Baseball and youth

Weapon X

Originally posted by FratGuyJoe

as a kid i loved baseball, and still to this day i watch and play the sport. i used to collect cards and autographs, but that was in the past. i played other sports as well (basketball, hockey, bmx and skate), but none of those things top baseball. maybe people are tired of players crying about money or something. i just enjoy going to the games and screaming my head off till i lose my voice. i've been kicked out of a few games already :D:

weapon x who did you get during bp?

Good to see at least one fan here. I got an Eric Hinske autographed card. He was AL Rookie of the year last year. My friend has been working on a complete team ball, and he got a few. We tried as hard as hell to get Frank Robinson's (Expo's coach) signature, but he wasn't signing.

Best believe I lost my voice temporarily.

Originally posted by .highborn

i saw the gayest shit on tv the other day it was a game were u have sticks with nets on the end and throw/ catch balls

bballs alright, soccers fun

It's called lacrosse. If you think it's gay, you're gay. It's one of the roughest sports out there. Strictly tough guys and better.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I had a feeling that most of the 12ozers would dislike baseball. I personally love it. I can easily sit and watch a game. It's not so boring if you really understand the game.

I figure it's where you're at, too. I hear Mass. and New England are big hot spots. Apparently the BoSox are under a microscope there, much like the Leafs are here. New York, of course. They have two successful teams, and there is a lot of pressure to do well.

Baseball is America's national pasttime. You guys should check out some games. I guarantee you'll start liking it again. There really is nothing like sitting in the blazing hot sun watching the boys of summer.

Just to jump in and let you know there's another baseball fan on 12 oz., I played from t-ball until I was about 11 or 12. 6 years? Anyway, it was great and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I still follow the game and have played fantasy baseball for the last 3 years. ESPN.com's is by far the best.

Oh, and the Astros are my team. Fuck the Yankees.

Originally posted by Weapon X

Good to see at least one fan here. I got an Eric Hinske autographed card. He was AL Rookie of the year last year. My friend has been working on a complete team ball, and he got a few. We tried as hard as hell to get Frank Robinson's (Expo's coach) signature, but he wasn't signing.

i have an atlanta braves team ball from 97. it took me 3 days to get everybody on the ball. i used to spend my whole summer gettting autographs with, but now i just don't really have the time to wait around for the players to arrive before the game so they can sign. my prize possesion is a Warren Spahn autographed baseball though. now i'm concentrating on the PHILLIES if i ever get time.:king:

damn, that Atlanta ball sounds sweet. Warren Spahn was a wicked pitcher. You are one lucky sonuvabitch to have that. Someone told me that HOFers are restricted from giving out too many autographs. Do you know if that's true?

How's Phillies' new stadium looking? My city has one of the worst baseball stadiums. It's nice to be able to not rain out because of the retractable roof thing, but it's just not quite "baseball" enough. Still, the odd time we are in a playoff atmosphere and have 50,000 people in the stands, it's worth it.

i detest astroturf. Think about this. Texas wanted to trade Juan Gonzales to the Expos. Sounds good, considering Juan is a Puerto Rican, and Montreal has 22 home games played there this season. He vetoed the trade, though, because of his knees. That shit shortens careers, straight up. It's more obvious in football, but it's there.

it could be true about the HOFers not allowed to sign too much. Mike Schmidt and Steve Carlton were both in last weekend and after the game i went down to catch a glimpse of Lefty, but one of the fans there said he won't sign, i'm not sure if he was trying to throw everyone off so he could be the only person waiting, but ... oh well. when i got warren spahn, it was at a sponsored event. i was one of 5 people there, because it was not advertised and the store is in a secluded area.

the new stadium is looking pretty cool. they might be trying to model it after Camdem Yards. it was initially going to be called Phillies Ballpark, but then they sold out and now the name is Citizen Bank Park :rolleyes: ...that's lame! the vet sucks and all, but i will miss all the memories.

astroturf does suck, have you ever been on the field, it's like concrete! that stuff is terrible...they should just play in the parking lot for that matter. i think that might be one of the reasons why rolen left/got traded to St. Louis:(

Originally posted by Weapon X

I had a feeling that most of the 12ozers would dislike baseball. I personally love it. I can easily sit and watch a game. It's not so boring if you really understand the game.

I figure it's where you're at, too. I hear Mass. and New England are big hot spots. Apparently the BoSox are under a microscope there, much like the Leafs are here. New York, of course. They have two successful teams, and there is a lot of pressure to do well.

Baseball is America's national pasttime. You guys should check out some games. I guarantee you'll start liking it again. There really is nothing like sitting in the blazing hot sun watching the boys of summer.

I cannot agreee with you more.

Baseball has always been my favorite sport since i was like 3. Ive been playing almost every year ( with the exceptions of the last 3)for as long as Ive known. Even today I play in a mens softball league, shits fun I love it and will never quit playing and watching.

Good thread!

GO CUBIES

the nl central is a close division... the 4th place team is also only 4 games back. i only like the cubs and the cardinals from that division though. Wrigley, now that's a stadium every fan must go to. Get ready for the Phillies Cubs series at the Vet, i'll be there.

Did you know that Pujols is a distant fourth in All-Star voting? Talk about underrated! Batting .400 - sounds good, but I just can't believe that it will happen in my lifetime.

I'm terribly upset. The Jays lost two games in a row to Detroit . The Tigers are on their way to losing 120 games this season. I'm really banking on the Jays to beat the Yanks in the next series they have.

Just got back from the Phillies game: it was very rowdy, so many drunks at the game was not pretty! final score Phils 12 Cubs 2. only 4 back of atlanta. hope someone takes the yanks out of first this year. 2003 world series will be a rematch of the phils-jays 93 series.:cool:

did you see what happened in the Cards game last night? There needs to be more brawls in baseball. That'll get the kids' interest back.

i'm still undecided as to whether this new all-star game format is good. At least it will stop lousy commissioners from calling off all-star games.

i missed it, but i read about albert pujols punching the catcher in the face though. wasn't it in the first inning too? games with brawls are the best:cool:

remember when nolan ryan punched robin ventura in the head like 7 times back in 93? that the one thing that i'll remember from nolan that i actually saw.

• 1 month later...

i don't want to sound like george f will or anything, but i live baseball. i was a bat boy for a aaa team growing up, i've met have the show. i could really give two fucks if anybody else doesn't like the game, i got enough love for baseball to go around. hollah...........

undertone immunity (just in case)

Archived