Successful

Kettiecat

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kettiecat

I will consider myself a successful adult if I only have to work 30 hours a week and can comfortably support myself. Have a loft in some big city. Be able to take maybe one vacation a year. Have time to get to know my neighbors and do some volunteering in my community. Most importantly I will consider myself successful if I have a loving support group of friends and family. :king:

What about you guys?

SHUT UP!!

should I add marry into money:lol: no seriously, I think if you played your cards right and have a good job its totally possible.

if you only want to work 30 hours a week...yes, you're gonna have to marry some money.

getting all the things you want AND working 30 hours per week....isn't going to happen. the sooner you accept this the better off you'll be.

So to bring this thread back to the topic....

Success

I've already reached a decent degree of success

if I look back at some of my achievements.

- My name's on TV credits almost everyday.

- I've got a dope pad in the best area of the city. (forget about lofts)

- Good friends to chill with and nice girls to chase.

- A job that pays me well and keeps me interested in working.

- I've been all over the world and NOT acted like a tourist.

but there's a few more things I really need to do to be a success.

- Get back in touch with my faith.

- Find the One girl to spend the rest of my life with

- Get out of debt.

- Cut a feature legnth film.

- Actually detox for longer than a week.

- Learn to be more humble.

Perfection is a work in progress.

thank you, kilo ;)

success is happiness. pure and simple. you can have all the money in the world, work 30 hours and live in a fancy loft....but none of it matters if you're miserable. but society usually doesn't see it that way, eh? i'm young, have a well paying job, just bought my own house, my health is here. i have amazing friends. an unbeliavable family. traveled to almost all for corners of the earth. but no one special to share it all with. so i'm miserable. which oddly enough, wasn't always like that. i use to be ok with being just me. then i had a little taste of what it could be like...sharing your life with someone. i don't think there is a greater high.

so as i attempt to forget, i'm setting goals. renovate the casa. exercise more. try to stop mindfucking myself. and try to accept and teach myself that true happiness is from within.

:n

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Vanity

get a job in manufacturing

work long hours

find a wife i hate that i can beat, but she won't tell anyone.

drink a lot

have my wife cry after/during sex because she cant have kids.

post her cunt on 12 oz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Originally posted by Kilo7-

I think that once you've reached a certain level of that classic 'success'

(job, house, finances and such) your need for something more lasting

really puts pressure on you. I guess it all comes down to

yeah, there's a few of us on here that are all in the same boat. if I don't stay focused on what I need to do...sometimes I just get bored. I've accomplished an awful lot by myself. I've been driven by a lot of different things, money, fame, possessions...they all tend to fade after you have them. When people ask what I want now...I say I just want to be happy....thats it. I don't need all the other stuff...of course I'm not saying I don't like having it.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

if you only want to work 30 hours a week...yes, you're gonna have to marry some money.

getting all the things you want AND working 30 hours per week....isn't going to happen. the sooner you accept this the better off you'll be.

It will happen. The problem with too many people is they want too much. I'm not talking what I want to do straight out of college, I know I'll have to do time and put my dues in, but at some point in my life I'll have my own practice and be able to create whatever hours I want. Plus, I'm not having children, so I'm supporting me. I think I'll be able to afford that loft and one vacation a year.

Originally posted byKettieCat

But most importantly I want to be surrounded by a loving support group of friends and family.

god, am i fucking bored. its def a quarter life crisis i have going on here. once you've accomplished set goals, finding new ones become...blasé. i guess my tolerance for indecision and ambiguity has become pretty damn null. i'm tired of dealing with dumbfucks that don't know what they want. or worse, don't appreciate what they have. thus my dilemma.

KaBar said it best, i think, in his survival life skills 101 thread (1st post), which only reflects the pyramid scheme you linked, kilo. you have your basic needs: oxygen, food, etc....and build on that. i'll add that age or rather, the stage you are at in you life, highly reflect your views on the definition of success. to a prepubescent teen, success is going a week without a pimple. life def was simpler when we were kids. i guess because it didn't take much to make us smile. we didn't expect much. from ourselves. or from others.

which brings me back to what mr. pres here laughs so easily at. mindfuck. don't act like you've never talked yourself into believeing shit that's not. its when your emotions supersede your relative expectations. an ugly thing. yeah, you learn. but at what cost? kills the spirit, my friend. and who knows how long, if ever, it will take to heal ? bleh.

I think I'll be able to afford that loft and one vacation a year.

as long as your working a regular 40 hours a week job...you'll be able to afford that 5 years after college (some sooner...some later). aim higher.

loopsnew...

quarter life crisis. for real. I've joked to some of my friends that I won't have the midlife crisis...because I'm already there. Kills the spirit...good words and thoughts man. healing always takes time.

