rcs

Guest reds

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Hated Pigeon

89's dont exist as far as I know.

It goes 87's (Airmax SC's), 88's (Airmax lights), 90's (Airmax III's), 91's (Airmax BW's), and so on........

Maybe that's why he was offering to buy me some, then ;)

What does SC and BW stand for, then??

Guest imported_sofarok
Originally posted by freeque

Maybe that's why he was offering to buy me some, then ;)

What does SC and BW stand for, then??

BW stands for big window,,,,,RCS sory for hijacking your thread...i think we should leave now...

Originally posted by HOPE RCS

Nice to have some decent convo going, by the way partone is back ..... got to get used to using this thing!....im a 12 oz virgin!

You'll get the hang of it soon enough. Good to see you on here, mate.

Stick some flicks up if you can figure out how!

you lot are weak,going mad over some trainers..fukin babies...

should have known this thread would be shit, fukin wak graff livin in the past,their new stuff is 2-bob:lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry I shoulnt have said that, RCS rule really...:lol: :lol:

oops that laugh just came out, let me try and keep a straight face....:o

naa cant do it:lol: :lol:

Originally posted by alfred

you lot are weak,going mad over some trainers..fukin babies...

should have known this thread would be shit, fukin wak graff livin in the past,their new stuff is 2-bob:lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry I shoulnt have said that, RCS rule really...:lol: :lol:

oops that laugh just came out, let me try and keep a straight face....:o

naa cant do it:lol: :lol:

:confused: Anyone?

Originally posted by yourmum

:confused: None of my biz, RCS do seem to be coming under a bit beef these days (to many legals?)....

Perhaps they dont desearve a post right now........ safe guys anywho.......

At the end of they, they made their mark on the scene, so they have a place in the history of london graffiti, as far as I'm concerned.

A lot of people hate on them for various reasons. Whatever - that is their prerogative.

What you have to understand is that if a handful of older writers want to go to a legal wall and do some pieces and post them on the internet, noone can stop them! You dont wanna see it? Don't look.

"Too many legals?" No mate... if someone wants to do pure legals that is up to them.

As for RCS being a legals only crew - no matter what you think of his style you cannot deny that Acrid has been pushing out tubes. How many of your new-skool kiddy friends have done a Viccy recently?

How many writers FULL STOP have done every single yard on the London Underground, whether that be in the past 10 years or the past 10 weeks? Very few...

I can see the argument from both sides of the fence. You have people like Alfred and co who have been writing consistently for a fair number of years, coming up to 10 in his case if my memory serves me correctly. As RCS went their own ways in the late 80s / early 90s and split from the scene, rumours have sprung up about their attitude, whta they really did, that they were a "toy crew", that "anyone could be let in".

Whatever - you hear different things from every person you speak to. Just forget about all the hype and look at the way things are now. You've got a group of old writers who have a lot of knowledge and are willing to pass this on to the current generation. Have you ever sat down and had a chat to Acrid, talked through his ideas and concepts? Have you ever had him explain the myriad of details to his pieces that any casual observer would miss at a first glance? He knows he's not the best painter, but that doesnt stop him.

Then you have people like Mace and Reds who paint crisply and are help others in the crew to do the same.

It's not about being the most "hardcore" anymore. Don't get me wrong, all respect to DDS and that ilk, who are willing and able to go out there every weekend (every day in some cases) and smash the scene. YES! That is REAL graffiti.

But don't hate on those who have a life outside of writing. Who've got important jobs, who've got a mortgage, who've got a wife and kids, yet who are STILL WILLING TO TAKE THE TIME OUT ON THE WEEKENDS and help out the next generation of writers.

At the end of the day life is too short for all the bitching that goes on in graffiti. Who gives a shit - we're just writing our names. Get over it.

yeah rcs may have jobs and shit but theyre graff is still wak full stop.

the walls they do are wak and the trains they do are even worse.

acrid was always considered to be a shit painter but he may have done every yard which he got respect for.

someone needs to give a different view than the rcs supporters and groupies..after all history depends on who is telling it

and no it isnt about being the most hardcore but how come people can still do wicked pieces on trains and rcs trains are like someone puked on the panel?

freek dont chat about me on here bruv. only I give details about myself on the internet.:cool:

yeah rcs may have jobs and shit but theyre graff is still wak full stop.

the walls they do are wak and the trains they do are even worse.

acrid was always considered to be a shit painter but he may have done every yard which he got respect for.

someone needs to give a different view than the rcs supporters and groupies..after all history depends on who is telling it

and no it isnt about being the most hardcore but how come people can still do wicked pieces on trains and rcs trains are like someone puked on the panel?

freek dont chat about me on here bruv. only I give details about myself on the internet.:cool:

Yep fair play. It is good to hear things from another perspective.

Alfred, what do you make of the account of the PFB vs. RCS beef in Nancy MacDonald's book? Is it accurate, in your eyes??

As for RCS pannels all being wack... I'm not going to argue with you over this as it is your opinion. What I am going to do is give my own opinion, which is that people like YesB and Noir are doing crisp, colourful, well proportioned pieces on steel.

Acrid, as you mentioned, has never been considered a crisp painter. Before I met him, I really didn't think he was all that. I was convinced his reputation was based on hype alone.

Having chatted to him about his ideas, though, I've got to admit that my opinion on him has changed dramatically. He's made me realise that, even though I can't paint all that crisply, even though my outlines never come out how I want them to, I can still do a pannel that I would be proud of. This is because it is about the IDEAS and THOUGHTS behind the pannel - yes, it would be great if you could paint skillfully as well, but what I love about Acrid's stuff is that he has put so much thought into everything. He is doing something different - his own thing - and all his pieces have hidden meanings within them.

If I ever meet you, I'll explain what I mean in person as it is hard to put my point across over the internet.

The only reason I mentioned how long you'd been writing was to show people that you weren't just jumping on the anti-RCS bandwagon. There is some history behind what you were saying and, even though I don't agree with you, I think that you've got a valid point, from your point of view.

But, yeh, it won't happen again.

While I've still got your attention, who else has done every yard, or close enough?

Did Bus1 manage it?

Merc-izm - you got any ideas?

Purely out of interest...

Originally posted by freeque

While I've still got your attention, who else has done every yard, or close enough?

Did Bus1 manage it?

Merc-izm - you got any ideas?

Purely out of interest...

Touch and of couse Neat have done every yard in London...

Archived