some israeli sketches

mr.VIRS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sypher????

the dude is suffering from the lack of letter structure the first sketch if his is is a total bite out of mister wiggels letters

and most of his stuff isent so good.

now do you understand wut m i suffering from and wut do i have to learn from?

Okay, I have not said anything about this whole Virs/Israeli graffiti thing, so I wanted to chime in...

Looking at this thread reminds me of reading through the two Henry Chalfant books, Subway Art and Spraycan Art. I am reminded that Subway Art displayed the work of the kings. When Spraycan Art came out a few years later, it focused on how graffiti had spread the mass of the world, as well as going from trains to walls and galleries in a matter of less than five years.

What's funny is how, flipping through Spraycan Art, you see various cities in the States and around the world where the graffiti is obviously underdeveloped (case in point, the flick of the bite of Zephyr's 'wild style' piece and Dondi's 'zoro' character from Wild Style), but the art was there none-the-less. Today, you look at some of the same cities that where featured in Spraycan Art, which at the time were just starting to be hit by the graffiti bug, and some of the best writers are now from those cities.

My point? The graffiti in the Israeli scene reminds me of the continuous infuence of this art on people the world over. Sure, these kids have some work to do, but all scenes had to start somewhere, right?

Virs is making leaps and and bounds with his letter structure. Virs, you should be extremely thankful to the writers you have met here that have contributed outlines and even basic style tutorials for your benifit! It's hard enough for most writers to find a real 'mentor' to apprentice under, so you are very lucky. You should, therefore, pass on your new-found knowledge to other writers in your scene. Help to build it up and see how far you all will come in the next few years.

Alright, that's enough. Peace.

i know wut you saying i m trying to teach the kids in israel wut learned here and i m trying to be there mentor even tough i m not good enogh to be one the fact that you get supported by somone makes you wanna go on so i know wut your talking about i m trying to teach ppl to start from the basics

and i thanked those who'v he;ped me out not once but a milion times

Guest Propaganda
Originally posted by mr.VIRS

sypher????

the dude is suffering from the lack of letter structure the first sketch if his is is a total bite out of mister wiggels letters

and most of his stuff isent so good.

now do you understand wut m i suffering from and wut do i have to learn from?

SYPHER may be lacking from letter structure but his look bit more tasteful than yours. He bites and all as you say but you did when you first started as well as I recall. I remeber you stated in your other thread that you may be the best in your area but seems to me that it looks like you have some competition on your hands as it looks. Some of the cats down there have better can and paint control than you if you look and compare your fill you have there. Don't Downtrot your area so much cause it sucks. It is your scene, you have the choice ethier to improve it or tarnish it making it worst. It takes simple time and pratice in your part. What are the crews, what are the writers, and how long they been writing? Kind of paint you use and all and what areas do you guys paint?

Originally posted by Scott LaJock

if they isreali defense ministrey cant stop the graff what hope do they have for stopping hamas, whos literally bobming isreal to death????

oh god, please dont let this thread turn all political and shit

:rolleyes:

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by Beast546

Okay, I have not said anything about this whole Virs/Israeli graffiti thing, so I wanted to chime in...

Looking at this thread reminds me of reading through the two Henry Chalfant books, Subway Art and Spraycan Art. I am reminded that Subway Art displayed the work of the kings. When Spraycan Art came out a few years later, it focused on how graffiti had spread the mass of the world, as well as going from trains to walls and galleries in a matter of less than five years.

What's funny is how, flipping through Spraycan Art, you see various cities in the States and around the world where the graffiti is obviously underdeveloped (case in point, the flick of the bite of Zephyr's 'wild style' piece and Dondi's 'zoro' character from Wild Style), but the art was there none-the-less. Today, you look at some of the same cities that where featured in Spraycan Art, which at the time were just starting to be hit by the graffiti bug, and some of the best writers are now from those cities.

My point? The graffiti in the Israeli scene reminds me of the continuous infuence of this art on people the world over. Sure, these kids have some work to do, but all scenes had to start somewhere, right?

Virs is making leaps and and bounds with his letter structure. Virs, you should be extremely thankful to the writers you have met here that have contributed outlines and even basic style tutorials for your benifit! It's hard enough for most writers to find a real 'mentor' to apprentice under, so you are very lucky. You should, therefore, pass on your new-found knowledge to other writers in your scene. Help to build it up and see how far you all will come in the next few years.

Alright, that's enough. Peace.

I agree.

Do you guys have trains out there?

Whats it like?

We do have trains... but they dont reach to all City's and are moslty outside of cities and not inside...

We have on trains lots of security because of terrorism so from what I know its almost impossible to do anything on it...

But wait hahahaha its all matter of time 'till the first train is bombed and from there its only the beggining:dazed:

Originally posted by caL

oh god, please dont let this thread turn all political and shit

:rolleyes:

it was kind of a joke but not really. Cal i know the heavy shit gets you down, im sorry. Maybe if they starteda graf crew of palesinians and isrealis it could be a modle for the rest of the populations.....

politricks...

Guest PHYNE

:lol: :lol: :lol: loony-k :lol: :lol:

that shit is horrible.....moshe in my opinion is the best............

but who am i to judge?:dazed:

Originally posted by Propaganda

He bites and all as you say but you did when you first started as well as I recall

thats the key word when i firs started this kid is sketching the exact same time like me 8-9 mounths and he still bites i come up with my shit these days