Originally posted by mr_president

i think and act more maturely than most my age

that's always a strong point to have.

I was chilling with this TV producer and an assistant director

and they we're absolutely shocked to find out my age. I mean we're

buds but age never really came up. The assistant director just assumed

that we were the same age but the producer knew better. He actually said

"No hes way younger than you. He's one of those prodigies".

Well thanks... I guess.

Work, Live and Play in the same area.

That's the key to my success. Keep it local and enjoy where you are.

I dont think I'd be happy if I had to drive 45 minutes to work or if I

couldn't just pop out on foot to a patio to chill. That's very important to me.

i'm pleased with my life

B.S. biochem/molecular biology

published author

published artist

several solo fine art shows, several sold paintings

countless productions, freights, pieces

many legal walls

clean trains all over

membership in my favorite crew

vacations in europe, all over north america, about to add asia to the list

fully independent, plenty of dough, nice apartment

good earner

in excellent shape

well read

knowledgable

fantastic cook

bicyclist and snowboarder

free

:sigh: anyways.....

Originally posted by Kilo7-

Work, Live and Play in the same area.

man. kill me why don't you. that's the lesson i just learned. a hard one at that. i fell in love with a guy that was (who am i kidding... is) 12 hours from me. how dumb was i to think it could work? nah. he's playing with his new conquest while i try to live each minute as it comes. the hardest part of this whole lesson? trying to keep the bitterness at bay. i don't want to turn into some old hag with 8 cats and polyester pink hair. i want to still believe that shit happens for a reason. and that no pain really is no gain. i did learn that no matter the hurt, it felt damn good giving. without boundaries. allowed me to see what kind of person i truly am.

sometimes i think that's all we aim for is the unattainable. maybe that's what makes us keep going? to strive for what isn't definable? but maybe that's just what keeps us running in circles?

we're def in the same boat, kilo. compared to my friends, i'm a bit ahead of the schedule of norm. which is cool at times cause you feel...strong. but then, its like you just wanna fuck off like your friends do. kinda hard to explain. doesn't it seem they have more fun? the less responsible, the more carefree? i'm still debating this one. the argument has its pro's and cons, for sure.

yeah, posting private conversations is cool.:rolleyes:

funny how some people just see this thread as an oppurtunity to brag.

i'm not an imbitous person.

i just dont want to work full time.

i don't have any dellusions that a broad is going to lead me to any sort of happiness. at this point, more drama than anything.

damn loops, I've done that one before.

I think that a major part of success is understanding your needs.

Once those typical things are crossed off the list (job, home, hobbies eyc)

then the real tough ones have to be delt with. For some strange reason

it seems that the really hard goals (love, family, dirve etc.) all seem to

happend by accident. It's like there's no direct plan to achieve these things.

It's easy to make the 12 steps to reach a good job, but it's impossible

to plan love, faith, family or the 'real' messures of a successfull life.

I'll be successfull if I find a nice straw hat for sunny days.

Set easy goals and you wont be dissapointed.

funny how some people just see this thread as an oppurtunity to brag.

...lame

acknowledging accomplishments isn't bragging

neither is being proud of them

don't hate

some people have worked damn hard to get where they are...it's about setting goals and knockin em down

not bragging rights

i certainly didn't complete 5 years of college so i could brag about it

i did it to become the woman i wanna be

^ true.

I dont think anyone in here said:

"I'm sucessfull because I was born rich" or anything like that.

Pretty much everyone in here who claims to have some degree of

success has also mentioned that it's not about the degree, the status

or the money that makes then feel good about themselves at night.

i never implied being proud if what you've earned or ahving accomplishments is bragging.

stating them for no reason is.

a simple. "i can't think of anything else that i need to consider myself succesful" would have sufficed.

yeah, thats' totally what you implied

this thread is about success, and what/why people consider themsleves/their lives a success..

care to review?

...... I will consider myself successful if I have a loving support group of friends and family. :king:

What about you guys?

people are stating why/when they do/will consider themselves successful

not exactly 'stating them for no reason'

if you like, i could do that by including all my success stories in my signature

!@#$% and kilo. werd.

vanity: stating your successes is only arrogant when implied that one is better than another. read again. carefully. pride and ambition is what you'll see. and hope for a better life.

you find it funny how some people just see this thread as an opportunity to brag??? i find it fucking hilarious how some people use this thread as an opportunity to post personal IM conversations, like we give a fuck.

ignorance isn't bliss you kids. that's all you do is bastardize these fucking threads. now that's what i call a real success. fucking retards :rolleyes: my 13 year old cuz acts with more discretion and maturity.