The Babble

Al Green

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kisho kurokawa did was was referred to at the time as Metabolist Architecture.. i dont exactly understand what that means.. but he was definitely very futuristic..using progressive structural construction and materials.. especially in his earlier work.

heres a link to some of the cool stuff from the Osaka World Expo in 1970..

http://www.arch.nus.edu.sg/expo/pavilions/takara/takara.html

i dont know if people are familiar with this studio.. but they did the MadVillain "ALLCAPS" video.. which i liked alot.. anyways.. it was directed by James Reitano..and TFU studios....

so heres the link...

http://www.thunderfromunder.com/

btw they also did a masters of illusion video..and i guess all the illustration for that..

heres one from their biz markie animation:

02.jpg

btw anyone heard that biz song "chinese food" man.. only biz.

yeah.. im basically obsessed with this guys stuff..

i want him to team up with the guy who did tank girl.. for the second gorillaz album and animations... doods genius..

down with murakami...worked on Akira..did the Nike Lebron animations.. dood is off the fucking hinges.

1280.jpg

"if you could no look like lebron"...ahh engrish.

koji morimoto...!!!

japanese metabolism has is basically a japanese spatial invention that came out of a modernist precedent because of people like Kenzo Tange, who taught Fumihiko Maki and Arata Isozaki. They owe something of an alligence to my homeboy Le Corbusier. HE is so dreamy. But then came Rem Koolhaas and he reinvented the skyscraper something that hadn't been done since the metabolists I'm familiar with the work of Archigram but they're kind of silly for my taste, if your into them you can check out this other firm called SITE. The other image is of a proposal by VLadimir Tatlin (the greast artist ever.) it was supposed to be bigger than the Eiffel tower

Untitled_1.jpg.dbc0db04a5ad1c3a8590afc989c243b7.jpg

vt.jpg.4dc54d411f7a6bdf56f569554b7019b0.jpg