some israeli sketches

mr.VIRS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest THEMEDIC
Originally posted by Beast546

Okay, I have not said anything about this whole Virs/Israeli graffiti thing, so I wanted to chime in...

Looking at this thread reminds me of reading through the two Henry Chalfant books, Subway Art and Spraycan Art. I am reminded that Subway Art displayed the work of the kings. When Spraycan Art came out a few years later, it focused on how graffiti had spread the mass of the world, as well as going from trains to walls and galleries in a matter of less than five years.

What's funny is how, flipping through Spraycan Art, you see various cities in the States and around the world where the graffiti is obviously underdeveloped (case in point, the flick of the bite of Zephyr's 'wild style' piece and Dondi's 'zoro' character from Wild Style), but the art was there none-the-less. Today, you look at some of the same cities that where featured in Spraycan Art, which at the time were just starting to be hit by the graffiti bug, and some of the best writers are now from those cities.

My point? The graffiti in the Israeli scene reminds me of the continuous infuence of this art on people the world over. Sure, these kids have some work to do, but all scenes had to start somewhere, right?

Virs is making leaps and and bounds with his letter structure. Virs, you should be extremely thankful to the writers you have met here that have contributed outlines and even basic style tutorials for your benifit! It's hard enough for most writers to find a real 'mentor' to apprentice under, so you are very lucky. You should, therefore, pass on your new-found knowledge to other writers in your scene. Help to build it up and see how far you all will come in the next few years.

Alright, that's enough. Peace.

very well said...

virs, im glad to see that your attempting painting now...

im glad you sketched alot before you picked up a can....

im glad isreal is starting a new evolution of graffiti...

im excited to see where this will be in a few years...keep it up

you all are putting in work, thats good

but for fuck's sake, listen to these people about the letter structure, i'll be happy if i never see a toy wildstyle peice painted on a wall in isreal again. it really doesnt take TOO long to get a very confident simple letter structure down (in my case it took me a year and a half of weak sketching) half of that was spent painting frieghts, which i deeply regret, but it got me experience, and even though as of right now, i've got 2 times more whack freights running then i have decent ones, i'm not going to change my name and claim king, i'm going to keep the name and show people how one can evolve in the period of 5 years.sorry, rambling, but you gett he idea.

Guest WebsterUno

nice. I hope you dont get

you hands cut off, and you spark

interest in more people.

Sucks that you have no one

to compete with. Thats part

of the fun in this 'sport'.

Battling is fun!

Guest Propaganda
Originally posted by mr.VIRS

thats the key word when i firs started this kid is sketching the exact same time like me 8-9 mounths and he still bites i come up with my shit these days

No the key point is you have no right to downtrot his work. Your at no level to be doing so. Don't you undertstand now? He may bite yes, but he doesn't come online and make a fool out of himself showing it. Do you see the difference? So he still has a slight edge in the liking.

Guest Propaganda
Originally posted by Tbious One

hahaha you foo :idea:

Half of my crew is from Kfar Saba and Dem and MG are from Kfar Saba as well...

So ppl from my crew told me its a legal wall.. :cool:

haha

Hey if im the foo or the wall is cause needs more pieces than one to be a legal with scribble on background. :crazy:

Originally posted by Propaganda

No the key point is you have no right to downtrot his work. Your at no level to be doing so. Don't you undertstand now? He may bite yes, but he doesn't come online and make a fool out of himself showing it. Do you see the difference? So he still has a slight edge in the liking.

ohh so now i m a fool? beacus i bring my bites online???

correct me if im wrong but who was the one that posted an updated piece of his name with a bitten S? not me thats for sure

Guest Propaganda
Originally posted by mr.VIRS

ohh so now i m a fool? beacus i bring my bites online???

correct me if im wrong but who was the one that posted an updated piece of his name with a bitten S? not me thats for sure

You just don't get it. Stop trying to be a tuff guy online cause it shows nothin and won't make people like you in more of ya favor. If wanna make jokes, check that certain sketch again and you will find on the page is said the proper writers bite. AT LEAST I DIDN"T LIE ABOUT IT AND TRY TO PLAY IT OFF. Now im getting sick of tired of you trying to make people feel sorry for you cause you live in Lala land. Who gives a shit. I bet people agree with me saying we feel more sorry for YOU than the place you live at. Learn to mature a bit more before slapping back with back quotes and comments and think about how I started this. "I said stop downtrotting other writers in your area cause in no place" I can easily be like any other asshole online and talk mad shit to from behind a computer screen but Im not so take the thought into mind alrite. Just keep sketching.

