Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
seeking

ipod appreciation thread

i finished a design job and got a huge fucking check, i went straight to my local apple store and bought the 40 gig ipod. not only do i have all my music on the fucker, it works as a tiny firewire hard drive and i can take my files to school with ease.

and not only can i use it as a hard drive when it's plugged in via firewire THE THING IS FUCKING CHARGING!

it is really the most convienent piece of hardware i've purchased in al ong time. and worth every penny.

bump for ipod.

bumpyroad.

yeah so...

Ive been waiting for one forever...turns out my girlfriend....buys me one for my birthday...(=scnoogums for sure) but the thing is....mofucka hasnt arrived yet, so I wait months and months to get some dough....she tells me on saturday Im supposed to get it....on monday..and im still waiting...

godamn its going to be sweet...she even sprung for the 20 gig....once again...schnoogums. im about to go to compusa or something and check out the car connections...never have to change a cd again...nice.

shit thing came today and its sweeter than I imagined......Ive got about four hundred songs on it, and used up just about a gig...so the sweet...not too mention the hard-drive thing is going to rock.

oh by the way seeking, and whomever I went out and bought a car connectiong thing, the dudes at the store, basically wouldnt sell me the fm connector, which I guess it was a Belkin one, they said its got horrible signal and you gotta jack up the volume on it all the way just to get medium sound...so I bought instead the rca cables which were cheaper, but also you have to have duh..RCA connections, but that works awesome, just plug it and play no signal to worry about, and just rock on.

just went and bought the 10 gig one needlessly to say its fuckign bad ass i also got the clear speck product with a dock to protect it from getting scratches and etc. shit is A+++++

you just keep in mind that the ipod is $400us

this is like...56 bjillion dollars Canadian.

so keep your voices down so I dont cry.

-i figure i will get one someday...i wouldn't know what to do with all that music tho, seek was saying 2000 tunes plus...fuck. I dont think i even like that much music. (which is a lie) but you know when you have a shit load, you want to get to the good stuff, and you have to wade through 2000+ songs to do so.

-i may just get a better md, the one i have is Sony, all metal, and it works fine. At one point on my trip here in Oz the headphone jack connections became loose and I had to take it in. that cost me 30 bucks or so, im not huge into expensive shit anymore. last year i would have bought three if it wasn't for this trip overseas for a year.

- i could just buy a $400 dollar car??? but who knows. life is grand isn't it?

Guest Pilau Hands
Originally posted by seeking

today i went through and removed almost all my mp3's off my hard drive, trusting that my ipod wont crash, and i wont lose the 11 gigs of music presently trusted with its care.

seeks/fingers crossed

Seek, if you have music on there that you can't replace, or would just be a pain to, PLEASE un-do that as soon as you possibly can. A friend of mine has the 40 or whatever, and the harddrive has crashed twice. He just went to the Apple store where he bought it and they gave him a new one, but the files are gone. It seems worthless to have them on your ipod and your comp, but safer than sorry, or however that goes

I want to go grab the 20 as a christmas gift to myself, but i can almost sense that as soon as I buy it, it'll be at kmart for 69.95 the next day. I'm trying to exercise the patience to wait, but it doesn't help that my cd players are breaking one after the other.

pmub

that would not be good if it crashed...Ive never heard of that before...

Back all your shit up on DVD's Thats what im currently doing right now, just in case of anything..I hate bogging up a harddrive with music, but I would also hate to lose all those files completely.

1200 songs and counting.

Dogs are funny creatures....

It's not funny though when a thunder storm hits and your dog shits UP the wall....literally up the wall, 3 maybe even 4 feet..

I need to set up a video camera

My feet are starting to ache. Either the weather is changing or smart has something up his sleeve.

seeking & ipod kings

just got my baby today. merry christmas.

i need some help. i'm going to circuit city on a supply run tomorrow. any advice on what to pick up? i've heard that there's a new car fm transmitter that's better... any truth to this? and how about a carrying case. it seems 100% necessary. do i need to get the 50 dollar armour piece previously posted? that shit looks impenetrable, but it's chee$e. it also doesn't allow for any controlling... also, i fly quite a bit. any issues taking these things through the x-ray machine?

seamless transition can be set using the file manager, correct? (itunes).

merry christmas. and thanks.

