ipod appreciation thread

seeking

Originally posted by krie

Do you have to have a MAC to use one ?

nope. if you have a pc with usb2 or firewire your good to go i think.....i hope it works as good as it would for the mac because i have a pc and im planning on buying a real nice sony laptop soon...it has firewire and all that. so then it will be ipod time.

seeks (or whoever would know...) how many songs can you get on the 15gig? theres one that takes 7500 but i dont think it says which one on the mac site........as long as i can get 1-2 thousand on there im more than fine. my "library" of songs i actually listen to is probably only 800 anyhow.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tyler,

thats the 30gig. ive got the 15, and right now i have 2125 songs on it, with another 5.3 gigs unused. you could get away with the ten no prob.

recording:

actually, as soon the new series came out, someone pulled some hacks, and found that it does have the capability to record, albet on a usless level. you can only get about 9 seconds before the recording automatically stops, but the important thing is that they built it with a recording feature at all....not it would just take a firmware update, and you're rocking.

i got bent on some m.s. and threw my ipod off a roof at a resturant when this girl was telling me that i waste my time and need a real job. but im lovin my new one. and yes joker...the G5 is definitely the machine to have. imma get one but im still steady lovin this g4 17" display. especially on road trips.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I would enjoy these to death, and can't wait to get one, but the price has to drop. Lots of storage is cheap, mp3 players are cheap, why both of them together should cost a cent over $200 is beyond me. I'll have to wait till the hype dies down... I'm saving up my money for a G5 and a VAIO laptop.

I've had the 10gig for about 6 months. I love it, the only problem are those gay ear piece headphones dont work very good. Buy some nice sony mc100's and your all set.

Also check apple.com there is a new free software update that makes the memory and battery last longer. It helped out allot.

I also want one of these batiches, but agree with mamerro, they are expensive as shit. But that probably wont stop me from buying one soon. Thats what having a best buy card is all about fellas..yes yes.

and the G5 looks sweet, totally sweet. just when im in the market for an apple too. woohoo.

congrats bro.

why'd you decide to go with the 30, you cant possibly need that much space...

from what i understand, you can only record up to like 9 seconds with the present firmmware. the ability to record at all, hopefully withh new firmware versions, was a big reason i went with a new one, instead of a 20, for cheaper.

today i went through and removed almost all my mp3's off my hard drive, trusting that my ipod wont crash, and i wont lose the 11 gigs of music presently trusted with its care.

seeks/fingers crossed

im listenin to my ipod right now at work.. fuck its dope. i havent stopped listenin to it for about 3 weeks now. what would i be without it ?

"i used to have a tre deuce, and a deuce deuce, in my bubble goose.."

viva la ipod. :dazed:

Seeking i dont even know why I am posting this because im pretty sure my assumptions are wrong...

How is it that you always have this expensive as shit stuff like cars and laptops and things and then complain about being broke. Either you are:

Extremely Materialistic.

Extremely unwise at managing your finances.

or A closet millionare.

Originally posted by TRYB0L

Also check apple.com there is a new free software update that makes the memory and battery last longer. It helped out allot.

dude, can you tell me where you found this update ? i just check the site and all it says about updates is the 1.2 version which comes out in august ?

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666

http://www.hsj.org/cl/shades033/images/mary_jane.gif'>

"FUCK TECHNOLOGY"

hahah thats how i feel about a lot of things that i dont understand

so here is my question. Say you have 4100 songs i believe one example was... how in God's name do you find any song that you might want to listen to. Can you scan alphabetically or just have to remember them by number? What?

Originally posted by mr.yuck

so here is my question. Say you have 4100 songs i believe one example was... how in God's name do you find any song that you might want to listen to. Can you scan alphabetically or just have to remember them by number? What?

nah, you can browse by song name, album name, artist name, genre & composer.

you can also customize your playlists.

anyone got any info on that battery life patch ?

Originally posted by avils

nah, you can browse by song name, album name, artist name, genre & composer....

yeah thats what i heard, isnt basically like going through directories and what not, like fairly easy? Thats the question, yes it is categorized, but is it easy to navigate? easy to not only find things in the directories, but fumble through it with the controls?

dear god i want one so bad.

Originally posted by rental

avils...havent seen you on the 12izzy in a minute

holla.. yeah been busy with a few things, including having my car stolen, almost getting sacked etc... havent had much time to get on here. plus my comp at home is FUCKED.

drop me a line homey. avils1@graffiti.net

Originally posted by yoink

yeah thats what i heard, isnt basically like going through directories and what not, like fairly easy? Thats the question, yes it is categorized, but is it easy to navigate? easy to not only find things in the directories, but fumble through it with the controls?

man, so easy and fucken fast too.. dont sweat it. get into a apple store and ask em to show you one. you wont be dissapointed.

get an ipod up ya..

rarghhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! :huh?:

This thread is fucking awesome, bunch of people loving some little toy, i love it.

seeks, you think the recordings are good quality to use for something musically?

Im figuring there are some server problems between our email addresses, or you just havent checked your mail, holler back with your thoughts. Im getting mine tommorow :), Im gonna wear it on my belt at KRS to show everybody how stupid they all are for being there...

beetso, not making any sense....

yeah I actually got to borow one of those from a homie who was thinking about selling it, I didnt like it a whole lot. Why have some thing as stupidly shaped as a portable cd player when it could just be a fresh looking dope little box like the i pod?

my vote, jukebox thumbs down i pod thumbs up

Im all over Ch Zero tonight, somebody stop me....

Archived