losing my religion

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My family is Christian, but don't go to church, etc. I kind of grew up questioning religious teachings and trying to formulate my own faith. What I have come up with so far is this:

1. A higher power exists. I can only venture a guess that it is a pure energy of some kind that cannot be understood by man. My basis for this is that scientific atheism cannot explain what happened to create the universe. We can measure the effects of the big-bang to about 6 seconds now, but we haven't the slightest clue of what happened in those 6 seconds. In any event something outside of this universe had to have caused the catalyst as enery cannot be created nor destroyed. If someone can prove this wrong without resorting to a "common physics breaks down" type of argument I'd be happy to listen.

1.1. The Universe is composed of energy which man cannot understand, although it operates on all levels of life. Although I don't understand it, there are too many coincidences in life to assume that there is not some form of interconnection that is beyond our capacities to recognize.

1.2. If the higher power didn't want you to question your spirituality, you would not have the ability to do so. Also, organized religion is not the "answer" instead it is effective in certain people's spiritual development at certain times.

2. There is no such thing as an "absolute morality." There is no such thing as good or bad, right or wrong, there just is. In the physical world some things are efficacious, and some things are not. Some things detract from our personal and general social goals, and so those things must necessarily be deemed inappropriate in order to assure proper functioning.

2.1. Because we are all a part of a cosmic energy, if we do things that we as individuals believe are improper to our personal development, we detract from our ability to connect with this energy. Therefore, in order to make the most of our human existence we should avoid things that we believe are "bad."

2.2. I forget where this was said but "I am not a human being having a spiritual experience, I am a spiritual being having a human experience." The point of our existence is to gain something necessary from our earthbound existence. We should do everything possible to get the most out of this experience. In Buddhism it is said that in order to gain enlightenment one must take part in the suffering of humanity. I think this is true in that having a very "human" experience allows you to take the most part of our earthly experience.

3. After death on this Earth we will either return or ascend to a higher level of consciousness. I believe that this level is a higher molecular vibration, or a higher dimentional existence. (Note that it is impossible for a human being to comprehend a fourth dimension. The mathmatical possibilities of another dimension are interesting in and of themselves but would take too long to elaborate here.)

3.1. Because we are in constant contact with a cosmic energy we have the capability to form our current existence and to form the existence we have at another consciousness level.

I'm a big hippie on the inside, what can I say.

Originally posted by Milton@Oct 22 2005, 02:09 AM

My family is Christian, but don't go to church, etc. I kind of grew up questioning religious teachings and trying to formulate my own faith. What I have come up with so far is this:

2.1. Because we are all a part of a cosmic energy, if we do things that we as individuals believe are improper to our personal development, we detract from our ability to connect with this energy. Therefore, in order to make the most of our human existence we should avoid things that we believe are "bad."

could you elaborate on this point a bit more?

Wierd. I figured there would be an assload of haters in here. Im not that big into religion, and I cant really be put in a catagory, but I do have faith in a higher being..whatever that may be.

Kabar drops some knowledge. 12oz should pay you to do a weekly write up on whatever the fuck you want...

12oz story time presented by Kabar..

The Color Black,

what thought?

How about at nighttimes pitch black alley, or bout some chrom'd niggas

How about Red, what is the meaning of Red?

Passion, Anger, blah, blah.

Color has no meaning, it is color.

however color influences, u give that meaning.

If i put a plant in an all white room then into a red room, the plant behaves differently, as do humans.

imagination or reality

simple life,

u can write a book in one page of humanity then add to the list of animals

since i care about you two - Mrchup and Only.

i could put my cock and doubel pen bothuv'ya arses :shook:

U C the color pink, u two say "faggots."

here is another example, i wrote i'm going to brutalize your ass with my vein-burnt penis and then get both of you to lick my semen from my head...and now U think im gay. BUT DUDEI LOVEP USSY esp full flushed labiass, we luv dem clams

C Y A !

hfgs_024_01.jpg

PS all of this applies to religion

but u may be too concerned on how to insult me next

The fuck was that about? Can someone make it go away?

Anyhow, my point was this. I think that all of us are here to learn something, and to gain some knowledge about the universe that we need to progress as spiritual beings. In order to do so I think you need to be in touch with the energy that is present in the Universe. But by doing things that you don't approve of yourself, you cut yourself off from that energy. You create your own hell in a sense because you are too preoccupied dealing with feelings of guilt and shame that you can't focus enough to tap into what's out there.

Mad Hippie Status watching the indie film channel for the 14th hour today.

Archived