ipod appreciation thread

seeking

Originally posted by suburbian bum

How is it that you always have this expensive as shit stuff like cars and laptops and things and then complain about being broke. Either you are:

Extremely Materialistic.

Extremely unwise at managing your finances.

or A closet millionare.

the car i havent bought yet, the rest of the stuff is just a product of incredibly piss poor money management. im not materialistic, i just like toys. the only things i own of any value, are my turntables/records, lap top, camera and ipod. i've lived out of a suitcase for a year and a half... ive become good at giving up material things.

bootnik, havent gotten any emails. did you try seeking@12ozprophet.com?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, they've been discussed for a while, but until they remedy the (relatively) short battery life, it would be be a waste. when they do come out with color screens though, they will undoubtedly support video playback, which will be cool.

im not really all that pressed though. until i can find a way to encode 'the jeff corwin experience' into mpeg-4 files, i'll have no use for that.

dude, Im like, so bummed out right now. i was enjoying my pod today, and it was chilling in my bag while i was walking around. And when i pull it out after arriving at the homestead, the screen is all fucked up, it ust have been sitting next to my car keys or somehing with some magnetic superpowers in it....fuck, Im so stupid. ah well it still works, it just aint as pretty. damn the first day i had this shit....

check mail seeks

BT

• 3 months later...

SUPERBUMPAZOIDERS

Ok you Ipod owners.....My birthday is in a week or so, So I came into some extra cash, asides from some I worked for....I am seriously contemplating buying one next saturday but can only afford the 20 gig one.

-pros

-cons

should I wait? Is the 20 gig one enough ( I assume it is, I really dont have ten thousand songs I want to put on it, plus I need some space to transfer files from cpus but I know thats alotta space)

anyone have the car kit here?

my friend has the one that connects to the radio, is there a better one and is it worth the (i think) 60 bones for it, and what other accesories should I look at buying?

thanks for any help...Ive been itching for one for the longest time, hopefully Its the right choice.

Originally posted by SpyD

On another note, the Nomad Jukebox ZEN is out in the 20 and 60 GB flavors. That bad boy is bad, plus it doubles as a portable hard drive (A+)

whatchu think bout that?

http://www.nomadworld.com/products/jukebox_zen/

I think I learn more towards the Nomad Jukebox because

A) 60 Gig, yeehaw!

B) It's a portable harddrive! Which will be very handy for school.

Looking at the price difference now...

i dont have the car kit, ive just been using some sony tape adapter thing...you know, the fake tape with the cord sticking out of it. works fine. BUT, now that they came out with itrip for the new generation, im all over that shit. thats the shit that connects to the top and sends a signal to your stereo, so it will automatically play on any fm station. shit is dope. you dont lose any quality in the transfer.

yoink

ive got the 15 and while its starting to get near being full (about 2gigs left) ive got an assload of music on here. 20 should be plenty. and seriously man, once you have it, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. it's honestly that dope. one of the best inventions since the vagina.

true love... at last...

i just got a 20GB iPod and it is my best friend... the best thing about it is that it never skips...i know that sony makes MD players and there CD players that dont skip... but the iPod has really fun games(helps when my ADD kicks in at the girlfriends house... and at the movies with its super cool light up screen! i dont know though... it is my fav. electronic yet... the 400$ was worth it...

When it has seamless song transition, I'm all in it...

Well, does it? My minidisc features no gaps between tracks, but from all I've heard iPod has the gaps between tracks.

Which sucks when you're chopping up live recordings/mixtapes/multipart music.

Seeks,

yeah I pretty much figured it would be enough space, Ill update this this weekend If I do end up buying it, which is probably an inevitability..

on the car thing, I have a friend with the radio kit, he actually is about to toss it, he says it eats through batteries like crazy, and when its low on battery the signal gets shitty, so hes just been using the tape as well....but Ill see what money I have leftover to use for accesories.

i finished a design job and got a huge fucking check, i went straight to my local apple store and bought the 40 gig ipod. not only do i have all my music on the fucker, it works as a tiny firewire hard drive and i can take my files to school with ease.

and not only can i use it as a hard drive when it's plugged in via firewire THE THING IS FUCKING CHARGING!

it is really the most convienent piece of hardware i've purchased in al ong time. and worth every penny.

bump for ipod.

• 2 weeks later...

bumpyroad.

yeah so...

