i guess we'll see where it goes from here

boogie hands

15 days from now im going to be moving in with my girlfriend of a year, im fairly confident in our relationship but im still a little scared. i feel like im married already, we even went to ikea the other day and went half and half on a large amount of furniture so now im looking at it this way....

either im going to be starting a whole new life with this girl i love

...or...

we will be entering the downward spiral of our relationship

people were always telling me you never REALLY know if your compatible until you move in with them so i figure, ive got this beautiful girl who im in love with, why not go ahead and jump into it and figure out if it will work or not....i definatly dont want to waste a good chunk of my prime on a relationship that isnt going to go the distance, why do that when i could just date....im thinking it will go well, we seem compatible enough and the only real problem we have is that were both so busy we dont get to see each other enough but then in the back of my mind i keep hearing "you never REALLY know if your compatible until you move in"....im happy but nervous at the same time....ive also been told that when couple makes a big decision like this that the stress level between partners rises until the "big decision" is executed....so mabey after a week with her all this anxiety will go away...i dont know...emotions are a bitch sometimes

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

boogie needs to change his signature now.

good luck. but get rid of the fucking ikea!! ahahahhahahaaa

heh...by the time i finish putting all this shit together ill probably be regreting it but seriously, whens the last time you put a 6 drawer dresser, a 8 foot bookshelf, a coffee table, a dinner table and two bed side tables in the back of a corrola station wagon....shit, i probably couldnt have even bought the dresser for under 600 dollars at your everyday furniture place...stuff looks nice, ill forever sing the praises of ikea...

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

boogie...

i've been living with my girl a little over a year.

its pretty fresh. if it doesn't

work, then it doesn't work and you'll know....but at least

you gave it a shot in the end....but.....you'll be fine.

if you feel good about it now, both have an income,

and your both fairly busy and not

getting in each others hair constantly,

shit should be smooth. good luck.

I'm moving in with my boyfriend (of a little under a year) september 1st. Like you boogie I have the same outlook. If it works it works, if it doesn't at least I didn't marry him.

It is slightly frighetening, I went through that stage a few weeks ago when I was like "oh shit. It's actually happening". We'd been talking about it since mid-winter. Anyway good luck to you. Hopefully if it falls apart she doesn't screw you over..

------------------

you are beautiful, just not on the inside

you shouldn't worry - expect nothing and you won't be let down. Just be very optimistic about the whole thing or ya just might jinx it. I was going to say how the two of you need lives outside of each other but you say that you're both very busy... so in turn - make sure that you guys to spend the quality time that ya'll need. Oh yeah, do your fair share of things and be sure not to forget to continue doing the 'nice stuff' for her every so often.. compromise, understanding, trust and truth are key factors to a relationship but they come into major play when living together -- I wish the both of you the best and I'm sure it will work out...

(the hard times are the true tests - either it will make you guys stronger or kill you - but if it's worth it, you'll find a way to make it work..believe me, I know.)

------------

e+m

Archived