Black Hand

TRYB0L

I remember seeing a thread about gangs/mafia a few weeks ago. There was mention

of the black hand. Back in the day they would place black hands on letters and send them out to certain people. If you got one you were expected to pay money or be killed

or beat up. Anyway I have been in graphic design on the corporate level for a few years and decided to start my own independent company. I thought Black Hand graphics would be a good name, maybe even use some sort of black hand as a logo

and place it around for an advertisement. A few people at my current job said that would be very disrespectful to the italian community because they lived in fear of the black hand. I am going to keep the name but what are some of your opinions on the idea.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah I mean there are plenty of company names out there that could be considerd disrespectful to a certain group of people. I think its a good name and I have allot of cool ideas for the logo and other branding.

I didnt pick the name because it sounds cool. It has more to do with the history of the black hand. They would pay the black hand for protection. In a sense it would be the same thing, using my company to protect you against the compitition. By coming to me to promote your company you would have and edge over other companys designs.

thanks for the info keep it coming

if it hasn't been taken already, you're doin fucking great!

trying to come up with a good company name (keeping all the things that make it 'good' in mind) that hasn't been used before is damn near impossible..

i like black hand because it is easy to remember..yes, people have heard 'black hand' before...and it may sound intriguing and mysterious, because surely lots of those people don't know the entire history..

it also has lots of naturally following graphics..in other words. logos matching the name would be no problemo..and they could have lots of connotations..

A+

By Jerry Capeci

Junior Don Behind Curtis Sliwa Shooting

As an act of revenge for badmouthing his old man on talk radio, John A. (Junior) Gotti_ ordered the 1992 shooting of Guardian Angels founder and radio host Curtis Sliwa, according to new evidence obtained by federal authorities.

The sensational shooting is one of several acts of mob violence that the feds have now tied to the younger Gotti, (right) Gang Land has learned.

Sources say the feds have evidence that Junior ordered crew members “to teach (Sliwa) a lesson” for his repeated portrayals of the late Dapper Don as a low life gangster who deserved to be jailed for life for his April 1992 racketeering and murder conviction.

Sliwa was shot and critically wounded by two gangsters who picked him up in a stolen taxi cab outside his East Village apartment as he left for his early morning talk show at about 5 A.M. on June 19, 1992 – four days before Gotti was sentenced to life.

Shot in the back and both legs, Sliwa underwent two operations, and spent three weeks in Bellevue Hospital. On his release, Sliwa resumed his show – co-hosted at the time with his then-wife Lisa Evers – and accused associates of Junior Gotti with being responsible for the attack.

No one has been charged in the case, and until today, none of the alleged participants has ever been named.

Sliwa often refers to the shooting on his WABC radio show – now co-hosted by

radical left-wing attorney Ron Kuby. Yesterday, for example, during a promo for a health plan, Sliwa recalled how he was “shot full of lead by the Gambino family” in 1992 when he failed to practice “preventive medicine….and keep my mouth shut.”

- The mob, watch your back man, they don't mess around, nice idea though...

Archived