv never had that problem.

if you want a cheap digital multi track recorder, just use a wav program and run a line stright out of your mixer into the input of your sound cord and record it into a wav file, then mix it all together with acid or somthing. thats what i would do, but im not trying to make anything crazy and im fine recording straight to wav files, and using the level indicators and volume faders to keep the levels even

if you like softwear. get pro tools, acid pro, cool edit pro. or something like that. got to a search engine and type multitracking sharewear, you will find a bunch of programs that will do what you want. i use cool edit pro and it has an option to equalize tracks. i imagine that would take care of the problem you have

if you like hardwear:idea: cheack out some boss recorders. you can get a dope digital multitrack recorder for like 300

just use a wav program and run a line stright out of your mixer into the input of your sound cord and record it into a wav file, then mix it all together with acid or somthing. thats what i would do, but im not trying to make anything crazy and im fine recording straight to wav files, and using the level indicators and volume faders to keep the levels even
um..... do you relize how fucking hard it would be to realign all of the tracks in perfect time. almost imposible

Originally posted by vestaxboggie

um..... do you relize how fucking hard it would be to realign all of the tracks in perfect time. almost imposible

i guess i missunderstood the question, i though he was having a problem keeping the sound at a constant level?

Originally posted by dosoner

i guess i missunderstood the question, i though he was having a problem keeping the sound at a constant level?

there is a level problem. But i get 60 minutes of records then mix it in one shot so i need to record it all at once.

thanks or th ideas so far.

ill look in to the boss recorders.

the normalize: wont that take Legitimately soft sound areas amd make the volume the same as a loud area?

I would save up and get pro tools...My broke ass did...And I know what you are talking about with the levels being off...My advice would be to know the all the levels of the records before recording, and adjust before you mix...Plus in Pro tools there are all types of mixing features to help with sound...Plus you can use effects on voice overs and what not...The Mbox runs about 500...Well worth it...You need a pretty good computer with good memory...I got a G4 and needed extra memory, and I need to get more because the files take up mucho space...I dont know about any digital recorders though.....

Guest BROWNer

fuck buying protools when you can get a

basic FREE version here: www.hitsquad.com/smm

go there, then pick what platform you use, then

go to 'audio recorders' or maybe 'editors' and there

is a free, basic version of protools there. you get

pretty much all you need unless you're some fucking

bob rock kind of turd producing the next eagles album.

Guest TEARZ

haha, serum, honestly i was gonna write that... the gain does well for me. if you know your records, and punch in your mix 1st through your headphones, you're usually good. but maybe there's some other circumstances at work here...

I have software. But i need to record each turntable on its own track.

play mix on two turntables->

record the output from each turntable on its

own track.->

adjust the levels of each turntable track.->

add effects, whatever->

master, burn done.

most of these software packages give you great and sophisticated tools to edit and manipulate the music. but they are less concerned with handling the recording of it in the first place.

Unless im worng?

Originally posted by vestaxboggie

what kind of music are you trying to piece together? i hope to god its some turntablism and not some techno garbage you shouldent be touching

mostly dancehall, roots and culture , with a lil hip-hop. Im not the best turntablist but ill run a party/club with the best of them.

and it s really any kinda turntablism if you need software to put it together, You gotta do it like a show Live and keep it moving.

just say NO to techNO