Guest Propaganda
Originally posted by Tbious One

lol :)

If I didn't know its legal 100% then i wouldn't say that haha...

you can slap me around for this one because you live there and know the place better than me. :D

Originally posted by Propaganda

You just don't get it. Stop trying to be a tuff guy online cause it shows nothin and won't make people like you in more of ya favor. If wanna make jokes, check that certain sketch again and you will find on the page is said the proper writers bite. AT LEAST I DIDN"T LIE ABOUT IT AND TRY TO PLAY IT OFF. Now im getting sick of tired of you trying to make people feel sorry for you cause you live in Lala land. Who gives a shit. I bet people agree with me saying we feel more sorry for YOU than the place you live at. Learn to mature a bit more before slapping back with back quotes and comments and think about how I started this. "I said stop downtrotting other writers in your area cause in no place" I can easily be like any other asshole online and talk mad shit to from behind a computer screen but Im not so take the thought into mind alrite. Just keep sketching.

wtf??? you is the one starting beef with me when i write back you get all pissed and start being all dick stfu

and why the fuck do you think i understand evrething you write ??????

wut is the meaning of thw word "downtrotting" comin on me with high language

get your ass on aim i got a new s/n

xViRsOnEx

Guest Propaganda

Beef is used to commonly with people. This isn't for a fact any kind of beef. But im gonna end it here since im using high launguage.

internet drama is the best, because you only think of it when you go online.. meaning the internet could be 2 whole different worlds, right??

yeah, i know, i come up with these elite genius theorys.. but in no way at all could i be wrong.

ha

cmon guys its just a forum, i remember when i use to think it was cool to go on the school forum which was fullfilled for drama... so lets just forget the stupid shit one another has said and keep on sketching!

right. all i ever hear on here is...this is a bite..that is a bite. fucks sake stop being petty. so fucking what if someone bit an "s". so fucking what. its only an "s". so wont you both stop being so fuckin stupid. critisism yes, "oh you copied me you bitch" no. get the picture?

You must have the hardest core painting situation in the world there. There's all soldiers and militants and shit running around and houses get bulldozed every few days- you're painting in a war zone! When you spoke about the trains, I was reminded of a quote that my brother uttered while in an airport "how sweet would it be to bomb an airplane?"

Definetly do a lot more drawing and looking at graffiti though.

Virs... cool stuff, I don't like much of it cept I actually thought the IBS thing by Dem was hot.

Anywayz, I agree with prop with the downtrottin shit, which, by the way means like lookin down on or talkin bad about somethin. Cuz you were bad mouthin ya own people and people round ya area or somewhere in the whole israel scene (which seems small anywayz) when you were that same person not long ago. It just sounded bad talkin like oh he bites, blah blah blah... ya know? Big deal, just let people round where you lvie be and if anythin don't downtrot or talk shit bout em, but help em out.

Anywayz, you been improvin and yea, cool post, peace.

Originally posted by JayFo

Virs... cool stuff, I don't like much of it cept I actually thought the IBS thing by Dem was hot.

Anywayz, I agree with prop with the downtrottin shit, which, by the way means like lookin down on or talkin bad about somethin. Cuz you were bad mouthin ya own people and people round ya area or somewhere in the whole israel scene (which seems small anywayz) when you were that same person not long ago. It just sounded bad talkin like oh he bites, blah blah blah... ya know? Big deal, just let people round where you lvie be and if anythin don't downtrot or talk shit bout em, but help em out.

Anywayz, you been improvin and yea, cool post, peace.

now thats the kind of post i like to see. who CARES if people bite, all you complainers want is something to bitch about, if not youd simply say 'hey that style looks very similar to so and so's style!'... but you dont..

Archived