Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DITDxCULT

Apple Powermac G5's - the fastest desktop computer in the world (big images inside)

Apple Powermac G5's - the fastest desktop computer in the world... until next month.

http://a640.g.akamai.net/7/640/51/a1f8f429416c36/www.apple.com/powermac/gallery/images/powermacG5side06232003.jpg'>

http://a736.g.akamai.net/7/736/51/fc9c7a8e32bfbd/www.apple.com/powermac/gallery/images/powermacG5hero06232003.jpg'>

http://a832.g.akamai.net/7/832/51/92e623ad584760/www.apple.com/powermac/gallery/images/powermacG5open06232003.jpg'>

Here's the spec's on the Dual 2 Ghz model:

Dual 2GHz PowerPC G5

1GHz frontside bus

512K L2 cache/processor

512MB DDR400 128-bit SDRAM

Expandable to 8GB SDRAM

160GB Serial ATA

SuperDrive

Three PCI-X Slots

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

64MB DDR video memory

56K internal modem

http://a1088.g.akamai.net/7/1088/51/1660e41e0b1244/www.apple.com/powermac/performance/images/specchart06232003.jpg'>

In “SPEC rate” tests, the dual 2GHz Power Mac G5 completed the set of floating-point calculations 95 percent faster than the Pentium 4-based system and 42 percent faster than the dual Xeon-based workstation. Integer performance was also far superior to the Pentium 4-based system and 3 percent faster than the dual Xeon-based system.

In single-processor tests, the Power Mac G5 completed the set of floating-point calculations 21 percent faster than the Pentium 4-based system and 30 percent faster than the Xeon-based workstation, while it performed slightly below both systems when executing simple integer calculations.

”World’s fastest” based on SPEC® CPU 2000 benchmark results and leading professional application performance tests against 3 GHz Pentium 4-based Dell Dimension 8300 and 3.06 GHz Dual Xeon-based Dell Precision 650. SPEC® CPU 2000 benchmarks run with GCC 3.3 and independently tested, full report available from Veritest. SPEC® and the benchmark name SPEC CPU 2000® are registered trademarks of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation.

i have a vegan mac at home. By months end i will have the new GEEfive

if you dont like macs stick with your Piece-o-Crap.

"i use a mac so i dont need to tote a mac"_______ jeru the Damaja

nononononononononononnnonononono.....no...i dont think you understood me.....MAC SUCKS!!!!!.....there.

What the fuck!?! That thing is expandable to 8gb of memory in the future. What the hell would you use 8gb for? Honestly, you'd have to have to be running photoshop, illustrator, pagemaker, final cut pro, all 5 macromedia programs, half life 2, doom 3, and be downloading like 1000 songs to even see slowdown, if any.

Originally posted by CAPiTA

That thing is expandable to 8gb of memory in the future. What the hell would you use 8gb for?

There was a time when Bill Gates said '640K is all the memory anybody would ever need on a computer.'

Jus like a hard drive.... we will fill whatever size container is put in front of us.

Guest BROWNer

huh..

nice beardo..

i never understood the whole mac/pc bitchfest.

i like macs cuz i learned on one, the OS is more

'round'(to me), and they exude ill industrial design steez..

beyond that i don't give a fack.

although you can't fuck with the new widescreen

g4 powerbook.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this