Supreme Court Up Holds Racism

Kettiecat

Schools can consider race in admissions

The U.S. Supreme Court today ruled that universities can consider an applicant's race to achieve a diverse student body.

The court ruled 5-4 to uphold the U-M Law School's admissions policy, giving universities permission to continue affirmative action programs.

But struck down the University of Michigan's controversial undergraduate point system that gave all underrepresented minorities a 20-point advantage on a 150-point scale. ----so you about 15% of the reason some of my fellow class mates got in is because they had dark skin.... hey I tan in the summer and people think I'm mexican...

"victory for higher education and civil rights leaders who argued they needed the policies to ensure integrated campuses"---- cause you know black people must be dumb and can't get in unless we give them some help

ugh I have to go to work and don't have time to fully develop this.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KING BLING
The report, released Monday, found that 23.5 percent of black households had Internet access in August. While this was up from 11.2 percent in the 1999 survey, it still lagged behind the rate for white households of 46.1 percent... The percentage of Hispanic households with Internet access stood at 23.6

By state, Utah ranked No. 1 in computer ownership with 66.1 percent of households owning a computer followed by Alaska at 64.8 percent of households. States with the lowest percentage of computer homes were Mississippi at 37.2 percent and Arkansas at 37.3 percent.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/tech/DailyN...port001017.html

Maybe this bugs me more than most because I go to U of M...

So you have undergrads applying into law school. They have lived in the same community for at least the last four years. they have sat in the same classes, with the same profs, had the same home work, the same access to things like internet and a library. They were equal. BUT when they apply to law school the minorities get a boost because... they are disadvantaged....FUCK that.

Guest TEARZ
Originally posted by Kettiecat

Schools can consider race in admissions

so you about 15% of the reason some of my fellow class mates got in is because they had dark skin.... hey I tan in the summer and people think I'm mexican...

ugh I have to go to work and don't have time to fully develop this.

take all the time you need, but you won't be able to develop anything coherent with the start you have going for yourself.

i don't even have the energy for the all too typical 12oz oppressed white kid syndrome, so i'll let your "i get tan in the summer" comment speak for the true depth of this thread.

if you can't get into the law school maybe you can get into the U of M young republicans club?

Originally posted by Kettiecat

Maybe this bugs me more than most because I go to U of M...

So you have undergrads applying into law school. They have lived in the same community for at least the last four years. they have sat in the same classes, with the same profs, had the same home work, the same access to things like internet and a library. They were equal. BUT when they apply to law school the minorities get a boost because... they are disadvantaged....FUCK that.

yes, fuck that...

I would like to make the following points:

the above situation is wack, and is where this policy doesnt work out how it was (suposedly) intended.

also, these 'unrepresented minorites' including primarily black and latinos wouldnt have a problem getting in to these types of school if they weren't neglected, and educated right in the first place. Funding in the city sucks because white people moved out of major cites, yet still control it. If this problem didnt exist neither would this affirmative action bullshit, because it wouldnt be needed. In this situation the 'rich white man' if you will, is kind of admitting, " well we fucked up before, so now we are going to try to make up fo it by letting you people into our schools"

If highschool, actually meant something in the first place you wouldnt need college to get a good job. College should be a place where you study your craft in order to master it, not career training.

but its not like people would actually try to fix a problem the right way now would they, that makes all too much sense.

Guest BROWNer

Re: Re: Supreme Court Up Holds Racism

yo fart buster, get on aim, i gotta roll out to the beach with the

quickness and

Originally posted by TEARZ

"tan"

heh. White people call this "racism"?

Maybe if anything if race was the ONLY factor it would be discrimination but not racism.

It just means they can take into consideration the fact that someone is a minority.

It usually works on a point system.

perfect SAT's - 10 points

minority - 10 points

"urban" - 10 points

athletic ability - 5 points

parents went to the university 20 points

The more points you have the better your chances of getting in there.

But trying to pull that I'm not getting in because some underqualified black kid from Harlem is "getting in cause he's black" is bullshit.

You should be complaining about the kids that get in cause their parents went to college there.

Guest ctrl+alt+del

god damn

i hate how this is a racial issue

i know a family who falls under the "minorities" label. The father is a wealthy doctor. They live in a huge mansion. Basically, they are rich as fuck and dont need any money from the government. Because they are a minority they get lots of scholarships and all that bs. Now, explain to me why this kid deserves it more than some piece of white trash male?

I dont believe it should be based on race, but based on income and where youre fam is at on the poverty level.

i dont know. maybe im wrong. maybe you guys can explain to me why it shouldnt be based on your poverty level etc.

i dont disagree with certain people getting extra help, i just see that too often its the wrong people.

Guest TEARZ

Re: Re: Re: Supreme Court Up Holds Racism

Originally posted by BROWNer

yo fart buster, get on aim, i gotta roll out to the beach with the

quickness and

haha, i just got back from the beach... holla @ the email with the SN.

-jeff paprikafart

Originally posted by ctrl+alt+del

god damn

i hate how this is a racial issue

i know a family who falls under the "minorities" label. The father is a wealthy doctor. They live in a huge mansion. Basically, they are rich as fuck and dont need any money from the government. Because they are a minority they get lots of scholarships and all that bs. Now, explain to me why this kid deserves it more than some piece of white trash male?

I dont believe it should be based on race, but based on income and where youre fam is at on the poverty level.

i dont know. maybe im wrong. maybe you guys can explain to me why it shouldnt be based on your poverty level etc.

i dont disagree with certain people getting extra help, i just see that too often its the wrong people.

this is the point i was trying to make.

getting into college shouldn't be based on the color of your skin, it shouldn't be based on the fact that mommy and daddy went there, it should be based on what you have achieved.

We need to ask ourselves why people believe affirmative action is necessary, go to the root of the problem. Is it because inner city schools suck? Is it because not enough minorities feel motivated to go to college? Is it because not enough minorities have the money to go? Fix the real problems (whatever they may be) don’t place a band aid on it and hope it just goes away on its own.

it's about correcting a bias

maybe most kids forget that segregation only ended in 1960

Jim Crow laws were laws that imposed racial segregation. They existed mainly in the South and originated from the Black Codes that were enforced from 1865 to 1866 and from prewar segregation on railroad cars in northern cities. The laws sprouted up in the late nineteenth century after Reconstruction and lasted until the 1960s.

Brown v Board of Education

that held that blacks could attend the same schools as whites was only in 1954

wake the fuck up fools

AmeriKKKa has been educating whites and offering them oppurtunities for several centuries

they have only been offering the same oppurtunites to blacks for the past 50..

ONE LIFETIME

..and don't forget...

jim crow laws may have changed..but that didn't automatically change the ATTITUDES of the WHITE PEOPLE in POWER

open your eyes.

blacks are owed a chance to right their culture

after centuries if white people beating it down

if anyone isn't convinced..check out the statistics on people who commit crimes versus people incarcerated

our society is still fuckin up the black man

the govt wants him in prison, and to stay in prison

thank god for our level headed supreme court

they can change it to discrimination based on wealth in another hundred years when the racial disparities may have been corrected

the presupposition of the title of this thread exudes ignorance.

why is it that you acknowledge replies that agree with you, yet you totally ignore a post like Pistol's that provides a better look at the reality of how much race plays a role in the actual decision.

privilaged suburbanites...