Originally posted by Joker

First generation iPod owner, right here. Still loving it and still using it daily. No problems with it either. Thing runs like a champ and is so happy when I pick it up.

I'll upgrade to a newer one when they come out with color screens...

Seen that new G5? Metal... very metal.

Can you tell me what the advantage of a color screen is for playing MP3's?????? And if you actually think color on your music playing screen is worth the price of a whole new ipod, you must really suck at managing your money. Or mayby i dont understand?

You don't need any accessories for your ipod, except maybe a RCA cord to plug it in to the home stereo and maybe a car charger if you're a road warrior.

Those FM things are OK, but it's easier to use burned CDs when driving, less distracting too.

You don't need a carrying case- they make them all bulky and they won't slide into your pocket all satisfying-like.

DO NOT DELETE ALL THE FILES OFF YOUR HARD DRIVE.

Again: DO NOT DELETE ALL THE FILES OFF YOUR HARD DRIVE.

You CANNOT put your music back on your computer from the Ipod, some silly shit put in by apple so people wouldn't go around to each others' computers sharing music all over the place.

For anyone considering purchasing: Wait 3 weeks. They're probably going to drop the price and introduce a lower-end model after they sell shitloads of expensive ones for xmas. I've heard rumours of colors and stripes....

These things are so fucking sweet it's ridiculous. They slip into your life and refuse to let go... You never knew you needed one till a week after you got it and you can no longer imagine your life without it.

I've had an iPod for about 12 hours now. I don't know what I did before it and that was only 12 hours ago.

"Your iPod is going to be your new girlfriend" - my girlfriend.

About the price drop, I read an article about how they are going to introduce the "mini-iPod" it'll only have like 1 to 3 gigs and will cost around $100. There is also a rumor about an iPod that goes with Final Cut Pro. "HEY LET'S SWAP HOME MAKE MOVIES"

I agree with suburbian bum, the color screen is pointless. I'm content with my pale blue backlight.

Christ, I currently have 860 songs on it at a total of 2.1gigs. If I did the math right I could possibly have up to 8,1900 songs on it.

yes. after the past 24 hours with my ipod i also dont know how i ever lived without it. whenever anyones asked me about it the only thing i can reply with is "LIQUID SEX". it just seems to fit.

GO IPOD GO.

Originally posted by Tyler Durden

yes. after the past 24 hours with my ipod i also dont know how i ever lived without it. whenever anyones asked me about it the only thing i can reply with is "LIQUID SEX". it just seems to fit.

GO IPOD GO.

Hahaha, my dad asked me this morning:

"So you happy with that iPod?"

"Dad, it's THE sex."

Guest Pilau Hands

mine is currently on it's way and i'm about to mess myself with anticipation. i know the price is gonna drop the day i fucking get it, but i'm going on a trip, and sacrifices must be made. i'm itchy

Guest ctrl+alt+del

after installing firewire ports and finally getting mine to work on windows 98, my pod be dope yo.

crossin mah fingers nothin goes wrongs.

is there any particular reason you're still on win98? it seems you're about

due for an update

maybe a S@T@N-provided winxp update

Looks real cool, I'd liek to have one but I like my cds and Canadian that little Ipod would be a hell of alot.......awww hell may have to get one anyways.....

I have replaced my ipod three times over the past 8 months through the warranty. i do it everytime i see the slightest sign of something wrong with it ( having nothing to do with appearance but to do with playback quality) at times the playback has been poor. If you enable the hard drive use its REALLY smart to eject it on the desktop rather then yank the shit apart. I love this thing

yea i replaced mine once already. sometimes when i dont use it for like 2-3 days and turn it on the apple symbol pops up and thats it, cant do anything, i have to wait for the batteries to die then recharge it.

forgot to add i still love it though. im getting it hooked up to my car on wednesday!

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by WRECKONIZE

im getting it hooked up to my car on wednesday!

how doth one do this?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this