OBEY...

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

This one comes from www.obeygiant.com .

IMPORTANT:

Attention!!! I have been hearing reports of people using Obey/Giant stickers recklessly, such as covering other people's stickers and putting several haphazardly adhered stickers on the same box or pole. Please use common sense; don't cover other people's work and don't burn out spots with sloppy overkill. I appreciate people helping out but I don't want to have my work improperly represented. Please pass this message on to any supporters who may be overzealous and inexperienced. You can't expect respect if you don't show it. Thanks for listening.

OK here's how i see it.If you dont want your work "improperly represented" then dont give other people the opurtunity to post your shit.

This guy gets fame and money from the people that support him.Its to these people that he must show some respect.Not to mention that uncontrolled posting of those posters and stickers is the only interesting thing on this "obey giant project" since all his graphic design thing is just a cheap rip off from the russian propaganda and the previous graphic design scene.The only thing that he added was the fact that you could see that shit everywhere and over everything,that was the whole point.

And he talks about getting respect.FUCK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

OK, i feel like explaining this some more so i am clear.

1)I dont think it has to do with money.Since Shepard was selling his stuff from the moment he could(which is not a bad thing)its still the same.It has to do with respect.

2)Since Shepard is not posting his stuff by him self.I doubt that anyone would have beef with him because his stuff is over him.

We all know that this is how it works.

No copyright for surfaces.

When an individual writer YOU choose where your shit is and not.

When in Shepards position you understand that from day1 you produce something you cant control except from its visual thing.

I dont think anyone has a problem with that.

3)The people that are part of this project are motivated to do so.I find them weird to, posting other peoples shit instead of their own. But the blame as well as the credit does not go to them.It goes to Shepard.

So all i am saying is that since Shepard took all the credit because of the massive uncontrolled appearance of his shit everywhere and all this because of all this kids around the world that helped him move his project.I thing he must show respect to them and realise that the aesthetic part of his work is the only thing he can have under control if he doesnt want his project to become an oxymoron.

4)Anyone that found shepards shit over his and blames shepard for that is an idiot.

Its just the product of some kids that dont show respect plus they dont have the balls to go over someone with their name and take the heat of their actions.

5)Dont get me wrong, i like his work and his project its just that this note shows that he doesnt realise the rules of a game he started.

Archived