Ive been waiting for one forever...turns out my girlfriend....buys me one for my birthday...(=scnoogums for sure) but the thing is....mofucka hasnt arrived yet, so I wait months and months to get some dough....she tells me on saturday Im supposed to get it....on monday..and im still waiting...

godamn its going to be sweet...she even sprung for the 20 gig....once again...schnoogums. im about to go to compusa or something and check out the car connections...never have to change a cd again...nice.

shit thing came today and its sweeter than I imagined......Ive got about four hundred songs on it, and used up just about a gig...so the sweet...not too mention the hard-drive thing is going to rock.

oh by the way seeking, and whomever I went out and bought a car connectiong thing, the dudes at the store, basically wouldnt sell me the fm connector, which I guess it was a Belkin one, they said its got horrible signal and you gotta jack up the volume on it all the way just to get medium sound...so I bought instead the rca cables which were cheaper, but also you have to have duh..RCA connections, but that works awesome, just plug it and play no signal to worry about, and just rock on.

• 4 weeks later...

you just keep in mind that the ipod is $400us

this is like...56 bjillion dollars Canadian.

so keep your voices down so I dont cry.

-i figure i will get one someday...i wouldn't know what to do with all that music tho, seek was saying 2000 tunes plus...fuck. I dont think i even like that much music. (which is a lie) but you know when you have a shit load, you want to get to the good stuff, and you have to wade through 2000+ songs to do so.

-i may just get a better md, the one i have is Sony, all metal, and it works fine. At one point on my trip here in Oz the headphone jack connections became loose and I had to take it in. that cost me 30 bucks or so, im not huge into expensive shit anymore. last year i would have bought three if it wasn't for this trip overseas for a year.

- i could just buy a $400 dollar car??? but who knows. life is grand isn't it?

Guest Pilau Hands
Originally posted by seeking

today i went through and removed almost all my mp3's off my hard drive, trusting that my ipod wont crash, and i wont lose the 11 gigs of music presently trusted with its care.

seeks/fingers crossed

Seek, if you have music on there that you can't replace, or would just be a pain to, PLEASE un-do that as soon as you possibly can. A friend of mine has the 40 or whatever, and the harddrive has crashed twice. He just went to the Apple store where he bought it and they gave him a new one, but the files are gone. It seems worthless to have them on your ipod and your comp, but safer than sorry, or however that goes

I want to go grab the 20 as a christmas gift to myself, but i can almost sense that as soon as I buy it, it'll be at kmart for 69.95 the next day. I'm trying to exercise the patience to wait, but it doesn't help that my cd players are breaking one after the other.

pmub

that would not be good if it crashed...Ive never heard of that before...

Back all your shit up on DVD's Thats what im currently doing right now, just in case of anything..I hate bogging up a harddrive with music, but I would also hate to lose all those files completely.

1200 songs and counting.

• 4 weeks later...

seeking & ipod kings

just got my baby today. merry christmas.

i need some help. i'm going to circuit city on a supply run tomorrow. any advice on what to pick up? i've heard that there's a new car fm transmitter that's better... any truth to this? and how about a carrying case. it seems 100% necessary. do i need to get the 50 dollar armour piece previously posted? that shit looks impenetrable, but it's chee$e. it also doesn't allow for any controlling... also, i fly quite a bit. any issues taking these things through the x-ray machine?

seamless transition can be set using the file manager, correct? (itunes).

merry christmas. and thanks.

Originally posted by Joker

First generation iPod owner, right here. Still loving it and still using it daily. No problems with it either. Thing runs like a champ and is so happy when I pick it up.

I'll upgrade to a newer one when they come out with color screens...

Seen that new G5? Metal... very metal.

Can you tell me what the advantage of a color screen is for playing MP3's?????? And if you actually think color on your music playing screen is worth the price of a whole new ipod, you must really suck at managing your money. Or mayby i dont understand?

You don't need any accessories for your ipod, except maybe a RCA cord to plug it in to the home stereo and maybe a car charger if you're a road warrior.

Those FM things are OK, but it's easier to use burned CDs when driving, less distracting too.

You don't need a carrying case- they make them all bulky and they won't slide into your pocket all satisfying-like.

DO NOT DELETE ALL THE FILES OFF YOUR HARD DRIVE.

Again: DO NOT DELETE ALL THE FILES OFF YOUR HARD DRIVE.

You CANNOT put your music back on your computer from the Ipod, some silly shit put in by apple so people wouldn't go around to each others' computers sharing music all over the place.

For anyone considering purchasing: Wait 3 weeks. They're probably going to drop the price and introduce a lower-end model after they sell shitloads of expensive ones for xmas. I've heard rumours of colors and stripes....

These things are so fucking sweet it's ridiculous. They slip into your life and refuse to let go... You never knew you needed one till a week after you got it and you can no longer imagine your life without it.

Archived