The Babble

Al Green

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by WebsterUno

I edited my question above...

so anyone can answer it.

i price my work by size,detail and time i put into it also on how much art supiles i use on it,

i hate it when a artist sell's simple over priced work, just becuase how well know he/she are,

anyway, looks good in here keep it up

Sorry Web... I tried to answer a few days ago but for some reason I was getting glitches on the reply page. Just couldn't see what I was typing.

Anyway -

Pricing is probably the most difficult thing to do when it comes to your art. When you're famous like Twist or Reas you've basically earned the high price quote. Guys like Dalek and Kaws are in the middle and guys like me are at the bottom. It's hard to say how you should price your stuff. The main ingredient for me is the time I took to actually come up with the shit I do. It took years of work. How do you price that? See what I mean? It's a difficult question to answer. Some guys I know will price their pieces according to the market in the city they're showing in. Meaning if it's NYC they price high... smalltown USA, price low. The problem with that is you sell yourself short by being inconsistent... if that makes any sense.