The Babble

Al Green

Thanks fist, I'm going to try and get this thread going again.

Even if no one is looking here.

No joke. I felt I was resurrecting some really ancient ish with that photography link. I always love the babble for giving me sight at the stuff I dont stumble across. Ive been looking but so much has not been Babble worthy as of late. Although Im down to 1 screen instead of two and got so used to have netflix on one and surfing on the other....hard to do both with one these days.

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok so some might not think this is "art" but it certainly is artistic. My mother for the past tens years has been making 3gs a month selling doll clothes that she makes for ebay...now etsy. Shes not one of the lunatics that plays with dolls etc. She sees it as straight business. Been featured in a magazine etc. Anyways, for quite some time she has followed this one dude Noel Cruz. He does Original One of a Kind (OOAK) repainted doll faces/bodies. His work is ridiculously good and he makes ridiculous money doing it. If you check just for the month of december hes already made 11 grand off repainting dolls. He mainly repaints movie celebrity stuff. So heres some of his stuff.....

farrah2012ebay1.jpg

44932_397139553693645_1554633346_n.jpg

noel-cruz.jpg

and my favorite....i dont even know who this guy is but the copy is so dope. Although next to the rest of the other celebs this one sold for the least amount.

zombie-boy-rick-genest-noel-cruz-celebrity-dolls-dons-doodles-19.jpg?w=830

http://www.ncruz.com/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I wish this thread would have a better flow of updates. Anyways, shifted gears this week to the clay world so heres some ceramic artists. Its funny out of a lot of artists its the Ceramists that are hard to find blogs, portfolio sites, etc for. Mainly becauses theyre usually crazy old guys that dont give a crap about computers n what not.

This guy had me buying some under glazes and an airbrush setup recently. Not to copy his style but reminded me of an old approach I never attempted. So yeah.

Jim Kemp

usingceramicunderglaze3.jpg

Jim_Kemp-sm.jpg

1272834684-kemp.jpg

Now I think that many in the art world are pushing new styles to create and explore new ideas. Yet, the clay world which is so stuck because its guided and ruled by science and chemistry there are those that really take huge leaps and create the amazing. Plus the fact that there an enormous amount of variables involved in certain outcomes you just never really know. I love that personally. Opening a kiln is like unwrapping a present and seeing a shiny toy or finding nothing but underwear. Anyways Helen Gilmour everybody! She knits traditional forms and uses balloons to keep their shape then dips them over and over in a clay slip (liquid clay). Upon firing they cotton burns off and what is left is a clay knitted form.

knittedteapot_620.jpg

You know I love this guy so much. Well he creates beautiful work and has his own technique using Shlac. He Shlacs a piece by doing his calligraphy/text/graff whatever then wipes away the non shlaced clay and repeats giving his work a level and clean amount of depth. Also too HE LOVES GOOD BEER! He sells his porcelain mugs on Etsy and uses a image that if I can find it states "good beer needs a good glass" or something like that.

il570xn448160329rhno.jpg

refire01.jpg

beerglasses1.jpg

Well I wasnt expecting my wine to catch up so sooon. So Ill wait to post again. Keep this thread going.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...